chapter six

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   The divine zero

The first person Sohee called was Minseok, they were all shaken up staring at the photos on the ground. Taeha had sat on the floor as Jaewon sifted through the other photos in the box, and Haeun was leaning against her desk. None of them spoke.

"How do we even know its for us?" Haeun asked, Taeha zoned out.

 

"Taeha! Breakfast!" Her mother called, she replied with a curt coming after fixing her uniform. Walking out of her room she was joined by her brother down the hall as they walked to the dining room. They family talked about their schedule's for the day, and anything that would cause they to be late. Taeha had already began to not feel well.

Taeha sighed walking into her room, she had no idea what was wrong with her body. She had been sent home early from school and just wanted to sleep whatever this off. Plopping back onto her bed, exhaustion began to take hold of her, her eyelids heavy. She soon fell asleep, hours passed before she woke up. Only two to be specific, her brother wouldn't be home yet nor her parents. When the sound of voices reached her ears, definitely not her brother, as she heard a male yell. She sat up in alarm believing someone had broken into her house, slowly standing up more yelling continued more than two voices, thats for sure.

Taeha looked around her room to see if she had anything to protect herself, deciding against it and just thining her parents came home early. As she openeed her door words like 'cheating', mistress', and 'affair' resonanted in her mind. She was confused as she picked out two voices she didn't know and two she knew as her parents. She walked closer to the living room as she heard a gun shot, silence eteched the living room, before more yelling occured. As Taeha peeked her head around the corner she spotted her mother holding gun waving it around before pointing it at a young man shooting him, then turning and pointing it to Taeha's father, shooting him before Taeha could even process what was happening. She called out for her mother, as the elder woman placed the gun to her temple, a synical smile covering her face before pulling the trigger.

Taeha ran back to her room hoping and praying she was just dreaming, laying on her bed she closed her eyes. Sleep luring her in. When was shaken awake by her older brother, Jaeshin, his face filled with worry and sadness and a small oil stain on his cheek.

"Taeha?" Someone snapped her out her thoughts, she looked away from the stack of pictures to see Suho holding her shoulder. "Why don't you take a seat with the others." He said, nodding to the table where Jaewon and Haeun stood by staring at their own pictures in their hands. 

Nodding she picked up the picture she was focused on, a picture of her and her brother in the police station that night, carrying it over to the table taking a seat. She pulled her phone out and called her brother, the emotions she felt that day and the loss catching up to her again. Jaewon leaned against the table studying the picture.

A younger Jaewon waited at the school gates waiting for his younger sister, something that became a habit and a routine for the siblings ever since they were little. As Jihye waved bye to her friends he began walking down the street she soon following after him.

"You don't have debate today?" She asked, as normally he had something going on.

"Our supervisior is sick so we can't stay after. I do need your help on some paperwork for your year." He said, looking through the binder in his hands.

"Okay, I will help. If," She pased for dramatic effect. "You help me with my science assignment." She said, he nodded as they got to the bus stop.

The two sat at home doing their work with some television program on for background noise. Jihye laid on her stomach on the floor going over her class notes as she filled out her assignment. Jaewon filled out classwork first then began typing out Student Council paperwork for the next meeting. As knock echoed through their house, Jaewon stood up thinking their dad probably ordered them food since he was most likely working over time. Opening the door he was startled by the two police officers at the door wearing solemn expressions. 

"Is this the Ahn residence?" The older one asked, Jaewon nodded as Jihye peeked her head around his body. "We would like you two to come with us to the station. You aren't in trouble it would be better if the detective explained everything." He explained the two put on their shows and followed the officer sto the patrol car.

As it pulled up to the station, he didn't know it but, right across from him sat Taeha and her brother, her head down as tears followed out of her eyes. Jaewon and his siter waited for the detectives to call them over, when he did, he put a box of tissues down infront of them at his desk. Jaewon clutched Jihye's hand feeling something bad was about to happen.

"Your father is a victim of a hit and run accident, the car was not see only your father was found on the street. We rushed him in the ambulance, but, he couldn't be revived. He died at the scene, we are going to take every measure possible to find who did this to your father. I'm sorry for your loss. When you are ready you may come back and answer some of our questions." He said, handing Jaewon his card, as Jihye began to shake. The older bowed to the detective as an officer at the front bowed to them, leaving the department, Jaewon supported Jihye as they walked trying to stay strong for her knowing they had no one to lean on anymore.

He sighed putting the picture down, one of him and Jihye walking home that night, as Haeun gulped trying to keep her tough girl appearance up. Jaewon looked around and spotted Sohee standing by her desk leaning on it, staring at a picture. 

"How the hell did they get these pictures?" Suhyun said, no one even noticed the small team lead had entered the office, with Chen not far behind.

Haeun stretched as the sound of her parents talking in the kitchen caught her ear.

"He normally doesn't stay out this late." Her mother worried, she knew they were talking about her older brother, Namjae, as he had recently started Univeristy.

"He probably was out till late with his friends as he both were as univeristy students." Her father stated with a chuckle, Haeun brushed her hair both putting it up in a ponytail and getting into her uniform for school. Walking out of her room, she greeted her parents.

"Namjae oppa, didn't come home last night?" She asked, as they all sat down to eat. 

"We called him multiple times last night to see when he would be coming home." His mother said, her dad gave her a bowl of rice.

"Maybe he has himself a girlfriend." He said, the two choked on their food at her dad's weird outburst.

Haeun went about school like any other day, as she sat in her history class the school dean came into the classroom, scaring half of the students. They all looked at each other as their teacher haulted his lecture.

"Do Haeun, may I speak with you?" He said, the whole class grew silent as she grabbed her stuff and followed him to his office, where her dad sat. He seemed to have aged 10 years in a few hours as she looked at him confused.

"Haeun-ah, please take a seat." Her dad croked, she felt something bad was about to occur as she slowly sat down in the chair before him. She looked to her dad with furrowed brows as she placed her backpack on her lap. "Namjae was found a few hours ago,"

"That's great. Why are you telling me this now?" She asked, confused as to why her dad came all the way here just to tell her that.

"He was found on the side of the road." He father became choked up saying those words, she looked at him then to his shaking hands.

"What." She whispered, her hands began shaking.

"These are invasive, they know a lot about you all. Lets just you all somewhere safe till we know who brought these." Suho said, snapping Haeun out her thoughts as Lay placed a hand on her shoulder noticing how tense she was.

"I agree with Suho, let's stay at the warehouse until we get this figured out." Suhyun said, placing a hand on Jaewon's hunched back where he sat in a chair bent over.

"I'll let the other guys know." Kai said pulling out his phone, as Suhyun called Yejin.

author's note.  let me know what you guys think! Next chapter everyone will be at the warehouse and you will get the other flashbacks, don't worry! Sorry the gif is the same, I finished and am posting on my phone so I don't have the one I wanted to use ㅠ ㅠ