Chapter 12

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin's house..

Definitely wasn't what SinB had expected. She somehow thought she'd live in a cute house that looked like it came straight out of a fairytale, which she knew was pretty unrealistic, but this definitely exceeded her expectations.

Yerin lived in one of the many luxurious skyscrapers, on floor 54. As they arrived in front of the building SinB just stood there, gaping at the tall building in front of her, trying to see if she could see the end of the skyscraper from where she was standing. Since it was kind of foggy she wasn't able to see it, making her gulp as she wondered how high it must be.

 

"Are you afraid of heights?" Yerin worriedly said, making SinB shake her head, averting her gaze from the building to Yerin who was waiting at the entrance for her. The elevator that was located near the windows was made out of glass, making them able to see how they slowly got higher and higher, the buildings slowly getting smaller the higher they got.

Yerin smiled as she saw SinB's look, who was focused at the scenery outside. Once they reached the fifty-fourth floor, she opened the door with her key card, a soft click being heard as the door unlocked, making her able to push the door open. SinB slowly walked inside, looking at Yerin's apartment, which was huge.

Huge as in probably four times the size of SinB's apartment, which wasn't small either.

As she noticed the long windows that replaced the wall on her left side her eyes widened. Sure, the elevator was already pretty cool and gave a nice scenery, but this was breathtaking.

She went towards the windows, looking at the city that was surrounding them, still looking busy at this hour. The dark sky gave the buildings a blue tint, the fog making some smaller houses or buildings almost invisible from up here. Her eyes wandered over each building, hundreds of lights from windows and traffic lights looking like colored stars, this time not in the sky but on the ground, red and white lights from cars forming figures as they drove over the highways and the streets.

Everything was so far away, but it looked like if she reached out she'd be able to touch it. The sky, the stars that were now at the ground instead of in the sky. As she placed her hand on the cold window she noticed that Yerin was standing beside her, silently looking outside.

 

"I like it. This view." She softly said. "When I can't sleep, I always come here, to just look at everything that's going on outside. Everything looks so silent from here, behind these windows, like a mute movie. A moving artwork. But down there.. Chaos. It's weird how things can look so different from a different angle, from afar or from close-up."

Yerin's soft voice send shivers down her spine, making her realize that she was here with Yerin, at her apartment, looking at the nightscape of Seoul together. Her words reminded of SinB how she only was able to look at Yerin from afar before, but that she was given the chance to talk to her. To be close to her, even if it was just at their work. Yerin had always looked beautiful, from afar and from close-up. But if SinB had to choose..

It'd definitely be the latter. Being able to talk with her, to be with her.. Even if they only properly met not too long ago, Yerin had already become an important part of her life, like she had always been there.

 

Yerin had seen this same scenery so many times, but with SinB here standing next to her.. It was definitely different. She suddenly noticed so many things she never noticed before, making it feel like this was the first time she had ever seen this. 

Whenever she couldn't sleep because she felt lonely, she'd take her pillow and sheet with her, and put it down in front of the windows. She'd look outside, slowly feeling her eyelids getting heavier, the busy nightlife of the people outside like a lullaby, softly lulling her to sleep. Yerin had never really liked this apartment, actually. She was grateful for being able to live here, ofcourse, but she wondered if things would be different if her mom wasnt so focussed on her job and focussed on earning a lot of money, if they didn't live in a place like this. Maybe she wouldn't feel lonely like that, since her mom would be home more often, sitting at the table when she woke up or saying goodnight when she went to sleep. When she'd come home after a long day, get greeted by someone instead of finding the place all empty, lights out, complete silence.

But she hadn't felt lonely in quite some time even though her mom stayed at work later these days. Not since she met SinB. She looked forward to going to the company and seeing SinB again, even thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter