Chapter 06

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

Looking at myself in the mirror, I fix my hair to a simple bun. I re-check my simple make up consisting of a foundation, mascara, and a little red tint for my lips. My clothing is also simple, a long-sleeved red t-shirt under a short denim overalls. The whole outfit is to my taste and is perfect for the occasion of the so-called date. I observe myself in the mirror for the last time before I take a deep breath,

 

“This is only an act of gratitude, nothing more. You can do it. You don’t need another cliché story of an unrequited love, Haerin. One is enough. He does this only as an act of sympathy.”

 

I convince myself as I nod to my reflection. I open my mouth to repeat the same mantra to myself, only to be cut with a doorbell.

 

“I didn’t think I made an appointment with anybody else today. Jungkook?”

 

I wonder to myself as I went to get the door. Opening the door I can only widened my eyes at what I saw in front of me. I am stunned. Is he really the said creature of the dark he claims to be.

 

A tucked in black shirt, matched with a black ripped jeans. For crying out loud he even wore a glasses, though I know it’s just an accessory since all I know, vampire has super sight, thus they don’t need glasses. But still, it did me dirty. Overall, his style is the perfect match for him. But he’s indeed gorgeous, I bet he can wear a plain t-shirt and still killing it.

 

“Why thank you.”

 

Perplexed, my head immediately snapped to his gaze, I’m just about to ask him a question when he pointed and tap his head with that annoying smirk on his face. Mind reading. Of course. I scoff at him with my arms crossed in front of my chest.

 

“Don’t be too cocky, mister, it was nowhere near compliments. I was-“

 

“Don’t worry, you look attractive as well.”

 

He cuts me off and finished it with a wink. I swear he’s making me crazy. My heart stopped a second.

 

He’s just playing with you, he’s just playing. I glare at him as he continues to smirk.

 

“Anyway, why are you on my doorway? I thought you’d be sneaking back through the window in my room or something. Just like you used to.”

 

He shrugged before answering, “Well, I thought you might like it. It makes the date more, official.” He seductively whispers the last part and another wink before he casually put his hands inside his pocket.

 

At that I cannot help myself as my heart started to beats uncontrollably and a pink tint started spreading on my cheeks. Biting my lips, I take a deep breath before I push him off and make a move to lock my door, put it in my handbag and make a walk to the street, ignoring him. I put my free hand on my chest as I take a deep breath, calming myself down.

 

I heard him shouting for me to wait but I cannot let him see this side of me. No, not now, not ever. I can’t let this feeling take over me. I can’t-  

 

“Hey wait up.” I yelp as a hand grabbed me on my shoulder, cutting me off my movements and thoughts at the same time.

 

“Goodness Jimin, you almost gave me yet another heart attack.”

 

“Oops?” that’s all he said as a reply. Rolling my eyes at him, I was about to walk forward when his hand caught mine and intertwines it. I look at our now intertwined hands before shooting him a confused look.

 

“This.” He brought our hands up, “Is to make sure that you won’t walk ahead of me again. And also just in case you will get lost.” He says with a cocky smile plastered on his face. I rolled my eyes at him but gave in anyway.

 

“I’m not the one that will get lost here, mister. I’m the one giving you tour guide, remember?” I cocked a brow at him.

 

“Yep.” Came his short reply.

 

“Then why-“

 

“Come on now, the day won’t wait for us, for all I knew it could be dark soon, and we don’t want princess to get home late, don’t we?” he cuts me off casually and softly pulls me to walk on his side before I can even protest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day went by pretty quick, it is filled with me literally showing him around, I guess he’s really never been here. I showed him the city’s park, the market, since it is a small city so fyi, there’s not a single mall in here. Only some convenience store and some small stores here and there. We went to stop by to eat lunch in the restaurant we pass by. On the last tour, I purposely put the abandoned dock as our last stop as it is also quite near from my house, so it’s like a round walk around the city. The sun is almost setting when we arrived there.

 

“And so here’s our last stop, its-“

 

“The city’s abandoned dock.” I look at him as he just finishes my sentence. He looks around before then fixing his gaze on me, a small smile shown on his face.

 

“This is where you first saw me, remember?”

 

I was

Please log in to read the full chapter