Group Chat Gone Abnormally Awkward

7 Paths, 1 Destination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung came out from the shower and changed into some casual, light clothes. He took his wallet and went out of the house to get some food for the picnic party that would be held today evening. He hummed a tune while he was locking the door.

"Boo!" A voice said, causing Taehyung to jump. "Haha! I got you!" The voice said again.

Taehyung sighed and turned around. As he expected, it was Jimin. But Yoongi was with him too.

"Seriously, though?", Taehyung sighed.

Jimin laughed but stopped once Yoongi glared at him.

"So, went to the special place? Was it a studio-"

"Oh my God! Did you know hyung has a studio?!? It is so huge and spacious! It's very tidy and organised! Ah, hyung is the best!" Jimin explained and hugged Yoongi.

"It's not actually my studio. It's my uncle's. I just go there when I'm out of mood. I'm not allowed to touch anything. My uncle's very strict..." The older added.

"B-But you won't be out of mood anymore because I'm here for you!" His boyfriend put up a bright smile. This time, it was convincing enough for even Yoongi to smile back.

"I'll be going now. Bye, guys!" Taehyung said as he took a step to his right, knowing that he shouldn't disturb the couple's conversation.

Yoongi asked, "Where are you going, exactly? Going to another country? Recreating the drama again?"

"N-No! No way! Never ever in my life! It was the biggest mistake I ever made! Don't bring that topic up again, it hurts..." Taehyung whined.

Jimin chuckled and patted his best friend's shoulder. "Alright, where are you going?"

"Getting some snacks and stuff for the picnic."

"Pi-Picnic? What picnic? With whom? Family event?" Jimin kept asking until Taehyung replied.

"Just check the group chat. Bye for now!" Taehyung waved and hopped like a bunny towards his bike.

"Good afternoon, hyung."

Taehyung turned to his side as he got on his bike, finding the voice quite familiar. Oh, of course. It was Jungkook. "Good afternoon, Kook!" Taehyung greeted back and smiled when the other grinned.

"Are you going somewhere?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung replied the same way he did to Jimin and Yoongi a while ago. Jungkook nodded and waved him goodbye.

'How can someone be so nice? I am sure I made him angry last night and here he is, waving and greeting me like nothing happened...' Taehyung felt someone bump into him as he was walking into the store.

"Hey! Watch where you're going, !" The tall stranger yelled.

Taehyung gulped and took a step back. He bowed and apologised. He continued searching for snacks. He walked over to the counter and while the cashier was calculating the price, Taehyung whispered, "Ma'am, could you keep my shopping aside for a few minutes?"

The woman nodded.

He took a deep breath and rolled up his sleeves, turning around as his eyes searched through the store. "Hey, you! Weren't you the one who caused a ruckus at the airport?!?" Taehyung got super angry once he identified the man’s face.

The man whistled, and a few other people joined him.

Taehyung's heartbeat stopped for a second.

"Oh, it's the crying kiddo from last time! Haha! I still remember that dorky face of yours! Oh, how's your friend? He's dead, right? Of course, he is!", one of them mocked with a smirk.

Taehyung clenched his teeth in anger and walked towards the punk, aiming for a punch, which was blocked by someone - and that someone saved the day.

"Yah, who the heck do you think you are to hurt him, mister?", the voice said firmly.

The man fell to the ground with just one punch. Then the workers at the store asked them to stop. A few minutes later, Taehyung's heartbeat continued as he finally processed everything that happened.

"A-Are you alright?" Someone asked and Taehyung lifted his head to look up at the male.

He stuttered. "I-I... T-Thank you..." He hugged the other male tightly.

"No problem, just protecting my friend." It was none other than Jungkook.

‘Friend? Did he just call me his friend? Did he finally change his mind? Phew!' Taehyung thought. "Uh, why are you here?"

"Well, my mom asked me to get some groceries and this is the store I always come to since it's not that far from home. Done with shopping?" Jungkook continued as he pushed his trolley towards the cashier to pay.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter