chapter three

rebirth

"Nichkhun?" He raises an eyebrow. "I've never heard a name like that. Where are you from?"

"Thailand." I tell him.

We're walking away from the café, side by side, in the weird alley. He's really talkative, but it's not annoying because his voice is strangely soft.

"Wow, really? But, you're so pale!"

"That's because my mother is Chinese."

"Ahhh,  that's so cool~"

All he does is ask me about my life, but it's better for me that way. I'm really horrible at coming up with conversation topics, so I answer all his weird questions.

This Wooyoung, he's so strange. He's got died blonde hair, a New York Yankees cap with the bill facing backwards, his coat almost completely ped...like a bad-boy. Except, he's not like that at all. His laugh is quiet and calm, not menacing. When he has a serious expression, he has an intelligent face, but when he smiles, his cheeks become unbelievably...squishy. He's pretty tall too, I'm guessing he's an inch or two shorter than me, making him about 5"10. I wonder if people misjudge him often.

"Do you like samgyeopsal?" Wooyoung stops walking and asks me suddenly.

I nod. "Yeah, I love it..." 

"You want to...?" He points to a little staircase going down into a building at a corner. There's a sign right above the stairs with the name of a restaurant on it. I nod again.

When we step down into the restaurant, the smell of food being cooked and the sound of murmuring surrounds us. The place is really homey and warm. We're seated at the corner of the room and both sit on red cushions on the floor on either side of the big table.

"How do you even know about this place? It's pretty much a hole in the wall." I ask my new friend.

"Ah, one of the guys at the studio works here and we come here sometimes after practice. Well, he's not working today."

"You're a singer?" Maybe he's a rapper, considering the way he dressed when we were outside. 

"No, no. no." He laughs."I'm a dancer." 

Interesting. I guess that's why he never stops moving and fidgeting. Somehow, I feel like he's not a salsa dancer, even if I pictured that when he said it. Awkward...

When our food comes we're both quiet and start cooking it on the grill. I notice he ordered a soft drink instead of beer. I don't know much about things like this, but I do know that you should always have beer with your samgyeopsal...unless you're under twenty-one years old. Ah, I see how it is.

I decide to try and break this awkward silence for a bit.  "So, uh, Wooyoung, I didn't get to ask you...how old are you?"

He chuckles, looking down at his hand that's wrapped around his glass. He obviously knows why I'm asking. "I'm twenty."

Only one year younger than me? He certainly doesn't look it. Well, looks can be deceiving. Then, Wooyoung thankfully thought of more things to talk about. Something about American rap music. I'm not  really paying attention though. I'm too fixated on trying to figure this kid out. When he's not speaking, he always looks like he's thinking deeply about something. He doesn't seem like a really complicated guy when you speak to him, so it's strange to realize that he's not as simple-minded as you think. He could just be worried about something like any normal person, but it looks different this time. I can't quite catch what it is though. Maybe one day, I'll know.

--

Aghhh, sorry for such a short chapter after such a long time. I had to rewrite it all because for some reason it got erased the first time I wrote it and I got really upset and didn't feel like writing anymore. I'll update again tomorrow/today for sure! kekekeke

Okay, so here Nichkhun and Wooyoung's stories are exactly the same, except they didn't become idols. If you're ever wondering why Woo knows things about Nichkhun, just think that while they were talking, Khun told Woo some of his backstory, so he knows he's from USA and everything okay. Also, I'm trying to incorporate the fact that Wooyoung was kind of serious before he became famous (He mentions it on Haha Mong Show) into his personality. I'm just kinda mixing his bubbly idol personality with his old one and it's proving to be quite hard waahh T~T. And after re-reading this, I realized how extremely observant I write Nichkhun as LOL....

Any way,  thank you everyone so much for reading, commenting and subscribing~! You guys are my motivation!