eight; bad news

school love

When I wanted to realise, the weekend was over already, Kyulkyung and I haven’t talked since we met on Friday after school. I really enjoyed our time at the dog café, when we finished our drinks we started playing with the dogs and seeing her that cheerful surely brighted up the cloudy and rainy day we were having.

 

 As soon as the bell rang, I turned myself around to talk to her but she was talking to other classmates, I decided to stay on my place and I would chat to her later at some point. Yewon arrived later than usual for lunch time, when she got to the table where Nayoung and I were, she took me by my arm.

“I need her for a minute we will be right back!” she told Nayoung and she gave us a surprised look.

“What’s going on Yewon?” I asked completely unaware of the situation.

“Have you talked to Kyulkyung today?” She questioned me this time.

“In fact I haven’t, yet. Why?”

“You’re not going to like this…”

I gulped, I didn’t know what she was trying to say.

“So as you know, Kyungwon and I grew closer again since we are classmates, and she told me that this morning when she was walking to school along with Minkyung and Yebin they were both talking about Friday, they saw you and Kyulkyung at the café. I’m sorry.”

I felt like crying, my feelings were so hurt when I heard all those words. I knew for a fact Kyungwon wasn’t lying, now I knew why we haven’t talked since then. I bet those two made her avoid me because they knew that would probably hurt me. And now thinking about it, something kind of strange happened while we were still sitting at the table. I saw her staring at the glass and her expression changed right away.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked, as naïve as I could be.

“No, it’s okay!”

It seemed suspicious but I didn’t wanted to make a big deal out of it so I went with the flow.

Yewon gave me one of her cuddly hugs, I thanked her for letting me know, I didn’t wanted her to get into the situation just in case it would get even worse. I really felt the urge to talk to Kyulkyung right now. We went back to were Nayoung was and we finally joined her, she didn’t asked any questions, she always knew the right time to ask them and right not it was certainly not the best.

I couldn’t concentrate, my mind was of course somewhere else. Today I have tutoring, I hope by then everything will be clearer. I was taking notes when I felt something on my chair, I looked up and there was, once again, a yellow sticky note. I was feeling both nervous and relieved,  not even my mood made sense at all.

“We need to talk, bathroom, when everyone leaves”

I wrote “I’ll be there” and handed her the note back. My watch showed it was just a few minutes left to be done with the classes for the day. I had a break between the end of the classes and tutoring so I will be able to get to tutoring on time after talking to her. I waited for everyone to leave the classroom and I started packing but I waited there. Walking through the now empty hallway I checked both sides to make sure no one was around, I got into the bathroom and she was there.

“I’m so sorry” she inmediately said and hugged me and kept talking:

I was talking about you and they told me you all used to be friends with eachother but things went downhill and now it’s awkward, they pressed me to stop talking to you and I can’t believe I was actually doing it, please, forgive me.

A tear was slidding on her cheek, her eyes were watery and I offered her a tissue and hugged her back.

“I knew it wasn’t your choice and I’m relieved I actually was right. Can we promise they won’t tear us apart?

My pinky was hanging on the air until she interwined hers with mine to fulfill the promise.