The Black Flames

Street Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon gulped as he saw a nest of snakes. They were hissing so loud, it hurt their ears. One of the snakes immediately turned into a flame - a black flame. The rest of the snakes did the same.

"Is anyone else seeing a black-" Seokjin felt someone's hand over his mouth, but there was no one behind him - shivers cruised through his spine. As if an invisible person was trying to kidnap him, he struggled and tried to remove the invisible hand from his mouth.

The others stared at him and were about to help him but had no idea what to do. A few seconds later, the hand disappeared and he took a deep breath. The others asked him what happened and he replied, "I don't know. It's like a hand covered my mouth, I could feel it but I couldn't see it..."

Namjoon looked forward as he heard a cracking sound. He looked around and tried to concentrate on the sound. As the sound stopped, so did the flames. They decided to keep walking further.

Taehyung's hands were trembling, the camera would fall but Jungkook was there beside him. Yoongi reached his hand out for the side pocket of his bag to take the water bottle. "What the- Who took my bottle?" He stared at Hoseok who was drinking from the bottle. Yoongi stopped walking, waiting for Hoseok to pass by him, but there was a lack of presence behind him.

"Are you seriously gonna stand there, Mr. Jung Hoseok!?!" There was no reply. He turned around and saw nothing but Hoseok's backpack on the ground, the water bottle on top of it, and the bottle cap beside it. He looked to the front and didn't see him either. He looked back again. "Guys! Hoseok is missing! He was right here but now he's-" 

The others turned back and saw no one. just Yoongi's bag in front of Hoseok's. "Where did they go? Is this some sort of prank? A prank in the middle of a trip where we're almost heading towards unpredictable black flames?!? Are those two-" Seokjin shut himself up before he lost control.

"Yoongi-hyung! Hoseokie-hyung! Where are you two? Please don't mess around, it's not funny- No!" Jimin whined, but stopped when he saw the black flames through the trees. He didn't bother letting anyone know, he ran. He followed the flames until Taehyung grabbed his arm.

"Jiminie, wait... We need to stick together... But first, we need to create a statement about the black flames..."

Jimin sighed and hugged Taehyung. They walked for a few more minutes till they reached a large tree; sitting under the large tree, they decided to sort things out. 

"As far as I can predict, Hoseok and Yoongi-hyung are going to be used as hostages for something. I mean, it only makes sense, right? There could be other people in this area..." Namjoon spoke first.

Jimin added, "I think the black flames are- There's gotta be a connection- I j-just hope they're safe..."

Seokjin gently Jimin'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter