Chapter 3

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB hastily walked towards the cafe near her company. She worked until late and barely got any sleep, no coffee would be the death of her.

As she came closer to the cafe she already smelled the aroma of fresh brewed coffee, a fragrance that she already had become familiar with since a while ago.

 

The cafe was owned by two of her friends, Umji and Yuju. SinB had met them at the school she went to before going to the Sasada fashion school, but as she transferred they lost contact. When they later met again at this cafe they immediately picked their friendship right up, the click they had before was still there, making it seem like the fact that they didn't see each other for more than five years didn't exist.

Through several coffees and hot chocolate milk meetings at the cafe during their short breaks they soon became updated on each other, learning that SinB followed her dream to become a fashion designer and was the CEO of a popular brand, Guardian Angel, and that Umji and Yuju have been going out now for a few years, how they decided to build this cafe together,..

 

Except for the fact that this cafe was owned by her friends, it was SinB's favorite cafe due to a lot of other things. The first time she noticed the existence of this place was when she was running late, and had to take another route to go to the company to get there faster. The route ended up being way shorter, making her wonder why she never took this one before, but she also started taking this route more ever since she saw that little cafe on the corner of the street while passing by.

SinB would usually take her car to the company, but she'd go by foot a lot more afterwards so she could make a quick stop there before starting another day of work.

The cafe had a round dark green sign placed above the large windows, finished with a golden border, making the golden letters that formed the word "Morning Dew Cafe & Coffeehouse" look extra elegant, which fits perfectly with the rest of the cafe. The place was only open in the morning, and closed as soon as the clock striked twelve, explaining where the name comes from.

 

As soon as you entered the cafe you were welcomed by a sight of thousands of old books placed on multiple wooden shelves against the walls, giving the cafe a vellichor** atmosphere. The shelves looked in fact so full that it seemed like they could break down any minute, books being placed horizontally on top of the standing books just to make them fit somewhere, not leaving a single spot empty.

The books were free for every customer to read, giving them the choice to sit in the brown leather sofas where little round tables stood with lamps on them that projected a nice warm color around them, or at the black metal chairs that each round table had, with flowers on top of them. SinB had never seen the same flower standing on a table for more than one day. It changed to another type of flower every day, making her wonder what flower it would be tomorrow and the day after that.

There wasn't much need of extra light since the cafe was only open in the morning, giving enough sunlight for the whole place to be illuminate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter