Protected

7 Paths, 1 Destination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 7:58 p.m. and Jungkook was making sure the kitchen was clean. He wiped off his sweat and rushed to the washroom to wash his face before his guest arrived. Once he was done, he slouched onto the couch, but the doorbell rang. He jumped towards the door and opened it up.

"Yo! Jungkook! Wow, you look cool! Oh, red shirt represents red hearts!" Taehyung began to tease the younger, and Jungkook somehow liked it, but wanted to back.

"Oh, really? Then why are you wearing a shirt that says 'Love your life and others' too? Anything to explain, mister?"

Taehyung laughed and while taking a seat on the couch, he explained, "It means to love your life and others' lives too, not love a person or something..." He blushed.

Jungkook sighed. "The old Kim Taehyung always used to tease me. That's one of the reasons why I lost him. I seriously wish he was here. We are amazing together!"

Taehyung looked anywhere but at Jungkook. "Got you something!" Taehyung began, trying to change the topic. He took out seven tickets to an amusement park. "Ta-da!"

Jungkook clapped. "Wow! Yes! I haven't been to an amusement park since forever! Why seven tickets though? Do you think I would go there seven times? Haha!" Jungkook said as he got up from the couch and began arranging the table.

Taehyung joined him too. He thought, 'Jungkook, what can I say? It's for all of us but what excuse do I give now?!?' He cleared his throat for attention and said in a monotone voice. "You can go there several times if it's fun, so I got extra tickets..."

"Well, you sound a little upset, like you're hiding something or pretending to be someone new and trying to give others space from disturbance and-" Jungkook wanted to change Taehyung's mind but failed as Taehyung simply said in a deep voice.

"I'm hungry. That's all."

A few minutes later, they were seated at the dining table, ready to eat dinner. "Whoa! Japchae! That's my favourite!" Taehyung smiled.

Jungkook showed him a frosting bag. "Got donuts for dessert!"

Taehyung widened his eyes in excitement. They were talking about their favourite foods until Jungkook said something out of the blue. "Umm, you know, I have more friends- And, of course, Tae-hyung was one of them... I was wondering if you'd like to meet them. I mean, y-you look exactly like him, sound exactly like him, it's like you're a clone!"

Taehyung swallowed the last spoon of japchae and replied, "A clone? You think I'm an alien?"

"The old Taehyungie-hyung was an alien- I mean, he wasn't! But he used to act like one! We used to call him 'Taelien'! Oh, how I wish he was here... You'd love to meet your alternate self! I mean, you're much more professional and cooler and-"

"Yeah, I-I get it. When do I get to meet them?" Taehyung wanted to casually talk with him and he also really wanted to meet his friends. It has been a day but it felt like a millennium. Soon, they were done with dinner.

"After school? I go to Seoul High School, what about you?" Jungkook wanted to know more.

"Umm, same here! Woohoo!"

Jungkook pouted secretly, feeling a little tired.

Taehyung wore his jacket and turned the door handle. "Thanks for the dinner! I'll be going now! Bye! Sleep well, Kookie!" He left Jungkook's house and gasped. 'Crap! I called him 'Kookie' and I'm not supposed to say that! ! Kim Taehyung, you're stupid and dumb! Think before you do, just like Jungkookie said before...'

He ran to his house and decided to get some sleep to calm his mind. He curled up into a ball in bed, fidgeting with his fingers, thinking about what just happened.

Jungkook was shocked. He loved it when his friends called him 'Kookie', especially Taehyung. "Yeah... Same to you..." He sighed as he left the living room and started to wash the dishes. Soon, he was in his room, in his pyjamas, sitting on the edge of his bed with his phone.

Kookie: No one chatted yesterday? Is chatted even a word?

Namjoonie: Nope, everyone was probably busy. And yes, 'chatted' IS a word. How was dinner with the love-of-your-life?

Kookie: Hyung....... *angry emoji*

Namjoonie: LOL, sorry. But really, how was it?

Kookie: It was good. Umm apparently the NEW Tae hyung goes to the same school...and he teases me...as well...

Namjoonie: Cute.

Kookie: NOT AT ALL

Hobi: Helllllllloooooooo everyoneeeeeee! Im back from Aois house. Damnnn her rooms so colourful. And turns out shes a huge anime fan. Afterall she is from Japan *heart*

Kookie: Thats good to know I guess? I knew that from quite a long time. Just dont do anything weird. DONT GO TOO FAR ON HER!

Hobi: Mhm we havent even kissed. Just hanging out and all. Brb she just texted me.

Namjoonie: When are we interviewing Tae? After school?

Kookie: Yup decided whose house yet?

Jin: MINE! IM GOING TO PREPARE ALL OF TAEHYUNGIES FAVORITE FOODS! AND IVE PRACTICED FAKE CRYING!

Namjoonie: Okay....? That settles it then? You know? We can just talk to him casually?

Kookie: That wont work. Ive tried.

Jin: Namjoon-sweetie, you left your sunglasses at my house. The one I GIFTED YOU AND ITS BROKEN!!?!?!?!

Namjoonie: Sorry...........................................................................................

Jin: I want more than just dots!

Namjoonie: You know what? Alright! I'll pay for your lunch at school, now bye, my mom's asking me to sleep.

Jin: Okay, bye! Kookie, wanna say something or can I get to sleep?

Kookie: Good Night.

Jin: Sure.

Hobi: GUYS SHE FINALLY ASKED ME OUT ON A DATE! SHE ASKED ME IF I LIKED HER! I SAID YES! SHE SAID SHE HAD FEELINGS FOR MEEE! TOMORROW WE aRE GONNA HAVE A DATE AFTER SCHOOL!

Jin: Wow, alright. Good luck, but can you postpone it to after interviewing Tae?

Hobi: Sure! She said anytime im free! So...yeah! Bye!!

Jungkook finally rested his head on the pillow, setting the alarm on his phone, placing it on the bedside table. The next morning, he woke up after two snoozes of the alarm. He rubbed his eyes, yawned and immediately rushed to the washroom after his mom called out.

"Jungkook! Hurry up! Are you awake? I'm coming!" Mrs. Jeon opened the door, only to find an empty bed. She then saw the bathroom lights , indicating that her son was in there. She picked out some clothes for her son and kept them on the bed. She then left his room.

A few minutes later, Jungkook came out of the washroom and smiled at the scene. He immediately dressed up and ran downstairs for breakfast.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter