Chapter 11

Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo rushed into the office. She pushed back the urge to curse as she walked out of the elevator, her hair and clothes slightly drenched and her brain in disarray. She hadn't been able to get any rest all weekend. Even when she had tried to close her eyes and forced herself to dream, Sehun's face hovered. Now, on a rainy Monday morning, she was thirty minutes late, and because of the sudden downpour, she had to run from the roofless parking lot to the building entrance, which was a good two-minute distance away.

"Hey Jisoo," her co-workers greeted while sending her amused smirks.

She could only muster up an odd sound of disdain as she trudged to her desk. Just as she put down her bag, she jumped a little at the sight of Sehun, looking at her with his usual sardonic smile. Before he was about to say a word, she put a hand up.

"This is your fault. You're taking complete responsibility for my being late," she declared, then began to rummage through her drawers for a spare towel or handkerchief or something.

"What did I do?" He walked to her with a handkerchief on hand. "Geez, you weirdo. Did you run all the way from your house?"

"No-" He wiped her face with one , interrupting her words. Then he began dabbing at her shoulders and hair. Her cheeks already burning, Jisoo felt her heart tripping like a schoolgirl. "W-what are you doing?"

"You're wet," he said calmly, then as he planted the handkerchief on top of her head, he grinned down at her. "So you couldn't get any sleep last night? Is that why you're saying it's my fault?"

Mortification shot through her. "Yes," she said evenly as she pushed him forcefully away while holding onto his handkerchief tightly.

Sharing her personal space with him in public was very unfamiliar and too uncomfortable. But in the midst of her humiliation, she hoped he understood why she was acting this way. As indescribably happy as it made her to have him take care of her like that, she wished her heart would settle down enough for her to gather her thoughts and respond with clarity. But no matter what she did, she still couldn't think straight when he was around.

Sehun kept studying her with mild enjoyment. He backed off a little and slid his hands into his pockets.

She warily watched him in return, then said, "I'm…not used to this yet." She then opened up the handkerchief and saw how drenched it had become. Jisoo mumbled, "Thank you. As irritated as I was about not getting any sleep, I'm…" She looked up hesitantly. "I…" The words were there, right at the end of her tongue. With an inward sigh, she let it out. "I'm happy. To…see you."

At the confession, Sehun felt his own face redden. Unable to react properly, he said a little too curtly, "Why do you say those kinds of things then expect me to back off so easily?" He then closed the distance between them and said, "I really couldn't care less how embarrassed you are right now." He then planted a kiss on the top of her wet hair, having no care for the rest of the world. "If you don't want me in your personal space like this, don't say those things to me." With that, he stepped away and went back to his cubicle without another word or glance.

Jisoo remained still. She could feel the ends of her hair still dripping. Even her clothes felt heavy and gross. And yet, there was that little spot on the top of her head that felt so warm. Her heart melted just a little. Despite how awful the day had begun, it was starting to turn out nicely after all. I'm glad I was late today, she thought with a foolish smile on her face.

When lunch break came around, it was the first time since she'd arrived that both of them had a chance to finally talk. Times were getting busy and work was piling up, and it became a little more difficult to find time here and there just to socialize with anyone. Jisoo pushed off from her desk, in a better mood now after that wet morning. Sehun spun her chair around until their eyes met.

"You going out for lunch with Irene noona today?" He asked, sitting back casually against the edge of her desk as he was so accustomed to doing.

She shrugged her shoulders while admiring him. This was the first day they were officially a couple and it was a little more than she could take in. It still surprised her how things could turn out this way, but her feelings had grown and changed in the course of this period without choice. Staring up at him now, she felt completely and utterly attracted.

He poked her forehead. "Why do you keep staring at me like I have two heads?"

Jisoo smiled. "I'm just admiring your face. It took me a while to notice, but you're really attractive, Sehun."

"Jisoo…" he began, knowing his weaknesses and already having a hard time stopping himself. It was that much harder when she goaded him on like this.

"Sorry," she laughed and began protesting when he pulled her up on her feet and started pulling her close to him. She straightened out her arms and stuck her hands on his chest. "Stop it," she insisted though unable to force back her laughter when he looked so beaten up about it. When he finally gave in and let her move away, she asked, "Did you want to eat lunch together?"

He sent her an exasperated look. "You're really slow."

"Well, I don't know!" She snapped back. "This is the first day out that… we're… you know!"

"We're what? I'm really curious to hear you describe what it is that we are."

"Why do you like tormenting me so much? Will this never stop?"

He shook his head in response. "Now come on. I really will kiss you in front of everybody here if you don't finish that sentence."

Paling at the idea, she quickly said, "Dating. We're dating…right?"

Sehun laughed. When she sent him a deadly look, he sobered a little. "I thought you'd say, 'this is the first day we're a couple.' Dating sounds too casual." Unable to stop himself, he got up and moved close enough that he could almost kiss her cheek, but she shifted away quickly. "Why are you so shy about this?"

"Because! You never used to…to even touch me and now you just want to kiss me whenever you can," she replied indignantly, feeling a flutter of pleasure in her stomach.

"I am a man, you know," he reminded lightly. "Just because I never touched you before doesn't mean I didn't want to." With that, he took her hand and pulled her along with him. "You up for Greek? I'm craving it badly."

Giving up, Jisoo tried to match her walking pace to his as her hand curled in his. When they were out of the elevator, she asked, "are we taking your car?"

"Yeah. Starting tomorrow we're carpooling. I'll pick you up from your house."

"What? But you get off at 7."

"Yeah I thought about it. I guess I don't need to do overtime anymore. When I plan to stay late, I'll tell you beforehand," he said as they walked into the parking lot. It was a good thing the rain had momentarily stopped, as neither of them thought to bring an umbrella that day. "Besides, this is the prime opportunity to improve your culinary skills, Jisoo. I get excessively hungry after work."

Jisoo opened the car door on the passenger's side then put on her seatbelt. "You really want to see me at my worst."

"I liked the food you cooked for me before," he argued as he changed the gear to Drive. "But it's your turn to suffer."

She slapped his arm strong enough to make a loud sound. "Is this how you treat the women you date?"

"No. Only you."

Jisoo secretly stole a glance as he drove out of the parking lot. A warm feeling coursed through her. She held her hands together as she bit back the urge to reach over and touch his hair. The fact that they were together now felt so undeniably strange yet familiar at the same time.

What it felt like to be his…she couldn't explain. But for the moment, it was pure bliss.

::::::::::

Jisoo wiped her eyes with her sleeve as she cut the onions into long, thin slices. While enduring the stinging pain at the backs of her eyes, she muttered a curse under her breath. Why she was stuck with making dinner for them on this wonderfully warm and dry Friday night, she didn't know. They'd argued about it for a while; she wanted to go out for dinner, willing to pay for it all too, but he refused several times and demanded, not requested, that she cook him dinner. It had come down to a rock-paper-scissors contest, one in which she'd lost. And now, she was standing in her kitchen, hair in a messy bun, making two new dishes for the very first time, while he, her lazy boyfriend of two and a half weeks, was watching her from the dining table.

"Don't cry," Sehun spoke up. "You lost, fair and square."

Without looking at him, she called out, "Why are you so persistent about making me cook? I don't even like the food I make, so how can you?"

"There's something gratifying about having someone put a lot of effort to cook for you." He got on his feet and walked around the counter to stand right behind her. "Besides…you look really good in the kitchen."

Her heart tripped. "Sehun, move back," she warned.

"No." He s his arms around her waist and bent down. Before she could elbow his stomach, he planted a small kiss on the nape of her neck. He'd been staring at that spot for over half an hour and finally couldn't resist.

She sighed quietly. It was getting harder to push him away, especially now that she found herself always looking for him too. When he glanced over her shoulder at the array of vegetables she'd cut up, he reached over and grabbed a piece of carrot from the pile.

He moved around her and leaned the side of his body against the counter. "Why are you sniffling?" He asked with a chuckle.

She frowned. "The onions. I'm sensitive."

"Poor baby." He wiped the trace on her right cheek.

Jisoo moved the onions onto a small bowl then pushed Sehun slightly out of the way to grab hold of the thawing chicken. "What do I get in return?"

"For cooking me dinner?" He pretended to think for a moment. "I guess I could do whatever you want to do tomorrow."

She smiled at that, her eyes brightening. "Really?"

"But be sensible. You don't want me around when I'm irritated and impatient," Sehun said quickly to cover his bases. As much as he wanted to make her happy, there were limits in what he was willing to do in order to make that happen.

"I want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter