Chapter 13

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin hurried over to the cafe, being much later than usual since she accidentally overslept. Work had been tiring her out this entire week, so when she heard her alarm go off she put it on snooze and turned around to go back to sleep. Wrong choice.

Luckily she wasn't that much later, but there was barely any time left this time, so once she arrived at the cafe she was heavily panting, her cheeks warm and slightly pink. Seeing the cafe helped her relax again, the lights that came from the inside creating little artworks on the floor, the smell of coffee already inviting her in.

 

Maybe it would have been better to just go straight to the company instead of stopping at the cafe, but the cafe really made her feel at peace plus, she really needed some coffee or she'd fall asleep at the company. 

It wasn't that much later that she regretted not going straight to the company though.

SinB was already sitting at a table near the window, a lavender flower in a small blue vase in the middle of the table in front of her, and next to her was Dahyun. With an arm around her waist, and talking about personal space, instead of sitting next to each other it was more like she was sitting on her.

 

Yerin softly sighed, turned around to order the usual without making eyecontact with SinB and waited for Umji to finish making her coffee, who continuesly sneaked a glance at Yerin and SinB with a doubtful look. Yerin didn't care much though, she had her eyes closed while patiently waiting for her coffee to be ready, her fingers sliding over the wooden counter to occupy herself with something.

It's not like it wasn't okay for anyone to be close to SinB anyways. Or that's what she told herself at least, since her heart told her otherwise.

And even though she didn't really have the right to feel like that.. She just did.

 

"I'll be going first."

SinB looked up as she heard Yerin's soft voice, who already was going to the exit of the cafe with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Yerin? Wait, I'm coming too-" She said, quickly grabbing her jacket and handbag, only to see that Yerin had already left the cafe.

 

Dahyun and SinB arrived at the company a bit later than usual, since SinB had been waiting for Yerin who arrived at the cafe late, and who eventually abandoned her without knowing what she had done. Maybe she just had a morning mood or something.

 

In the end she didn't see Yerin for the rest of the morning, which was normal since the both of them were busy and had a lot of work to do, but it still didn't sit right with her.

The hours passed by quickly, the red morning sky turning into a light blue sky filled with white clouds with golden borders. As soon as the clock hit twelve SinB stood up, not because she was that hungry but because she wanted to talk to Yerin about why she left without her, hurrying over to Eunha's office.

As she swung the door open, causing the door to hit the wall with a loud bang that made Eunha jump up, she scanned every person in the room only to find out that the person she was looking for wasn't here yet.

 

"Yerin isn't here, if that's what you want to ask." Eunha said with her hand on her chest, still recovering from the heartattack she almost had a moment ago.

"Where is she?"

"She told me she needs to catch up on some work and that we could eat without her."

 

SinB sat herself down on the couch with a heavy sigh.

"..She also said that yesterday.."

"And two days ago", Sowon mumbled with full, but still loud enough to receive an even heavier sigh from SinB.

 

The door went open again, this time without the loud bang, followed by another sigh from SinB as she saw that it was Dahyun. She didn't sigh because of who it was, more like because of who it wasn't.

 

"I brought you food and I receive a sigh in return?" Dahyun joked, throwing packet sandwiches at SinB before setting herself down on the couch next to SinB, where Yerin usually sits.

"It's not that,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter