chapter five

rebirth

[6:55 PM]

This kid...what the heck is he doing to me? Dragging me around to random places all day long and then asking me to meet him later at night? I've seen those kidnapper movies, Jang Wooyoung, you better watch out, man.

Jokes aside, I really don't understand why he's being so close with me. He acts like we've been friends for years, when in reality, we literally just met. I've been told that I come off as aloof, or even grumpy, like the woman from the ice cream place said. So, why did he ask me, of all the people in that cafe, to go eat with him? I'm sure any girl in her right mind would've been happy to go eat with a good-looking guy like him, right? 

Whatever, I should call him before I find myself with a chubby-cheeked demon boy under my bed tonight. 

I pick up my cellphone and dial the number as I read it off the napkin it's written on. After three rings, he picks up.

"Ah, hello? Nichkhun, is that you?" A slightly distorted version of Wooyoung's voice came through. There was fast paced music playing  and people laughing in the background.

"Yes, it's me. I'm ready to leave now."

"Great, we're going to start in thirty minutes. I'll give you the address and directions, so get a piece of paper and a pen, okay?'

I do what he says and tell him to go on. As I'm writing all this down, I notice something.

"Yah...this is ten minutes away from my appartment!"

"Really? Then hurry!"

"Are you waiting for me?"

"Yes! Now, come quickly!"

"Aghhh, okay! Bye!"

Seriously...this guy...Making everybody wait for me, is he crazy?

And I can't believe I'm practically running down the street for this.

-

By the time I get there, I'm totally out of breath and barely have any energy left to pound on the studio's door. But someone thankfully hears me and opens the door. 

"Oh...hi!" A really tall guy with long, tied back hair answers the door. "Hello..." I say as I scan this small crowd of people for a familiar face.

Out of nowhere, Wooyoung pops right in front of me with a big smile on his face, grabs my arm and waves his other arm around like a mad man to get people's attention. "Everyone, this is my friend Nichkhun, please be nice to him~!" I didn't expect him to do that, so I'm bowing frantically to these people as they all greet me.

It's been a while since someone's proudly called me their friend like that.

Wooyoung puts his hands on my shoulders and pushes me backwards towards a wooden bench against the wall until I'm sitting on it. Then he backs away and shoots me a double thumbs up and a smile.

I look to my side and notice that there are other people who are watching as well. On my right, there are three girls sitting side by side, mindlessly chattering. Girlfriends, most likely. And on my left, the tall guy who opened the door for me was sitting several feet away from me.  He has his right elbow propped on his knee and his palm under his chin. I think he's smiling and making weird faces by himself until I notice that there's some one who's doing the same thing back to him. It's one of the dancers standing at the back of the room, close to the large mirror. As I look at said dancer closely, he looks really familiar. Is he famous or something....? 

My train of thought got wrecked when dance music suddenly started to pound into my ears and the seven guys started dancing simultaneously like robots. Perfectly in sync with eachother and the music. They clearly aren't amateurs and had probably been practicing for a long time. At the end of the actual song there's a dance break thing where all the guys could show off.  As five guys backed out to the sides the two guys who were at the ends by the end of the song double back-flip to the front and proceed to do the most impossible things I've ever seen anyone do with their body. I'm pretty sure a normal human being would have broke every bone in their body doing that...

Then those two back out and three other guys come in, one of them being the familiar looking guy, and do more impossible . and I'm just staring at them in awe. The last two guys, Wooyoung and some other guy, simply (and surprisingly) walk in and stand next to the two guys who aren't the familiar guy. Wooyoung stands next to a really tall and muscular guy with crazy cheekbones who suddenly lifts him up and around his head and catches him by the waist and leg while Wooyoung does a cool pose in his grasp. The other two guys did the same thing and the familiar guy danced behind the two pairs.

As the finale, the two muscular dudes turn around to face Mr. Familiar and get down on one knee, side by side, and hold their arms out in front of them. What the hell are they planning to do?! Meanwhile, Wooyoung and the other guy get to the back to form a line with the familiar guy, with a few metres distance between each guy.

At this point, I look at the long-haired boy. He has both his elbows on his knees and has his hands clasped together in front of his mouth and he's staring at the guys, unblinking. Is he worried about something?

They all start half-running forwards, Mr. Familiar runs straight to the kneeling guys only to jump directly over them -Now I know why ponytail guy looks worried as - as they push him up and over for him to do an aerial front flip type of thing. All at the same time, Wooyoung and what's-his-face do butterfly kicks, perfectly in sync, and all three of them land at the same second with a loud boom of the music.

" yeah!" The centerpiece of the finale yells with a huge, dazzling smile on his face and both fists in the air as he stands up. 

Everybody in the room is clapping for him, including myself even though I'm not even 100% sure what I'm clapping for. 

Then some of the guys proceed to slap his (might I say, incredible) and go drink water. Ponytail guy then walks really quickly towards him with a big, goofy smile and lifts (and I mean right off his feet) him into a bear hug.

"Junho...that was awesome!" He says really loudly. 

The boy named Junho starts laughing frantically until his eyes disappear into an eyesmile. "H-hey, put me down, Chansung!"

Whatever they said after that, I didn't hear, because Wooyoung distracted me. "Did you like it?" He beams at me.

"Yeah, it was great....You looked really cool when you did those flips and stuff." I nod at him as I stand up.

And he....giggled? Wow.

"By the way," I say, "Is that guy, uh, Junho, famous? I really feel like I've seen him before."

"Ehehehe,  you're thinking about Rain, aren't you? Junho always gets mistaken for him."

My eyes go wide. Holy crap, it's true. He totally freakin' looks like Rain. As in, Rain, the buff guy who dances around singing about his "magic stick"...Damn. 

Wooyoung just laughs at my surprised expression. "Haha, come on, it's time to go~"  He tilts his head towards the door.

"Umm, you're already done practicing?" I ask, confused, and followed him as he walked.

"You think I would make you come to watch the whole thing and bore you to death?" He says as he reaches the door. "I'm not that cruel, man! I just wanted you to see the whole thing once so you could see how cool I am." The younger one winks and holds the door open for me.

I snort. "Right."

*

When we get out of the building, he asked me which direction I'm going. When I told him, he said he would walk me home. And that's where we are now. Walking side by side to my apartment building. In total silence. Except it's a kind of comfortable silence, with the occasional car driving by and our sneakers scuffing against the cement being the only sounds heard.

Once we get there, I awkwardly point it out to Wooyoung. "Uh, thanks for walking all the way here." I smile, shyly scratching the back of my head.

"Hey, no hassle. Thanks for coming out to watch the practice." He smiles back at me. "Besides, my building is literally three away from yours." The blonde points a bit further down the street. 

"Really?" My mouth forming an "O" shape. "Well, I guess I'll see you soon then. Bye~" I wave at him.

"Yeah--Oh, w-wait!" He looks at his shoes shyly. "Um, could we exchange phone numbers? I mean, only if you want to, cause maybe I'm coming off as a bit creepy but since I guess you already have mine,  I was just wond--"

Suddenly, I burst out laughing at his rambling and he looked up at me in confusion. "Hehe, you're pretty cute. Here gimme your phone~"

Even in this dim light I could tell his face was red like a tomato. He was looking at the cement and grabbing his ear in utter embarrassment as I tapped away at his phone. 

"Here you go." I say as I hand it back to him. "Bye again~"

"Bye!" His smile was ridiculously huge this time.

I guess I could get used to him after all.

---------

HOLY CRAP GUYS I'M SO SORRY IT TOOK ME LIKE TWO MONTHS TO UPDATE??? Forgive me, my laptop broke down so I haven't had any access to a computer in forever T___T 

Okay, now I know there isn't much KhunYoung action going on, but it's coming soon okay! I'm just trying to get the ball rolling. Any way, I'll try to update when I can. Thank you very much for being patient with me and for reading, subscribing and commenting! You guys are awesome~