five; what a coincidence

school love

Time was passing by way too fast, it was the second week of school already when I wanted to realise. During the weekend I met with both Yewon and Nayoung and had a picnic together by the side of the river Han. After this week we heard about the weather getting worse so we took what it seemed like our only chance to do it.  

Today our extra activities started, I was really excited for this year at the drama club, I wasn’t sure who was joining I guess I’ll have to wait for it. We had some exams even though it was just the second week back at school but that while being a senior doesn’t apply to you. Before our last class, Nana and I decided on going to Yewon’s class during the break between classes to talk with her.

When we were about to cross the classroom we saw her chatting up with Kyungwon, the two of them looked like they were having a nice conversation so at the end Nayoung and I returned back to class without interrupting them.

Today during break time we went to the cafeteria as per usual, but as I soon as I spotted Kyulkyung sitting once again with Minkyung and Yebin, Nayoung noticed something was wrong with me. We usually sit there for the whole break time but she suggested to go outside for once. Her movement took Yewon by surprise but we still went out and had our lunchs sitting in the stairs at the back of the building. Yewon was telling Nayoung about how sweet has been Kyungwkon with her lately these days.

“There’s nothing to be suspicious of, is it?”

“I bet she really means her actions, you shall not worry that much” Nayoung adviced her while I was taking a sip of my orange juice.

“Nunu what do you say?” Yewon asked me while looking at me.

“Hm… I agree with her, Kyungkwon must feel sorry for everything that has happened so…”

I found myself thinking about what happened at break time on my last period class, I checked the time on my watch and it was just a few minutes left, I’ve been waiting the entire day for drama club to start like literally. When it was time I packed my stuff quickly and hugged Nayoung as a goodbye, I was walking out of class when I heard my name being called.

“Eunwoo-ya wait!”

I turned around and I saw Kyulkyung running towards me. My eyes were wide open, I didn’t know what was going on.

“Where is the drama club? Someone told me you were also in, I’m so relieved I actually know someone you know? And I’m glad it’s you.” She smiled at me, her face looked even prettier than usual when she did it. Her smile could light up the whole room in a gloomy day effortlessly.

“Really? Oh what a coincidence, we can go together!” I replied.

She suddenly appeared beside me and linked our arms as we were leaving our classroom, for some reason that made me happier than I was before.

We got to the hall and there were about to fifteen people gathered there waiting for the teacher to make an appearence. When she did, she explained the class’ policy but first she proceeded to introduce herself and later she made us introduce each other.

“Today we will learn how to display all different types of emotions, it’s okay if you don’t nailed it’s the first day you have a whole year ahead of you!”

People were mumbling and searching for a known face just in case they need someone to reassure themselves.

“Get in pairs” she now added.

Kyulkyung and I looked at each other and we both knew pairing up was the right thing to do.