Rival

Haru Haru

After dating Nayoung for 2 months, Kyulkyung thought that her high school life was smooth sailing, a happy family, a bunch of great friends and most importantly having a lovely girlfriend. Who knew that her blissful life would not last long…

-At Gimpo Airport-

“Welcome back missy,” the butler greeted her.

“Hi, it has been two years already. You still look the same uncle Kim, haven’t aged abit,” the girl greeted the butler.

“Master is at his office while Madam is at home, do you want to go back home first or visit Master at his office?” asked the butler as he opened the door of the car.

“I think I will go home first. I will give appa a text when I reach home. I am so tired, had to deal with the applications to transfer out of New York High School and pack my belongings at the dorm.” the girl yawned while complaining about what she did for the past week.

After a 30 minute ride back home, the girl was rather excited that she can lay on her bed. After greeting her mother and texting her father, she charged into her room and jumped onto her bed. Suddenly, all the past memories while she was back at her homeland came flooding back.

“Oh my gosh, I can’t believe you love strawberries as much as I do!” she chuckled while remembering how the younger pounced on her when she shared her love for the fruit.

“Unnieeeeee, where have you been. I have been looking for you around the school!” another memory from her middle school came flooding back. She remembered how that same girl would whine whenever she didn’t see her.

“Hey, don’t be sad. I will be away for a while.” She remembered how the younger cried so badly when she told the former that she had to move to the States because of her family business.

She did not want to leave South Korea where all her friends were especially when she just knew the girl in front of her at the start of the year. She felt that the world was so cruel to her where she had to leave people she loved and start all over again but was glad that she would only need to stay there for 2 years. She chuckled at how she missed the younger but did not even contact the younger after settling down at a foreign country. The younger did not even wish her during her 18th birthday. She was wondering why she thought of the younger once she reached home even though she did not really do much to maintain the friendship they had. “Oh the irony,” she muttered bitterly under her breath. She just hoped that she would see the younger in her new school or in University 2 years later. The girl soon fell asleep while remembering those memories.

-Kyulkyung’s POV-

“My form teacher just texted the class that we will have a new classmate transferred from overseas,” Nayoung told me while we were walking to school. Though unnie’s finger were intertwined with mine, however her focus was on her phone.

“Yah, is your phone more interesting than my face?” I was rather annoyed that she didn’t look at me once while we were on our way to school and I used my right hand to take away her phone from her grasp.

Unnie was rather shocked by what I did since it was her habit to check messages before class. I just couldn’t tolerate the lack of attention from my prince.

“Hey simmer down princess. Just that it is difficult to kick an old habit,” unnie replied with a sheepish grin while patting my head as a form of apology. Unnie knew that I would use banmal whenever I am mad or upset.

“I will kiss you on the lips on the streets everytime you use your phone before class,” I suggested. It may not seem like a punishment to any other couple but to innocent unnie, it would be a fitting punishment.

“Alright then,” she put away her phone and focused on me. I could see that a blush creeping on her face at my suggestion.

“Anyways, don’t you dare fall in love with the transferee in your class,” I pinched unnie’s nose.

“Don’t worry my princess. My entire being is devoted to you and only you,” unnie replied and it was my turn to blush.

While I was walking to my classroom, I saw someone familiar from afar. I don’t think it’s her… It can’t be… She can’t be back right? Many thoughts keep rushing to my head. “Oh no… she’s walking towards my direction… It’s her…” I whispered after seeing her face… “Jung Chaeyeon,” her name rolled off from my tongue.

“Hi, it has been a while, have you been missing me?” asked Chaeyeon unnie as she approached me. She was definitely glad to see him since she was smiling so brightly.

“Not really. What are you doing here?” I replied while looking at the floor. Surprisingly the floor seemed more appealing than Chaeyeon unnie’s return from USA.

“Oh really? I should be staying here for good now until if I really want to major in business in college. My dad’s business branch at the States is stabilised and he has handed the business over to the operations manager there.” Unnie pinned me onto the wall and her face started to inch closer to mine. She then let go of my left hand and used her right hand to my face. It was her habit to do that when she missed me. I tried to push her away with my left hand but I stopped resisting when she tucked my hair behind my ear.

“There, a good girl.” unnie then stopped what she was doing and patted my head and left for class.

Aish, what is she doing here and what was she doing to me? Why did my heart beat so fast… Oh no… I bet Jung Chaeyeon is back here to mess up my life again.

-Author’s POV-

Chaeyeon has been appearing in front of Kyulkyung more often than she thought. Since she just lived a 5 minutes’ walk away from the younger, she would always wait for the younger at her house furthermore their family are close. She knew that the younger has a girlfriend but it did not stop her from visiting her since she wanted the younger back. She just wanted Kyulkyung all for herself. No sharing with other people since Kyulkyung was supposedly hers to begin with. She was also confident that the younger wouldn’t bring her girlfriend to her house since she kept appearing at her place. Nothing would stop her from approaching the younger even if the latter would kick her out of her room after 15 mins. Heck, she even made friends with Nayoung to get close to the younger but was threatened by the Chinese girl to not reveal anything to her so-called “prince”. Tsk, she would just get jealous whenever the younger was so close to the stone Buddha. It was not that she didn’t like the older girl, Nayoung was really nice but she just wanted Kyulkyung to be hers. She was confident that the younger still had some feelings for her since the latter would blush whenever she .

“Yah, why did you ask me out? To think you would use Nayoung unnie to threaten me” Kyulkyung asked as she walked to Chaeyeon.

“Chill,” Chaeyeon put her arm around the younger’s shoulders but received a glare from the younger.

“We haven’t hang out for a while.” Chaeyeon winked at the younger.

“For your information, we only went out once and it was me who found you studying in school and you decided to take me to the café just because you wanted to get strawberry latte and to study there. I was only around with you for 15 minute until your friend appeared.” Kyulkyung grumbled while remembering what happened in the past.

“Hey, I am here to make amends.” Chaeyeon put 2 hands up and gave her the “I did not offend you” face.

“You could have just leave me alone. It is the best way to make amends.” Kyulkyung spat off these words bitterly

Chaeyeon couldn’t handle the younger’s aloof side shown the her and dragged the younger to the café, where they had hang out back then during their middle school days. The older even treated the girl to a slice of strawberry cake and a cup of strawberry latte. The younger was slightly touched that the older still remembered what she liked. However, she sighed internally because it was too late. Chaeyeon had her chance back then but failed to cherish it.

“You have peanut crumbs at the corner of your lips,” Chaeyeon wiped away the crumbs with her thumb. The younger felt her heart beating and saw that Chaeyeon was staring at her lips. Her gaze soon landed on the older girl’s lips as well. Soon the older of the two was already less than an inch away from her face. Her breathing hitched and she could feel moist lips on her. She wanted to push the older away but she gave in. She totally forgotten about Nayoung and was lost in the kiss.

“Kyulkyung ah, I knew that you still have some feelings for me.” Chaeyeon smiled while holding’s the younger’s hand.

“You know that I have a girlfriend right.” Kyulkyung remembered Nayoung all of a sudden and looked at her half-eaten cake. She felt ashamed of herself. She couldn’t believe that she kissed Chaeyeon. She felt that she betrayed her girlfriend.

“It’s ok, we can keep ours a secret. I like you.” Chaeyeon couldn’t care about anything. She didn’t mind about having a secret affair with the younger. She will do anything as long as both of them can be together.

Kyulkyung was so confused about her feelings and ran out of the café after pushing Chaeyeon’s hand away. Little did she know that a raven-haired girl sitting few seats behind her had witnessed everything.

Chaeyeon walked to the raven-haired girl and placed a hand on her shoulder, “see, I wasn’t lying at all when I said I was her first love.” Chaeyeon left afterwards. The raven-haired girl clenched her fist and tried to forget the kiss scene between her Kyulkyung and her rival.

----

Author's note: 

Hi there! Here is an update! Enjoy! :) I will only be able to update the next chapter by next Friday :( I have to go back to school for club activities :( I really want to update soon...