Chapter 3

You've Captured my Heart

 constable.jpg

(August 23, 1997)

Yoona<3

     You responded! I was honestly doubting whether you would even read my email. Knowing you, I would have imagined you dancing around by youself in your backyard. Good job on your grades by the way! I didn't know you were as smart as Sica. I'm happy to know that you are doing well without me there :). I myself have some good news involving school. I joined the elementary school soccer team! It's so much fun. I love staying at home and playing videogames, but being a part of a team is really something else. I was able to make so many new friends. But my parents are also forcing me to learn how to play the piano. It's the worst! I'd rather play Starcraft or soccer with my new friends :( I'm sure if you were here you could have helped me get rid of the giant piano that's now sitting in my living room ;P

     Hey, my parents took me to an art museum today. It was great. I loved looking at all the colorful pieces of art. Each painting made me feel something different. I made my parents promise to take me again this weekend. I checked online, and I found a bunch of different museums close to you. I've added the list to the email. You should definitely visit one Yoona. It's so much fun. That's all for today. Email me when you visit an art museum!

Love, 

Kyuhyun

Jessica's POV

     I read and re-read the letter multiple times. I laughed when I read the part about Kyu thinking Yoona got good grades. I had immediately thought back to how much she was scolded by her dad when he saw her report card. But I also laughed from a strange giddiness that overcame me when I realized that I had made Kyu happy by responding to him. He was happy to hear from me. However, this was all only because Kyuhyun believed my lie. I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Did I feel good about lying to him-no. But was I happy he took the time to think about me-yes. A smile unconciously came onto my face. We were both kids, but I couldn't help but feel like this was going to turn into more than that. Quickly I looked up the closest museum that I could visit with my parents. I needed to go as soon as possible. I couldn't wait to respond to him again.

 

***I know this isn't the most exciting chapter in the world, but trust me that it will be important later on in the story:) I will update again tomarrow (hopefully I can update every day of the weekend).