The story behind the painting.

Loving a Killer

The story behind it..


“You look down.” JiHoon commented as Daniel entered through the door.

It had become a habit for him, to drop by almost every day. At the starting, it was for the piece of painting.

But now, it seemed no longer important. For all he wanted was Ji Hoon presence.

“Some problems with work.” Daniel replied briefly.

Despite the fact that he wanted so much to pour his sorrows to Ji Hoon, Daniel knew that he could not. Everything to do with any cases was to remain between him and his teammates. And no one else.

Ji Hoon nodded, and said nothing.

Daniel just looked around the shop, “You never sold any of your paintings?”

Ji Hoon shook his head.

he looked at Ji Hoon curiously, “How do you earn money then?”

Ji Hoon smiled, “I opened the shop for myself, not for the money.”

“I don’t understand. You have another job, I supposed?”

Ji Hoon sat down on the chair, “Maybe I have. But it’s not important.”

“For this is the only place where you can find the true me.”

Daniel stared at him, his curiosity burning in him. he had never came across anyone this mysterious. And he was dying to find out more about Ji Hoon, Park Ji Hoon

Ji Hoon chuckled at his expression, “It’s all right, Daniel. All that really matters now is that you are here with me.”

He looked at him with those eyes, and he could feel his heart pounding silently ..

“Do you want to know the story behind the painting?” Ji Hoon asked suddenly, breaking off the connection between the two.

Daniel nodded, half disappointed that Ji Hoon had turned away just like that.

Ji Hoon stood up, eyeing the painting with sadness in his eyes, “She is my mother.”

“She was a beautiful woman, kind and caring. I have loved her.”

That Daniel could understand. A handsome guy like Ji Hoon ought to have a beautiful mother. This kind of things tend to flow in the blood.

But what he could not understand was why Ji Hoon had used the past tense. 'Loved'. He loved her mother.

What about now? Does Ji Hoon love her mother no more?

as then Ji Hoon continued

“But after my father passed away, she became depressed. Every time she sees me, she would yell at me, hit me even.”

Ji Hoon pulled up his sleeve, showing a deep scar on his right hand, “There was once when I came home late from school, and she had gotten mad at me, slashing me with a knife.”

Daniel gasped; he could never imagine his mum doing this to him. Mothers aren’t supposed to be like that...

“I almost died.” Ji Hoon laughed, as if mocking himself, “I was in the hospital for two whole months, yet not once had she came to visit me.”

“And when I went home, she had dumped all my stuff outside. Get out. I never want to see you again. That was exactly what she had told me.”

“Then... What happened to you?” Daniel asked, as Ji Hoon kept quiet.

Ji Hoon smiled sadly, “I was only fourteen at that time. There was nothing much that I could do.”

“I begged on the streets, take up part time jobs. And at night I will sleep on the bench in the park.”

“It went on like that for two whole years. It was then that some kind-hearted soul took pity on me and took me in. He gave me food, clothes, and even sent me to school.”

“And you never saw your mum again?”

Ji Hoon shook his head, “I did. Not too long ago, on the streets. She was begging for food just like I was.”

“But I did not approach her. I wanted so much to help her, but I could not bring myself to. She did too much for me to forgive her.” Ji Hoon said, clenching his fist.

Daniel heart ached for him. he could not imagine himself going through something like that. But Ji Hoon had, for years he had suffered so much. It was all understood.

The painting. The beauty of his mother had represented his love for her, yet the dark thorns and roses signified his hurt and feeling of betrayal as she had changed.

Daniel gently pat his shoulder and hug him, “It’s all right, Ji Hoon. It’s all over now.”

All over now..


tbc.