chapter four

rebirth

We're out of the tiny restaurant and on the streets of  Seoul. The afternoon sun is kissing our faces, making them warm up. I look at Wooyoung on my right. He's talking to me about the his first memory of being in the city, he says it was a day exactly like this. A nice day.

I remember my first day here. It was raining a lot and I didn't have an umbrella. My ride was two hours late, stuck in traffic. I was sick for two weeks after that and had the hardest time moving into my appartment. Pretty crappy.

"Omo, hyung, let's go for ice cream!" He says with bright eyes.

"What? Why?!" Does this kid never stop eating?

His only response was to grab my hand and pull me into this colourful looking place on the right. I realized that he's strangely intimate for some one I only (officially) met about an hour and a half ago. What the hell's up with him?

Any way, as soon as we got in there a pair of women in little green aprons greeted us, or rather Wooyoung, enthusiastically.

"Wooyoungie~! It's so nice to see you! Have you eaten lunch yet?" The woman with glasses and short bobbed hair screeches.

My companion laughs a bit. "Hehe, it's nice to see you too, noona. And yes, I've eaten, thank you. Have you both eaten as well?"

"Yes, we have~" The second woman with long flowing hair tells him and smiles. She must be in her early 30's, but she's really beautiful. She looks like she was a past idol singer. She then giggles to her friend about how polite Wooyoung is or something like that.

I hadn't even realized that there was a huge possibility that Wooyoung was popular with the ladies until now. 

"Nichkhun, do you like anything?" He asks me while pointing to the big menu board above the counter.

"No, I'm not really hungry." I say pretty bluntly.

"Alright... You can sit down at a table and I'll come join you in a minute, okay?"

I simply nod, head to a table against the wall and sit down. I  start drumming my fingers on the table a couple minutes later while staring at Wooyoung talking to the women. He's taking a long time getting some ice cream, isn't he?

Then, the woman with the glasses looks directly at me and says to Wooyoung, "Wooyoungie, who's your friend over there? He's awful grumpy..."

"Ah, that's Nichkhun." He replies, not even looking back at me. "Don't worry, he's very nice, he's just not feeling too well today, that's all."

How in hell does he know that?

"Oooh, well I hope to meet him on a better day, then. He's very handsome,  hihihi~" She says this while waving at me and I smile awkwardly back at her.

"Alright, thank you, noona. I'll see you later~"

He takes his cup of ice cream and walks towards me. He stares at me with a look of pure exasperation.

I wait until the women are busy with other people to speak. "Do you not like them?"

He smiles weakly at me while eating a spoonful of vanilla ice cream. "It's not like I dislike them, but they're just really exhausting to talk to, you know?"

I nod at him. I know the feeling too well.

Now he's just staring awkwardly into his cup of ice cream so I try to think of something to talk about. "So...why do you dance?"

He immdediately smiles at me. I knew he would be happy to talk about it.

"I don't know...When I dance I feel like I can forget about everything, like the only thing that matters is that moment then and there. In those split seconds when I'm in the air, I feel like I'm flying, like I'm defying the laws of gravity. I feel like I can do whatever I want. I feel..." He hesitates a bit, "...happy."

"Wow...that's so cool." I'm sitting there mesmerized by what he just. It must be nice to be so, so passionate about something like that.

He's still smiling at me. "Speaking of dancing, are you busy tonight?"

Eh? He still wants to hang out with a boring person like me? "Um, no..."

He's ecstatic. "Do you want to come watch me and the guys practice?!"

"Uhhh, alright, but how do I--" 

", , ." Wooyoung suddenly stood up and started scribbling on a napkin. "Listen, I just realized that I have to go back to work, but here's my cell phone number. Call me around seven-ish and I'll tell you how to get there and everything, okay? And don't even think about not calling me because I know...uh, I know your name!" And with that he was out of the shop.

 

--

oh my god, I'm so sorry that this is late?!? I had it ready a couple days after I last updated but AFF totally crashed on me and I haven't even been able to connect  to it properly until yesterday............

any way, I'm also sorry that this is starting off really boring but I promise things are going to pick up soon between our two little cuties~~

I'll probably have the next one up either when I get back from school or tomorrow, at the latest. There's going to be a teeny tiny bit of another pairing in it hehe...who do you think it'll be? kekeke leave some comments~

Aaaand as always, thank you everyone so, so, so much for your wonderful comments and for subscribing. I really appreciate it a lot... Love you guys xx