We: Binnie and Eunbi

Friends...?

I needa sleep now...dance practice was really tiring today > <

Sent 23:10

Night night :)

Received 23:11

TODAY

U coming?

Sent 13:10


"Oh wait...God...I forgot!" I mumbled and slapped my head.

"What? Is Eunbi on her way?" Seonsaeng-nim stopped talking with another girl whom I forgot her name and turned to me.

"Mianhe, I forgot that Eunbi's cell phone is being kept by her company now...I left her a message at home, but since she moved to a dorm recently, Eomeonie probably hasn't had the chance to pass the message to her." I apologized.

Eunbi and I used to learn dancing at the same dancing academy, and some other classmates suggested a reunion with Seonsaeng-nim in our group chatroom. I should be the only one in the group who is still contacting Eunbi in a relatively frequent manner, and our mothers also chat with each other, so I decided to leave a message with Eomeonie. I left out the possibility that Eunbi might not receive the message in time. It is not likely that Eunbi received the message but decided not to come. If Eunbi knew about the gathering, she would have agreed to join. Eomeonie said to Eomma that Eunbi had been about not being able to contact her friends when they were on the phone (the 2G one).

I guess I should be one of the friends that she would like to contact, so she would have been here for me maybe? Oh wait...unless she has practice today at this hour...I totally forgot about this since I don't have practice today....

"Ahh~ It's OK, it's not your fault. So when is she going to debut?" Seonsaeng-nim asked.

"I don't know either..." "I see...Oh! How about you? I remember you were in the same company as Eunbi before! Are you still training now?" This time I became the target but I was kind of relieved. I didn't have much information about Eunbi too, since I wasn't able to catch up with her recently.

"Ne, I am still training, but in another company." I answered shyly.

"That's great! Are you living at a dorm, like Eunbi?" Seongsaeng-nim seemed interested.

"Not yet, but I probably will be moving into a dorm very soon..." "Speaking of living at a dorm, I..." The girl I mentioned earlier started. For the rest of the gathering I didn't join in their conversation a lot, and neither did they ask me lots of questions. I gave them a quiet impression, and that stuck with them I guess. Or maybe, like how I don't remember many of them, they might not remember who I am...

"Eomma, I'm back!" I said as I entered the doorway.

"Oh, you're back just in time!" Eomma said to me, covering the microphone part of the phone. I was dumb of the situation when Eomma said "Jam-si-man-yo" into the phone and passed the phone to me.

"Annyeong-haseyo?" I was not sure who's on the other side of the line. "Annyeong~" A familiar girl voice answered in a happy tone.

"Eunbi?" I asked, taken by surprise.

"Yep it's me! I just got home to get something for school after afternoon practice, and I just heard from Eomma about the gathering, mian~" Eunbi went on, answering all the questions that I didn't have the chance to ask.

"It's ok..." "How was the gathering?" She asked immediately.

"It's ok..." This was the only comment I could think about.

To be honest, I wouldn't have joined the gathering today if I knew that Eunbi won't be there. I was taciturn when I was younger, to such an extent that Eomma sent my case to Hello Counsellor. Thus, I didn't make much friends at the dancing academy. I knew Eunbi earlier when we were child models, and we were neighbors back in Cheongju, so it was easier for me to be friends with her. Eunbi is actually a shy person despite looking like an extrovert, but she came to me first, saying "Singihada~ We meet each other again! Daebak! Let's be friends!" when we met once again in Seoul at the dancing academy. I continued to be quiet, but she was always there.

Eunbi didn't seem to care much about the gathering anyway, "You know what? The dorm was actually better than I thought...I mean it is slightly better than the worst ones we see on twitter..."

"Really?" "Yeah...but it is a basement apartment...and you know what? I share a bedroom with three other girls...sharing and waiting for the bathroom is the worst, really..."

"Oh really...how many person do you have in your group, actually?" I heard her talk about some other girls before, but that was before their lineup was confirmed.

"Seven...the very tall idol-like unnie I talked about before, an unnie who looks 100% similar to a mochi, another unnie with the surname Kim...same as that very tall unnie, an unnie who majors in Acting at school, the unnie I met at Loen who has amazing vocals, and a girl who never trained elsewhere. We've been practicing together for quite some months already, but the lineup was just confirmed recently." Eunbi answered, giving lots of details.

"I see...so how are you getting along?" I asked.

"So far so good I guess...I can't say that they are difficult to live with..." She answered cheerfully.

"That's nice...lineup for me is kind of set too, and I think we will be moving to a dorm very soon!" I had been a bit nervous about this lately.

"Wow! Good for you for the settled lineup...oh wait! Does that mean it is going to be even harder for us to contact each other?" I could tell that Eunbi was truly excited for me from her words, and from the second part I could see that she was slightly disappointed, knowing that it would be more difficult for us to keep in touch.

"We will be able to meet up or something...don't be sad..." I tried to comfort her. "Oh!" I was slightly startled by her sudden raise of voice.

"I suddenly remember...I was planning to write you a letter. You better be expecting it and write back, ok?" She said, all excited.

"Letter? Where did you get that idea...I haven't been writing letters for ages..." I couldn't help but smile at the idea.

"Oh!" She exclaimed again and urgently said, "I got to go now...Manager-nim is here to pick me up...remember that you must write back!"

"Oh...ok...I'll look forward to your letter. Take care at the dorm and work hard in practice!" It had been quite some time since we last talked, it was a pity we didn't have much time.

"Same goes to you! Bye bye~" She said.

"Bye~" As I cut the line I could hear her shouting "Coming~", probably to Eomeonie or her manager.

I then returned the phone to the living room. "Oh you are done so quickly!" Eomma said.

"Eunbi needs to return to her dorm now." Eomma nodded in understanding.

I was about to return to my room when I remember my promise.

"Eomma, I am expecting mail. Please put it on my desk when you see it!"

 

*Author's words*

Finally done with the update at 2:28am. I recklessly started this fanfic, and I started doing a bit of a research on both groups (especially Astro, coz I don't really follow them) in order to build a timeline based on real-life events and stuff. Then I found out that Astro members don't have personal cell phones as well, like Gfriend before (seems like they still don't have them now)... This makes me struggle about how I should write this fanfic... I am wondering whether I should continue developing the story based on the real-life timeline or what... and whether I should let Moonbin have the his cell phone in this story... I don't seem to be able to fit in the piece I have in the foreword I don't know what to do OTL