six; rainy day

school love

Winter approached fast enough, the temperatures these past days dropped and were enough cold for me being wanting to crawl in bed with a cozy blanket all the time. The middle term exams already had started, everyone was feeling stressed about it but in all this years I’m glad I can say I got to learn how to manage my nerves at least. These days I was helping Nayoung with them since she has been having a little trouble lately on both focusing and memorising the lessons. I offered her to join my tutoring class for freshman students but she denied it, she was kind of embarassed about it so we started meeting up at either our places or the local library. Tutoring was better than usual, other years people usually slacked off but this time is different which makes me nothing but happy, there’s these two students, Kyla and Siyeon, they have to be the best ones in my tutoring class.

And for drama club, I was having a good time mostly every day, thanks to it Kyulkyung and I got closer to the point of considering ourselves friends and not just classmates anymore. She still hangs at lunch time with Minkyung and Yebin but she seemed to not know about any of what happened between us.

“Yewon, did you do well in your maths test?” I asked while sitting in her desk.

“I think I did fine” she answered.

“I’ll take that as a yes” I replied back.

The break between classes wasn’t over but I guess it was as soon as her teacher came in.

“See you later” I said as I left the classroom.

When I got to class, 

I found there a tired Nayoung, she was laying in her desk almost asleep. I came closer and I removed the hair that was covering her face and she suddenly got up and rubbed her eyes.

“You studied hard Nana, you will do well I promise.”

“Thank you for believing in my when I don’t believe in myself anymore.”

“That’s what friends are for, aren’t they? And I gave her a backhug as soon as I finished speaking.

The lesson started, we were revising for next week’s test when a yellow sticky note that came from the back landed on my english book. I took it an read it up close, I took me a few to recognise that neat handwritten, it was Kylukyung’s.

Plans for later :)? It’s Friday!

I wrote back “It’s up to you!

I turned around slightly and sticked it on her desk.

When the class came to an end, we stopped using the sticky notes and actually got to talk.

“So… I wanted to go to this dog café that I heard of, I think it’s close”

“Yes! That’s fine with me, half past five there?

“Sure, I’m so happy to go there, we don’t have those on China you know?

“I’ll take you there gladly” I smiled.

We got interrupted in the middle of the talking but it wasn’t by someone, it was rather by what. It sounded like something hit the windows, we approached to take a look to see what was happening outside. It was pouring, I took a glance and I also saw lightning and thunder raging through the sky. We stared at each other and shrugged. I picked up my bagpack and I started to search what deepdown I knew I forgot at home, an umbrella.

The bell rang and it was time to go home, Yewon and Nayoung had extra hours of activities today, so I was on my own and most important without and umbrela. It was still raining but not as much as before. I started running but I realised it wasn’t that smart, I was still going to get soaked but I didn’t wanted to slip over so I started walking.

“Nunu-ya wait!” I heard Kyulkyung shout loudly, she was approaching to me fast, covering herself with her coat which was bigger than herself.

She stood right by my side and put the coat above both of us.

“I don’t have an umbrella either, but I think I got us covered huh? She winked and began laughing as we were leaving the school.