We: Moonbin and Eunbi (E-POV)

Friends...?

"Appa, eomma, I'm back!" I greeted my parents who were sitting on the sofa watching TV as I closed the door behind me.

"You haven't had lunch right? I have some food cooking on the stove for you, go and put your things in your room, and I will have your lunch ready." Eomma said as she hurried into the kitchen, like she always did when I came home from the dorm on some weekends, as if she was not concerned about what I told her earlier this week. Well, I guess they decided not to talk about it too early, so we won't be setting a gloomy mood as soon as I step into the house.

I threw my bag near the foot of my bed, went to the washroom to do a simple wash up to freshen myself a bit, and went back to the living room, pulling my hair into a low ponytail as I sat behind the dining table. Like we always do, Appa talked about interesting things he heard about at work and about some little things he made, Eomma asked whether I have been eating well and sleeping well, and she talked about some news going around the neighborhood, and I shared some fun incidents that happened at school. Everything was just fine while I was having lunch, just an ordinary and warm Saturday afternoon with my family. Except that we had a hidden agenda in our minds, avoiding the topics of training, dorm life, and members.

With some smiles and laughter, I finished my lunch, and I knew it's time for the talk when Eomma exchanged a look with Appa before she brought the dishes into the kitchen. I moved to the sofa, and Appa started, "So, how has things been going for the group?" The sound of water gushing out of the tap in the kitchen got weaker.

"Well, the company confirmed that the girl is leaving without permission and they are going to take legal actions...and another girl decided that she want to quit and she's now negotiating with the company." I answered grimly. "One more? Why?" Eomma asked, frowning slightly.

"I guess we couldn't blame her, sometimes it's just kinda hard to see where we are heading..." I mumbled under my breath, but I was sure they would understand what I was talking about.

Eomma pulled me into a hug gently and tried to console me, "Sweetie, I am sure things will get better..."

"Uri Eunbi is so talented, of course things will go well!" Appa added.

I smiled to his statement. "Yeah, I just need a couple days to settle my mind..." I pulled myself away from the hug, slightly embarrassed. After all, I was not quite the age when it's normal to cuddle in Eomma and Appa's arms and be a cry-baby.

"Oh, by the way, did I receive any letters?" I asked, suddenly remembering the letter I sent out two weeks ago.

"Hmm...I don't think so, but you might want to check your desk, just in case I made a mistake." Eomma answered after thinking for a second. "Will do." I headed to my room in strides and checked the desk. Nothing.

I went back to the living room grumbling, "That Moonbin...I am totally gonna hit him when I see him next time...it's taking him too long to reply!"

"Perhaps he didn't go home last week...maybe you should call him? He might be home today." Eomma suggested.

"Yeah, I'm going to do so." I grabbed the cordless phone in the living room and dialled Moonbin's number after I went back to my room. I stopped midway as I was dialling his number, suddenly remembering that Moonbin's cellphone was no longer with him, so I changed to dialling his home number.

"Yoboseyo~ Moonbin Eomeonim, this is Eunbi. Is Moonbin home? Oh...He will be back tomorrow instead? Ah...please tell him that I called. Thanks Eomeonim." I hung up the phone and sprawled across the bed, silently pondering my plans for the afternoon.

I definitely wouldn't be staying at home all day. The last thing I would want to do was to face Appa and Eomma's worried faces. It's not that it was not nice to share everything with them and receive their support, but then it did not seem justified to continue releasing negative emotions after they have provided me with all the support they could give. It would just add to their burden if I lock myself up in the room for the whole day, and I thought I should be mature enough to avoid that. But a simple talk just wasn't enough for me to get out of that spiral of negativity. I needed a place where I could freely release my negative emotions, without adding to my parents' worries. I desperately to find a place where I could spend ample time with me and only me. I needed a place where composure is not required, where I don't need to supress that flood of negative thoughts, where I could think things through, where I could collect myself once again so I could keep going. Perhaps I should go out now...

Having made a decision, I grabbed my keys, wallet, iPod and earphones. "Appa, Eomma, I'm going out to meet a friend, gonna be back after dinner, so don't wait for me~" I said as I left home.

There is this place near the neighborhood, where I used to go when I have things troubling me. I felt like nobody other than me matters when I spend my time there, and I could totally be myself.

It wasn't too far from home, so I took a stroll while looping to J Rabbit's Nowadays you are. And there I arrived. I found a spot where the grass seemed soft and lied down.

I stopped the music and pulled the earphones out of my ears. Inhaling the fragrance of grass and flowers and listening to the whispers of the wind and the faint songs of birds, I took a deep breath.

You are always your best company.

 

*Author's words*

Another update...actually I haven't reached the part I really wanna write but it took me quite many words to set the scene, so I decided to chop it into two chapters. Btw, the place where the photo was taken is where I imagined in this scene.

Not sure if anyone is still reading this...but I hope you would enjoy this~