Face to Face

Loving a Killer

Face to Face



“Business talks. Meetings. Expensive meals. Late nights with y babes. Is that all that rich people do?” Daniel muttered as he slouched down in the car seat.

Woojin snorted, “Of course. What else do you expect them to do? Exercise?”

It was already three in the morning. And there was still no sign of their target stepping out of the nightclub.

Daniel yawned, “I am going to doze off any minute now.”
Woojin sighed, “No time for that.” he said as the familiar figure stepped out.

Woojin started the engine and slowly followed behind.

They watched as he stepped into a dark alley.

Daniel gave Woojin a brief nod and got out of the car. he stepped gingerly into the dark alley, following as closely as possible.

“What’s he doing in such a dark alley?” Daniel muttered underneath his breath as they stepped deeper and deeper into the murky place.

The ground was wet with muddy water and the pipes at both sides were dirty and some even broken. Fungus grew on the walls and there was a stinky smell spreading into his nose.

It was all out of a sudden when the man turned around.

Daniel stopped in his track, knowing that he had been discovered.

he peeped from behind the wall, it was too dark and he was too far away to see clearly. But he could see that it was masked.

Daniel heart pounded against his chest, he was not their target.

Daniel did not dare to breath as he walked towards him. he wanted to run, but he's curious as who the masked man is. And as a policeman, it was a must for him to get to the bottom of things.

he stared as he rounded the corner, standing right in front of him.

“Stupid.” He said as he raised his gun to Daniel forehead.

It became clear to him who he was.

he wanted to reach out and pull out his mask. To arrest him and make him pay for all his crimes.

But Daniel knew he could not. A light tap of his finger, and he would be gone.

as Daniel closed his eyes, waiting for death to come. But seconds past and he was still standing there, beads of cold sweat dripping down from his forehead.

as Daniel opened his eyes to meet his. They were cold, and dark. Hollow even. Not a hint of feeling could be detected from them.

And the next thing he knows, he felt a sharp pain on his head and the world turned black...



“Are u okay Daniel ah...” Seongwoo called out as his eyes fluttered open.

Daniel reached out to feel his bandaged head. It hurt like hell.

“Are you all right?” Seongwoo asked in concern.

Daniel looked around to see familiar faces. All looking worried.

he nodded his head, but then grimaced as a sharp pain shot through.

“What happened to me?” he asked.

Woojin shrugged, “You were gone for a long while, so I got some of the others to look for you. You were already lying unconscious when we got there.”

“What happened?” Seongwoo asked gently, as he passed him a cup of warm water.

“I saw him.” Daniel said as he clenched onto the glass tightly.

“Him?” Seongwoo asked.

Daniel nodded, “The killer.”

“How do you know it’s him?” JiSung asked.

A tense atmosphere filled the room. Finally, there was some sort of lead coming out.

“He pointed a gun at me.”

“Did you see his face?” Seongwoo asked, his heart aching for Daniel for having to go through such an ordeal.

Daniel shook his head, “He was wearing a mask.”

Disappointed faces could be seen. But then again, giving the killer’s high intelligence and cautiousness, they should have expected it.

“Wait.” Daniel said suddenly, “What happened to our target?”

The rest looked at each other in despair.

“He was found dead in the pub’s toilet.” Seongwoo broke the news to him.

Daniel closed his eyes in frustrations. he could not believe it. They killer just managed to escape right beneath their nose.

On top of that, he had been right in front of him. If  he had been more careful... More intelligent... he could have gotten him... But he had allowed him to escape scout free, to take lives of even more people.

Seongwoo patted his shoulder, “ yah Don’t blame yourself, all right?”

Daniel looked up to see Seongwoo tender smile.

“Have a good rest. We will come up with a new plan soon.”


tbc.

 

Hope you guys are still reading my story!

do leave comments! thanks =)