Chapter 2

You've Captured my Heart

colorful-computers.jpg

(August 22, 1997)

(Kyuhyun's first email to Jessica and Yoona)

Hey girls!

     Sorry it took me so long to email you. We've just been really busy moving in to our new home for the past few days. It's really different here, and it really makes me miss Korea. I had nobody to play with when I first got here, and I was really sad. But school started yesterday, and I was able to make a lot of new friends. One of my closest friends here is named Henry Lau. He's Chinese and really nice. You guys would have gotten along really well with him. Guess what else! We don't have to wear uniforms to our school. I could just wear my normal clothes. I like it much better that way.

     My parents and I have gone sight-seeing around London. It's such a big city. Big Ben is huge! That was my favorite thing to see. It's a lot cooler than what you see in the pictures. I could spend all day in the city. At night time the lights are really bright, and the whole city looks really beauiful. I hope you two can come visit me so I can show you all these amazing things. I know this really nice mall that Yoona would love to see. Anyways, I have to go. Reply back to me soon okay! 

Love,

Kyuhyun 

No POV

     After Yoona read the letter out loud to Jessica they both broke into a fit of giggles. Jesica was sitting on her big queen-sized bed while Yoona leaned back in her seat in front of the computer. Both of them were in their night pajamas as Yoona had come to sleep over at Sica's house for the night. 

     "Kyu is soooo sweet. I love how he mentioned the mall that he thought you might like," Jessica giggled. Yoona just smiled and continued to brush the hair of the little doll she had in her hands. Abruptly, she got up from her seat and started walking to the door.

     "Where are you going? Aren't you going to respond back to him?" Jessica gave Yoona a bewildered look, and Yoona rolled her eyes in exasperation. 

     "Come on. It's not like he was serious that he wanted us to email him every day." Yoona responded.

     "Umm, actually he was." Jessica said slowly.

     "Techincally you could write back to him too. It is your computer after all." Yoona told her. She was now leaning against the doorframe.

     "Oh please Yoona. You and I both know that he's waiting for your reply. He obviously had a crush on you when he was here." Jessica shifted on the bed as she said this. She went from a sitting position to laying down on her stomach.

     "So what. It's not like this was really going to work out! It would so boring to sit here and read his emails every day and respond to him regularly. I just can't do it! Besides I'm hungry," Yoona whined. She put on a pouting face as she tried to convince Sica to let her do what she wanted. However, Yoona's cuteness didn't soften Jessica.

     "Yoona! He's so kind, and you're being so mean! You have to respond to him!" Jessica continued to argue with her. Yoona rolled her eyes again and gave a big sigh.

     "No Sica. I'm not going to do it. I have other things to do. If you care about his feelings so much, you can email him from now on!" Yoona stomped away probably to get something to eat in the kitchen. Jessica exhaled a huge puff of air. Slowly, she got up and moved to stand in front of the computer. Jessica knew that Yoona didn't mean any harm. Yoona just wasn't patient and she hated to read. Not even Kyuhyun could keep Yoona in front of a computer. She would rather be playing outdoors and running around. 

     Jessica plopped down on her computer seat. She re-read the letter and considered wrtiting back to him. They were friends too right? He would't mind that it wasn't Yoona writing to him...right?

     Sica brought her fingers to the keyboard and began typing out her letter for Kyuhyun.

Hey Kyuhyunnie,

     Your letter was great to read. London really does sound like an amazing place to visit. Maybe I can convince my dad to allow me to come so you can give me a tour. It would be so exciting! I have a question though. Do you get Korean food? I know you used to love homemade Kimichi when you were still here. Does your mother still make it for you? 

     School in London sounds like fun too. I have gotten tired of the same old uniforms everyday. Also, I'm happy you've found a new friend. Just don't let him take my spot okay ;) Here at home nothing much has really changed. I did come in first in my class when the report cards from last year came out. They handed them out on the first day of school. My parents were really proud. We all miss you guys back home. It's been really boring without your evil plans to get us in trouble :D Other than that, there hasn't been much going on. Don't take too long to email me back!

Love, 

Jessica

     After looking over her letter, Jessica began wondering whether Kyuhyun would actually respond back to her. Yes, they were close friends, but he had always seemed to enjoy playing with Yoona more. Maybe it was the fact that Yoona was so much more of a free spirit compared to her. While she read and listened to everything her parents told her, Yoona ran around and did whatever she wanted to. It had always hurt Jessica to know that Kyu never noticed her feelings for him. However, she decided that she should just be happy to have such great friends like Yoona and Kyu.

      Now, as she sat there pondering she decided that if Kyuhyun did respond, his emails wouldn't last. She began to worry that he would slowly forget about their agreement to keep in touch. Afraid of rejection, Jessica changed the name at the bottom of the letter so that it now read 'Love, Yoona'.

     She hesitated before finally pressing send. 

 

***Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter too. The next two chapters will also be around their childhood, but after that you guys will get a ton of Kyusica and Kyuna:) Please continue supporting this fanfic- I promise it will get better! Don't Forget To Comment!