nine; memories

school love

I was on my tutoring hour, before it started I got to talk to Kyla and Siyeon, they were doing real well, and seeing them being close friends made me happy but it also brought memories from my past. It was my first day of highschool, I remember myself being chill about all I had to face for the few next years and it was all thanks to my friends, most of us were friends since elementary, but there were also people that knew each other from kindergarten days, it was crazy.  Nayoung and Yewon met back then and I got to meet both of them when we got to school, Nana was the one that was friends with Minkyung and Kyungkwon whilst Yewon brought her classmate Yebin, who ended up being her best friend later. And that’s how our group was born. We really were like a big family, it was always the six of us, not matter where or when but everything started slowly to go downhill when we entered highschool. It was all good for junior and sophomore year but it changed right away as summer break it started. We all could see we were drifting apart, however, that wasn’t the only issue going between us. Minkyung and Yebin started hanging out with some people that were known as bad influences at school. They started going out to parties every single weekend like their lives depended on it, avoided us when we tried to reach to them. We were surprised to see them changing this much, it felt like we didn’t even knew them from the start, they looked to us like if we were strangers. But the last straw was that june night.  This girl who was in our year, threw a party at home since her parents went away for vacation and literally invited over the whole year, we knew for a fact Minkyung and Yebin were going, they weren’t going to miss the bus. Nayoung and I thought it was a good idea so we ended up showing at the party. We told Yewon and she wasn’t really feeling it so it was us against the world.

The place was crowded, we agreed to have fun for a while until we stumbled into those two. I got us some drinks and we tried to not to spill any when someone pushed me while we were on the dance floor and I made everything around me sloppy in the matter of seconds. I slipped and grabbed onto someone’s shoulder to avoid falling. They turned around, when I saw her face my jaw dropped and it felt worse than if I had fallen to the ground, it was Minkyung. She took my hand as we were leaving the massive crowd. We were now at an almost empty hallway, her face was blushed whereas her expression looked pissed off.

“What the hell are you doing here? You don’t even like parties that much!” She yelled at me, I tried to keep my composure and I breathed in before answering.

“I wanted to talk, we wanted to talk”

“We? Who else have you brought along in this pointless plan huh?”

I never saw her being this rude ever before, is she drunk? I asked myself.

“Minkyung, have you been drinking?

“Shut up it’s none of your bussiness, Yebin!” She called who seemed to be now her best friend over but it was obvious she didn’t answered, the music and noise were way to loud.

I told you, go away! I ended up crashing against the wall, she pushed me away and dissappeared back to the crowd. 

I sat there and tears started sliding through my cheeks, my feelings were hurt. I never knew this would get to this point. Somehow Nayoung found me and wiped off my tears. She hugged me and I held tight onto her, it made me feel slightly better but I was still heartbroken.

“You’ll tell me what happened later it’s okay, now, let’s go home”

That was what really made us to break our bond, I wished for Siyeon and Kyla to have better luck than we did.