Chapter 9

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the first day that SinB would work together with Yerin. Even though she was excited to go to the company and see Yerin, she first made a quick stop at her usual spot, at the cafe on the corner.

As she pushed the door open with one hand, other hand in her pocket since it was cold outside and she didn’t want her hands to dry out, she saw the girl she looked forward seeing standing at the counter.


“Goodmorning, SinB-sshi!” Yerin said with a blush on her cheeks as she suddenly saw SinB walking towards her.

SinB, who had her face almost buried in her scarf, nodded at her as a greeting.

 

“Well look who we have there.” Umji said, putting two cups of coffee on the counter, nudging Yerin’s arm to make her say the thing she had rehearsed saying.


“SinB, would you like to walk together to the company?” She said as she gave the cup of coffee to SinB, who was doing a little dance to warm up, making Yerin chuckle.

“Goodluck.” Umji whispered as the two of them walked towards the door where Yuju was standing with her thumbs up smiling at them, both holding their warm coffee.

Not that SinB or Yerin realized that goodluck was meant for the both of them though.

 

Even though SinB and Yerin were walking to the company together neither of them said anything because they didn’t have the courage.


SinB was the first one to break the silence after a while.

“I didn’t know you knew Umji?” She said with a muffled voice, face still buried in her scarf, which Yerin found adorable by the way.


“Umji? Yeah, we became friends at the cafe some time ago.”


“Some time ago.. Wait, how long have you actually been going to that cafe?”


“..About a year or something?”


“A year?!” SinB facepalmed, making Yerin laugh as she realized what SinB was thinking.


“Don’t worry, I’ve always been the quiet type so it’s normal.


“Aishh. Anyways, I’m glad that you decided to join the company. Well, I mean, the company’s lucky, I mean glad to have you, you know.” Good job SinB.

The two of them both shuddered as they suddenly felt a cold breeze, but SinB was wearing a thick jacket and Yerin was just wearing a one piece and a thin vest.
“Aren’t you cold like that?” SinB asked.


“It’s okay, it’s my own fault for not wearing something warmer.” Yerin said smiling, but SinB saw her shivering pale hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter