Chapter 13

Creature of the Dark
Please log in to read the full chapter

Everything’s going to be okay.

 

“Wake up, you filthy human!” the voice, or should I say Minjun said along with a loud bang from the room.

 

I groaned at the sudden intrusion, feeling the stiffness of my muscles all over my body. I let out a pained yelp as my body was suddenly kicked in the sides.

 

“Come now don’t waste my time. A little slower and you’ll have it worse than that.“

 

As fast as I could muster, I complied. Physically, I can’t handle anymore of his torture, though mentally I’m willing myself to be stronger. I won’t cry. Jimin has already promised me. And that promise I will hold on to.

 

“Wh-what do you want?” I asked, cursing myself when I stutter. I look up to meet with Minjun’s disgusted glare in which I am more than glad to return.

 

To my dismay, he only smirked at me. Taking slow predator-like steps towards me, an evil glint in his deep red eyes. I tried to gather all of the courage I have to keep a steady poker face. As fast as it came, air came out of me as he backhanded my cheek. The amount of his power causes me to fall to my side and I groaned when my body hit the floor once again. I bit my lip in order not to whimper in front of him.

 

No, I refuse to show him another weakness that he could play with.

 

In my peripheral vision, I notice Minjun crouching down in front of me. I yelp on reflex when he yanked my hair roughly and forces me to meet his gaze.

 

“There’s no need to try and be brave, sweetheart. Your pathetic weak being won’t stand a chance.” He said with his mouth quirking up in a mocking manner. I winced and let out a pained breath when his other hand not so gently rubbed on the bruised skin of my cheek, he only chuckles dryly with his smirk widened.

 

“Pathetic”, was all he said before he uses his speed to trap me against a wall. I shut my eyes close, choking back a groan that about to resurface. What’s with him and trapping me against a wall? much?

 

“What are you doing?” I asked with panic when I felt his lips on my neck. I grimace in pure disgust when I felt his tongue on my skin. I felt him inhaling a deep breath before saying,

 

“Hmmm. I think I changed my mind for your blood. You smelt so delicious, a sip won’t harm, right?” he chuckles darkly. “Though I won’t guarantee my self-control. Just a warning, I might drain you dry.” He finishes off with an evil cackle.

 

Instantly, I panicked as my heartbeats rising like I ran marathon. No, I can’t let him do this.

 

“You won’t.” I let out, and instantly I felt him pause before he pulls back to look at me, a smirk still attached.

 

“And how is it that you can came to that conclusion?”

 

“You said it yourself, I won’t be of use when I die.”

 

I tried my hardest to keep my stony expression front for him not to see the fear in me. But one can only do so much, right? Especially when my own life is on the line. I need to keep stalling him killing me before Jimin arrives.

 

But what if he really is gone? What if he won’t be coming? My subconscious emerged. No, he will come. He promised. Shaking my head mentally, I pushed those thoughts away. Even if he won’t come, I won’t surrender easily to his evil brother.

 

“I did said that, didn’t I?”

 

Minjun’s voice brought me back from my own thoughts. I notice him tilting his face with his trademark smirk. I swear I’m wiping it off him when Jimin’s here.

 

“Or I could let you die now, so when Jimin arrived, he’ll suffer from his loss of lover, and I attack him when he’s in grief. How ‘bout that, Haerin?”

 

I widened my eyes slightly before masking it again, though unfortunately he already noticed.

 

“Smart isn’t it? It’s a win-win for me. I get your blood and also him to suffer before I kill him. Wow I never knew I was this smart I swear.” He laughs devilishly.

 

In less than a second, he located his mouth on my neck once again. Tongue lapping my skin and it didn’t took long before I felt his sharp canine grazing my soft skin. And that is my cue to start thrashing in his hold. Though it won’t have much effect, I won’t just easily surrender to him.

 

Jimin, where are you? I need you. Help me.

 

“Help! Help me!” I screamed, hoping someone, anyone will listen to my plea. Minjun’s hand immediately cover my mouth roughly.

 

“Save your voice, sweetheart. No one will listen. You might as well relax and let me do my share. I promise it won’t hurt much if you relax.” I glare at him in response before thrashing once again.

 

“Well, suit yourself then. And here I thought I might give you some closure.” He mocks a sigh before proceed on placing his lips on my neck. Not long after I felt it. The sharp and piercing pain on my neck. It shots through me. Causing me to shiver in both pain and disgust. I thrashed my body once again, gathering all of the strength I have to remove myself from him.

 

It didn’t took long before dark spots filled my vision. Minjun didn’t even loosen his hold on me as he drinks my blood.

 

Is this finally it then? I will die just like this? Jimin…

 

I exhale shakily as I tried ca

Please log in to read the full chapter