one; the start

school love

It was the first day of class, I woke up happily at the thought of reuniting with my friends and hopefully starting the brand new school year fresh. I spent some days with them during vacation but that wasn’t enough. I was really looking foreword to seeing them again. I got to the main building early but there were already tons of people gathering in the hallways waiting for either their friends or teachers.

It was hard going through that large crowd to find the bulletin board where all the information was posted, but when I reached I was relieved. I started reading the lists to find my name, I pointed up when I found it and looked to see my class. Class 2 was written on the paper. I couldn’t help it as flashbacks started appearing in my mind when I first got here at Pledis High and I was a clueless freshman. 

Just then, I heard a familiar voice calling my name across the corridor. “Nunu-ya!” she said, I tried following where the voice was coming from but to my surprise, we both ended up bumping into each other.

“Nayoung, it's so good to see you again, I missed you!” I answered, hugging her tightly, the both of us still laying on the floor.

“What a nice way to start senior year, don’t you think?” she replied, a small smile placed on her face.

She picked up her glasses, which fell during our impact and we both got up. Thankfully, her glasses were fine and so were we. Nayoung placed her glasses, whilst I adjusted my green and navy uniform, and she began to speak again.

“We're classmates once again but have you seen who else is our class?”

“I was about to but didn't get the chance once you called my name, so enlighten me please.”

“This year Yewon is not in our class…” I pouted as soon as she finished. Yewon was our closest friend here, it’s usually the three of us always no matter where or when but this year it’s going to be different. She sighed, you could see how her smile faded and that lowkey made me sad.

“On the other hand, have you heard people chatting up about this certain new girl?

“Should I have?” I  questioned, “you know I don't usually pay attention to gossip, it’s not my cup of tea”

“There’s this new girl, she's in our class and she just transferred from China!"

I was awed, we usually don’t have many foreign students coming here. Transferring from another country on senior year sounded really tough, she must be a capable person to face such a situation. I found myself wondering what she would be like, would she be nice? What does she look like? I guess I'll have my answers soon enough.

“You two! Hurry, you’re going to be late at this point!” Yewon appeared out of nowhere to warn us about the time. She was clinging onto the door with her head poking out. She had a bright smile drawn on her face as per usual and her hair was styled into two cute buns. We both said goodbye to her, and promised we would meet with her for lunch.

Once Nayoung and I finally made it to our classroom, we took a glance to see which desks we should take. By now almost all of them were taken. Fortunately, I saw two empty desks close to one another, I took the one placed in the second row and she took the one right in front of me. The teacher came in as soon as we both sat in our chosen places. She introduced herself and explained the goals for the school year. She also started to pick students to introduce themselves to the rest of the class. Then suddenly, someone knocked on the door.