Chapter 16

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next moment I feel the dark abyss evaporates once again, everything comes to me through a massive headache.

 

This has to stop before it become a usual thing. Me waking up with a headache and what not.

 

Suddenly, it’s as if I am aware of everything that happened in the area surrounding me. I haven’t even opened my eyelids when my other senses started to kick in first.

 

The sound of cars’ engine, people animatedly talking to each other, indicates that maybe I’m in a busy area of a city. Along with the smell of fresh baked breakfast, tells me that I’m somewhere near a diner. But what makes me furrow my brows was strangely the sound of what sounded like a water flowing, birds flapping, and what sounded like a heavy footsteps of a herd of mammals.

 

Am I also near the zoo?

 

A sudden chuckle brought me back from my thoughts, and as I tried to open my eyes, then it hit me.

 

The awfully strange feeling of dryness in my throat was nothing I have ever felt before. I have gone through almost a day without water before trying to win a stupid bet with Jungkook, but the thirst was nothing like this. I whimpered as I opened my eyes for the soreness.

 

When my eyelids make way for my sight, immediately my eyes found him. The source of my light, my everything, Jimin.

 

He smiled when my gaze clashed with his, and I wholeheartedly returned it. He took my hand in his before kissing the back of it in a soft peck as we gaze each other. I was about to open my mouth to say something when the thirst reminded me of its existence.

 

I whimpered again and I watched as Jimin’s eyes began to widen in worry. Unable to speak, I gesture to him to bring me some water in hope to clench whatever this is. And as if understanding what I’m going through, using his ability he sped up to take what looked like a grail.

 

Too much for a glass of water, Jimin. I in my mind, knowing that he hears it. And he does, as I saw his lips twitch for a second before his face turned apologetic as he handed me the said drink. I frowned. It is water isn’t it? And not soon after I ask that question in my head does my other senses kicks in.

 

The smell of what I know to be blood invaded my mind. And immediately it triggers something within me that I didn’t know as with a speed that I don’t know I have, I snatched the grail and drink it thirstily in a fast gulp. Going as far as the grail in greed. Once everything’s clean I found my own reflection from the inside of the said cup. Gasping by what I saw that immediately brought me back from my haze.

 

My eyes.

 

They’re as red as the blood I just drank. With a loud gasp I drop the grail as it touch the floor with a loud noise.

 

Blood I just… drank?

 

I push myself back on the bed until my back met the headboard while clutching my head in my hands.

 

“What- what happened to me?” I asked myself, panicked of what I just saw.

 

“Haerin.”

 

Jimin’s deep voice reminding me of his presence with me. Without wasting another moment, I lunged at him with a speed and strength I didn’t know I have that it shocked the both of us as we both fall to the ground. Me on top of him, arms around his neck, face deep in the crook of his neck.

 

He’s really here. He’s here just as he promised. But that’s not what’s important now.

 

“What happened to me, Jimin? Why are my eyes red? And was that b-blood?” I asked him, still in his embrace.

 

With a sigh, I felt Jimin circled his arms around me in a tight embrace be

Please log in to read the full chapter