Break

Haru Haru

-1 hour before the café incident-

From: Chaeyeon

Can I meet you later?

To: Chaeyeon

Ok. Where do I meet you and what time?

From: Chaeyeon

2pm at Hangang Park?

To: Chaeyeon

Ok.

Nayoung was surprised that Chaeyeon would meet her on a Sunday. Besides, she didn't have anything planned today, she decided meet her new friend. Nayoung went to Hangang Park and saw that Chaeyeon was already there waiting for her.

“Hi,” greeted Chaeyeon. Nayoung jut waved at her as a reply. 

“I know it is kind of weird but I have to tell you something.” Chaeyeon told her raven-haired friend. She knew that Kyulkyung would hate her for doing this but Chaeyeon did not want to hide her relationship with the younger. Besides, telling Nayoung would mean a step further to being closer to the younger.

Chaeyeon told Nayoung everything about her and Kyulkyung. “Kyulkyung and I are actually from the same middle school and we had a thing in the past. Neither of us confessed but our relationship surpassed more than just a senior and junior relationship. We texted each other almost every day and we usually hang around in school together. We stopped being in contact once I left to study overseas. I am here to tell you that I will be taking Kyulkyung back.”

“But it seems like you two don’t know each other.” Nayoung was in shock. She could not believe what she had heard from the other girl. There was a long pause before Nayoung's reply. 

“It was Kyulkyung who wanted to hide what happened back in middle school.” replied Chaeyeon. 

“I don’t believe you. Kyulkyung would tell me everything.” Nayoung did not want to believe it at all. She trusted the younger so much. She knew that the younger loves her and would be honest to her about everything. 

“I will proof it to you then. I will ask her out in an hour’s time. We will be at Bean and Tea café near her place.” Chaeyeon walked away after telling Nayoung about her date with Kyulkyung later.

Nayoung didn’t want to believe everything she heard just now but there were instances that led her to suspect that the two were closer than usual. For example, she saw texts from Chaeyeon on Kyulkyung’s phone, Chaeyeon would buy her strawberry food or drinks from time to time and she would see Chaeyeon and Kyulkyung talking at one of the secluded areas of the school.

-Back to the café-

Nayoung was still in the café. The thoughts of what happened just now repeated in her brain like a broken record. She was in anguish. However, she was somewhat confused by Kyulkyung’s actions of pushing Chaeyeon’s hand away and ran out of the café. She decided to leave the café since she didn’t want to think about it. She walked aimlessly and her legs brought her to Han river. She took a seat at one of the benches and her phone started to ring. She looked at the caller ID. It was Kyulkyung. She smiled bitterly at her name and even contemplated whether to pick it up. After a few seconds later, she breathed in deeply before picking up her phone.

“Hey,” Nayoung greeted the younger.

“Hi,” Nayoung could hear the younger’s voice cracked while greeting her. She felt a pang in her heart. It felt so painful to know that the younger was unhappy.

“Why did you call?” she asked.

“Hmmm… I just miss you.” The younger replied. It was evident that she had been crying.

“Are you alright?” the older girl decided to act as if everything was normal.

“Yea…” there was a few seconds of silence before the brunette replied.

“Unnie, can you come over?” The younger continued.

“Erm…” the older didn’t want to see the younger’s face after what happened. She wanted to reject the younger but didn’t have the heart to do so, she even wanted to hang up the phone call.

“Please, I really need you,” the younger couldn’t bear to hear any form of rejection from the older. She just wanted to confirm her feelings as soon as possible. She did not want to be in a state of confusion anymore, she did not want to hurt Nayoung as well since the older is too precious and innocent, she wanted to have a form of settlement with the other older girl as soon as possible.

“Alright, I will be there soon.” The raven-haired girl massaged her temples and sighed before acceding to her request. She knew that she will regret this decision of hers.

Kyulkyung was pacing around the room while waiting for the older. 5 minutes had passed soon 10 minutes had passed, 15 minutes then 20 minutes, she wanted for the older to arrive but it was taking too long since she knew that the older lived 15 minutes away from her. Kyulkyung wanted to text the older. While she was crafting her message, she heard the doorbell. She threw her phone carelessly onto her beanbag chair and took a quick look at her face to see whether she looked alright.

“Hey,” Kyulkyung greeted the older as she entered her room and she went to hold the latter’s hands. She saw that the older flinched slightly at her touch but decided to ignore it. The older replied with a slight smile. She pulled the older to her bed and both of them just sat there awkwardly. The silence around them was just deafening. It wasn’t like the comfortable silence that they shared for the past few months they had been together but a newly arised awkward silence.

“What did you do just now?” asked the older. She felt bad for asking but she had her insecurities.

“Was out with an old friend.” the younger replied honestly but decided to leave out who she met. She did not want the older to suspect anything but what she didn't know was that the older had witnessed everything. 

“Oh.” the older replied. Nayoung was glad that the younger was somewhat honest with her. She decided to forget what happened a while ago and to trust the younger.

“Hey since you miss me, let’s just cuddle for the entire day,” Nayoung smiled at the younger. That smile made Kyulkyung heaved a sigh of relief since Nayoung had been rather off since she was in her room. Kyulkyung's heart also skipped a beat. 

Kyulkyung nodded and laid on the older’s chest. She could her the beating of the latter’s heart and it calmed her down. She could also smell the green tea scent on the older just like the first time they had interacted in the school library. She was sure that she is in love with the the girl laying on her bed. She probably missed Chaeyeon and mistaken it as romantic feelings from her middle school days.

“Unnie, what did you do before coming here? You took longer than expected.” asked the younger as she drew circles on the older's chest.

“I was at the Han river a while ago. I needed to clear my head.” the older replied and played with the younger's silky hair.

“Stressed over school?” Kyulkyung looked up into the Nayoung's eyes. Her own eyes were filled with concern for the older. 

“Yea. I am fine now, having you with me right now calmed me down more.” replied Nayoung. It was not just about her relationship with the younger but the national fencing team had offered to sponsor her if she is willing to be trained as a professional fencer but in one condition, she would have to train overseas. The older wanted to bring it up to the younger and also wanted to accept the sponsorship but she did not want to leave her since they just got together not long ago.

The younger grinned at the older’s response and was touched by her words. It felt so genuine. Nayoung decided to give up on the sponsorship. On the other hand, the younger decided to test out something. A kiss with Nayoung.

Kyulkyung stared at Nayoung’s eyes and then at the older’s lips while leaning forward. Her heart palpitated but she still leaned in as though the older's pair of lips was like a strong magnet with an opposite pole, attracting her. Her right hand cupped one side of the older’s cheek when both of their noses touched. As her lips were about to touch the latter’s one, she felt the older pushed her away.

“Sorry, I don’t know what got into me.” Nayoung stood up on the ground, back facing the younger.

“Unnie, what happened?” Kyulkyung was confused. She never had been so confused in a day and decided to walk to Nayoung, turning her around, with her hands on the raven-haired girl while asking the older. She was also worried about why Nayoung pushed her away. She had always been alright with kisses though they had only kissed for less than 10 times. 

“Nothing…” Nayoung tried to look as if nothing had happened but her uneasy feeling cannot be hidden from the other girl.

“Please,” pleaded Kyulkyung. She really wanted to know why was she acting like that all of her sudden. 

“I said it was nothing! Why are you so stubborn?” Nayoung couldn't take it anymore and pushed the other girl slightly away from her. She didn't know why the scene flashed into her head when she stared at the younger's lips when they were about to kiss. 

It was the first time the younger saw the older flared up on her. To be honest, she was worried and scared of what will unravel.

“I think we should just break up. I had enough of this relationship.” Nayoung walked out of the younger's room and bid goodbye to the Chinese parents before heading back home. On the other hand, Kyulkyung's knees gave in and collapsed on the ground. Tears started to stream down her porcelain cheeks. She was devastated when Nayoung metioned the two words "break up" and did not know why would the older break up with her all of a sudden. 

It was the last time both were seen together. Nayoung would go to the library or would be with her same age cousin, Heehyun or Minkyung would occasionally join her for lunch. On the other hand, Kyulkyung had her circle of friends around her giving her the support she needed and even tried to mend their relationship but Nayoung would end up running away all the time.

-One month later-

“Yah, I didn’t know that you were serious when you said you were going overseas until my mum told me about your sports sponsorship from the national fencing team.” Heehyun scolded her younger cousin. Though they were of the same age, Heehyun had always see Nayoung as her younger as it was something about the latter that made her look vulnerable and would make anyone be concerned over her. It may be her stone cousin's personality. She was just too nice to everyone. 

“I can’t really study anyways and the only thing I am good at is fencing so why not. I don’t think I will even be able to study in this state. Besides, I get to study what I like and do what I am good at. I think it is a good investment. To think I almost gave the chance away.” replied Nayoung. She had not been showing much expression since her break up. Even her parents did not know that both of them broke up.

“Are you sure that you are not running away from your problem?” asked Heehyun. She knew her younger cousin in and out. Since Nayoung was the only child in the family so they were naturally close from birth.

“Neh, we had a proper closure so I don’t see it as running away.” Nayoug shook her head as she replied her cousin.

“To think I even had a crush on Jung Chaeyeon. Anyways, are you seriously allowing them to be together?” Heehyun wanted to laugh at herself. She found Chaeyeon really pretty and wanted to transfer to Nayoung's class. However, after what happened, she decided to stop liking the other girl. 

“I am nothing to Kyulkyung so why not let her be happy with the one she really wants to be with.” replied the stone. Heehyun just sighed at how nice her cousin was. 

Heehyun just looked at her cousin with sadness and pity and decided to help pack her luggage.

----

A/N:

Sorry for the sad chapter :'( It is an early update since I really wanted to update soon. Hope that all will be well for NaPink :'(

Toodles! Next update will be up by this friday :)

Anyways if anyone is craving for romantic comedy of NaPink, I have another fanfic which showcases NaPink short stories and so far 2 stories are romantic comedy genre. I do not update my other fanfic often as I am focusing on this one first :) Check out my other fanfic, NaPink's Daily Life ^^

XD sorry for the shameless promotion HAHAHAHA

This time I will really say "Toodles!"