Eunbi and Binnie

Friends...?

*dingdong*

I was on my upper bunk bed when I heard the doorbell. I was organizing the few plushies I got on my bed, since I received one from Juyeon today. 

"Coming!" Umji almost shouted within a second. Umji just started watching a Disney movie called Tangled before I went into the room (I was going to watch it with her but she's watching it with the original soundtrack and English subtitles so I gave up). I could picture her shooting up from the floor and rushing towards the door with her eyes still glued on the television.

Hmm...who would it be? Yerin-unnie and Sowon-unnie said they will be meeting friends tonight so they couldn't be so early, and Yuju-unnie just went out for a jog...ahh! Yuju-unnie must have left something...that clumsy unnie...Trying to deduce the person at the door, I heard Umji's voice again, with a tone of surprise, "Eomonim, Abeonim! It's been a long time since I last saw you! Please come in, I will go get Eunbi!"

Without needing Umji to come into the room, you could almost say that I jumped down my upper bunk and darted out of the room, straight to right in front of Eomma and Appa (don't expect us to be hugging and stuff, skinship really is not my favourite thing lol). "Eomma, Appa! Why are you here?"

"It's our little Eunbi's birthday! How can we not be here? Happy birthday my dear!" Appa answered, with a great smile on his face.

"Happy birthday, Eunbi-ya. Your manager told us that you will get a day-off for your birthday, so here we are! Your Oppa got school work, so he couldn't come." Eomma explained.

"Thank you, Eomma, Appa. You must be tired...it's such a long way from home to Seoul! It's almost the end of the week, are you staying in Seoul for the week or what?" I asked.

"Ah, we would love to stay for the week, sweetie, but then your Appa got off work early today, so he probably got to clear off his work before the weekend. We will be going back after dinner." Eomma answered.

"That's so tiring for you..." I felt touched and guilty at the same time.

"It's just once in a while! Our girl's birthday only happens once a year, there is no way we would miss it!" Appa said. My Appa was always so sweet and loving.

"Oh, then we should really get going for dinner...otherwise you would have to travel late at night...that's doesn't sound very safe. I will go get my stuff now..." I was just about to walk towards the room when Eomma remembered something. "Ah!" I turned my head towards Eomma, who's searching her handbag.

"We got your mail this morning...seems like it's from Moonbin. You might want to get it before I forget!" Eomma handed me a pale yellow envelope. 

"It's almost time he writes...it has been almost a month since his last letter! Thanks Eomma, I will leave it in my room. Oh, and Yewon, do you want to have dinner together?" I asked Umji. Eomma and Appa was nodding and smiling towards Umji, agreeing to my invition to her.

"Gwaenchanhayo...enjoy your dinner! You must have loads to talk about! I will wait for Yuju-unnie and have dinner with her." Umji declined the offer, giving a considerate answer as usual.

I quickly got ready and went out for dinner with my parents.

~

"I'm back!" I said as I stepped into the doorway, but no one was in the living room so nobody responded.

"Yewon-ah, I'm back! Where are the unnies?" I asked, seeing only Umji in the room. 

Umji was sitting cross-legged on her bed, reading a book. She wasn't aware that I was back so she looked a bit startled. "Oh! Eunbi-ya, you're back! Yuju-unnie is in the bathroom, and the unnies are not back yet. You are so early! How's your dinner? Have Eomonim and Abeonim left?"

"Dinner was fantastic! And yes, Eomma and Appa left already...we didn't want to make it too late." I answered her questions. Knowing that I got to wait for my turn to use the bathroom, I decided to read Moonbin's letter.

Seeing me pick up the letter on the desk, Umji asked curiously, "Who is Moonbin that Eomonim and you talked about?"

"Ah! Moonbin is my childhood friend. He's a trainee too. He's now training in Fantagio." I introduced Moonbin to Umji.

"I see...it's so cute for you guys to keep in touch via letters." Umji smiled.

"Well...supposedly we should be keeping in touch, but Moonbin is soooo lazy when it comes to writing...it has almost been a month since the last letter! He just won't be the one to initiate it...always waiting for me to have something to want to share with him and write to him." I pouted at the thought of the last letter.

I guess it's too difficult for Umji to comment on this, since she didn't actually know who Moonbin is, so our conversation died here, with Umji giving me a smile before returning to her book.

I spread open the pieces of paper in the envelope and read.


Dear Eunbi,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It's been quite some time since my last letter, but seeing how I carefully counted the dates and sent you a letter right on your birthday, you should forgive me! XD

You got the letter right on your birthday, didn't you? (I hope you do...) I even asked the hyungs when are domestic mails supposed to be collected and dispatched to make sure I can send this letter to you on your birthday. Got bugged by them coz of this (facepalm)...can you believe that they are trying to peek at my letter at this very moment, as I'm writing?

Anyway, I hope you had a fabulous birthday, and I hope that everything will go smoothly for you this coming year! It's a pity that we couldn't meet up for your birthday, I hope we will be able to meet up soon!

Best wishes,

Binnie

p.s. Sorry for not getting you a present, but you know mailing packages are quite troublesome...and you should treat my letter itself as a present LOL!

p.p.s. No kidding, I might treat you to lunch or sth next time we meet up (if you rmb about this and bring it up :p).


"Aish, this Binnie is so lazy, can't even send a package..." I mumbled to myself, but with a smile plastered on my face.

I hope we can meet up soon...

 

*Author's words*

An update after half a month! It's slightly warmer in this chapter, isn't it? I feel like the story is moving a bit too slow, with the dynamics being meh, but then I am a bit stubborn that I can't help but wanna make sure everything fits into the timeline nicely, with everything put in chronological order, and every piece of detail explained (facepalm). Please bear with me, and hopefully you would enjoy this chapter~