Chapter 15 - FINAL

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was probably the thirteenth time the doorbell chimed, accompanied by knocks on the door that grew more impatient every time and the buzzing sound of a phone from tons of incoming messages and calls.

 

 

In the drunk-stories her friends always told they barely remembered anything they did when being drunk, just vague images, loud noise and distorted flashbacks the day after. SinB, however, could recall everything that happened. What song was playing at the time, how she felt herself slowly lose control over her body and ..herself, the way Yerin looked at her. Her face as she quickly managed to get hold of her before she completely hit the floor, worriedly calling for help as SinB’s vision failed her more and more until the only thing she was able to hear was Yerin’s voice and nothing else.

 

How she wished she’d forget, but didn’t.

 

 

It’s not that she regretted what she did, but how. While reeking of alcohol, in such a disheveled state. How sloppily it was and how out of it SinB herself was, and how totally undeserving Yerin was of how half-assed it was. SinB wanted it to be something special, something Yerin could think back on and smile about. If she could she’d do it all over again. Explaining everything nicely and slowly, telling her how much she actually likes her and how long she has, saying everything she’s always wanted to say without keeping anything from her.

That scenario would’ve sure went down a lot better than how it actually did, passing out afterwards only to find yourself wake up in an empty apartment.

 

 

SinB knew this wasn’t fully her fault as she didn’t intend to get drunk in the first place, but it did happen, and yes, she did blame herself for it. How was she even supposed to face Yerin after all this? She groaned in utter embarrassment, dropping her head on the table with a louder bang than intended so that the groan now turned into one of pain. Her hangover had been going on forever, making her head hurt every time she even just moved it a bit, even just the orange tint that filled the room from the sunlight peeking through the curtains was enough to make her narrow her eyes.

 

As she was unwillingly repeating the whole scene again in her mind for the nth time she heard the door suddenly rattle and then unlock, making her quickly sit up straight to look at the intruder. SinB winced once again as her head hurt like hell again thanks to this action, and to make it even worse, the lights suddenly got switched on not only blinding her but almost making her pass out again.

 

 

“Wow. You’re.. a mess.”

 

“Hello to you too Eunha."

 

“Hello? Seriously? You disappear for a whole week without even bothering to do as much as answering your calls or messages even once, not letting anyone of your OWN company know what in the world you are doing or where you are?? Do you even know how much you’ve made everyone worry!?”

 

SinB guiltily looked away as tears stung the corners of her eyes, on the verge of coming out before Eunha ran over to her to hug her, saying sorry to her over and over. She just let it all out at that point, clasping onto Eunha’s shirt as she threw everything out and explained the whole situation through sobs and tears. Eunha just silently held her, letting her know she is and always will be there for her without any words needed.

Several minutes passed and Eunha softly let go, having SinB sit back on the couch with some tissues to dry her tears as she herself stood up and put on the tv for her to watch.

 

“..Kiddy cartoons?” SinB laughed through a sob.

“It’s not for kids! It’s wholesome and you need something like that right now, I’ll make some food for us in the meantime.” Eunha said as she went off to the kitchen, collecting the countless containers of cup noodles that were standing around while leaving SinB behind to watch We Bare Bears in the other room.

 

 

Eunha also blamed herself for not coming here sooner, but after days of contemplating whether this situation was something SinB had to fix herself after mentally healing for a few days or where she’d need some help she was glad she eventually did come. SinB has always been the type to play things off and act all mature, but in the end things like this don’t come down to what age you are or how mature you are. What she needed right now was someone to pull her through this whole thing, to give her a little, or big, push in the back into the right direction. And Eunha would gladly take that role, always. No matter how many times they’d fight or have disagreements, or how annoying one of them could be to the other, they were some of the closest friends you could have and Eunha loved SinB no matter what.

 

 

“Hey, there wasn’t much in the kitchen so I made us spaghetti!”

 

“I like spaghetti, thanks.”

Eunha smiled at her as she started to eat, glad that she didn’t develop some kind of eating disorder though those cup noodles were probably the only thing she had eaten the whole time. With the tv playing in the background they comfortably sat and ate, the small tension at the start completely gone.

 

 

 “Hey uh.” SinB started, “I’ve been thinking about this whole thing and..

Eunha, I think I like Yerin.”

 

“Yeah?  I know.”

 

“But as in, like like. Like in.. I love her. Not just the Hwang Eunbi kind of like that goes over after a while.”

 

“Again, yeah I know.” Eunha said as she continued to eat.

 

“..You do?”

 

“I knew from the start. It was really obvious, to us at least. I think you were the only one that didn’t realize it honestly.”

 

“Wait, I fell in love with her from the start? And it’s not that I didn’t know.. It’s more like, I just never thought about putting it into words, I guess.”

 

“That’s something only you would know right? But yeah, when you came to my office you already looked pretty in love with her.” This earned a loud groan from SinB to Eunha’s amusement.

 

“Ugh. I’ve been beating myself up over this for the past few days so much? I thought this would go over, that I’d just stay away for a while and.. let it pass, you know. It’s ..kind of gotten out of hand though.”

 

“Avoiding it won’t get you anywhere, it might even get worse. Trust me, I’m speaking from experience.”

 

..SinB, come back to the company?” Eunha pleadingly said, “We miss you, Yerin does too.”

 

“..I can’t after what happened, not yet.”

 

“SinB, honey, you’re overreacting, it wasn’t even that bad, and it wasn’t even your fault! You just got drunk and no one blames you for that, pretty much everyone was. And if you feel that bad about it, just make it up to her? I bet she’s worried sick about you right now and would much rather see you than having you sit here being all depressed about it and beat yourself up about it.”

 

“But what if she’s the one that starts avoiding me? ..What if I lose our friendship?”

 

“You’re the one that’s avoiding her right now. And about that friendship.. Are you sure that it’s even just “friendship” in the first place?“

 

“..”

 

“Just talk to her. You’ll see what happens. And if it does end up in a bad way, I’ll treat you to some high-class dinner, though it won’t. If it ends up in a good way, which it will, you’ll have to treat me to dinner though for being such a good friend and finally getting you two together after ages of seeing you two be all fidgety around each other.”

 

“How can you be so sure that it will end up in a good way?”

 

“SinB, you.. You’re so dense, seriously. Where did t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter