The Stories Before The Disaster

Street Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another fine, sunny day in Seoul. While everyone woke up and set to prepare breakfast, Jungkook was still in bed. He held on to his blanket and put up an exhausted face.

"What's taking Jungkook so long?", asked Jimin as he turned off the TV and walked into the kitchen.

Seokjin responded, "Maybe he's just a little tired." He served breakfast onto the table.

"Yah, these omelettes look so good. It's sizzling!", Hoseok tried to take a bite using his fork but his hand was yanked away by Namjoon. "First of all, it's hot. Secondly, Jungkook isn't here yet." 

Meanwhile, Taehyung went upstairs and leaned on Jungkook's bedroom door, "Jungkook-ah? Are you awake? Breakfast is ready. We're all waiting for you..." There was no answer. Taehyung turned the door handle and saw the other boy still in bed. He sighed as he removed the blanket from the maknae's body and saw his clenched fists and sweat on his face.

"Jungkookie, it's morning... Everyone's waiting for you. Wake up!" Taehyung was tired of waiting and dragged the younger up.

His eyes still closed, his hands loosening, he got out of bed and almost fell down but Taehyung caught him. "Jungkookie, what's wrong?" 

The younger finally spoke, "Mom..."

Taehyung gulped as he slid his hand through Jungkook's hair. "Jungkookie, it's me. Good morning..." He knew why Jungkook felt tired. It's only natural for one to think about their family once in a while.

The younger pulled himself away from his Taehyung's arms and rubbed his eyes. He rushed into the washroom and splashed cold water onto his face. After changing into some fresh clothes, he went downstairs along with Taehyung for breakfast. 

"There you are! You should really come down earlier next time!", said Jimin.

Taehyung stared at the orange-haired boy and pursed his lips, a way of telling the others that Jungkook's not in a good mood. 

"Sorry... I had... I had a bad dream..." Jungkook murmured.

Taehyung patted his back gently and took a seat at the table, grabbing a fork from the side and shoving a chunk of omelette into the younger's mouth. "A nightmare?" 

"I don't want to call it a nightmare, but I don't know what else to call it...It was the same scene from during the earthquake. I can still see my mom's face, her smile, I still remember her voice. It would be better if I died off with her... But...Taehyung-hyung, thank you for saving me..."

Jungkook found himself in a hug from his right, where Taehyung sat.

"Good thing it's only for a day, y'know. I've had the similar dreams every night. But I didn't want to talk about it as I thought I was the only one..."

Hoseok kept his glass of juice on the table after taking the last sip, "Now that you two mention it, we've never talked about our families. Let's talk it all out before we start with the vlog, okay? First, let's enjoy Jin-hyung's delicious breakfast."

The aforementioned smiled and poured him another glass of juice, which the other hadn't expected. 

After breakfast, Seokjin was washing the dishes, Jungkook and Jimin were cleaning the table, Namjoon, Yoongi and Taehyung went upstairs to each and every room and arranged the rooms, whereas Hoseok tried to aid them all. Once they were done with their work, they all gathered in the living room to discuss what had to be discussed. 

"Okay, let's not say much and just share everything. So, umm, my father was... He was a doctor and my mom had her own bakery store. I was in the park during the earthquake. But I was warned about such situations, and I remembered the survival tips, so I kept running. The last time I saw my parents were that early morning... Tae, I have to thank you for what you did." Hoseok began, he looked down and tried his best not to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter