Chapter 11

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait, so Yerin is the Duck Girl?” Eunha said, Sowon sitting on her lap.

“Aish, could you stop calling her that? But yeah, she is.”

“This is such a cliché, SinB finds her first love again after being apart for so many years, how romantic.” Eunha gave a wink, making SinB cringe and scrunch her face up.

“But how do you know that it’s her for real? It could be someone else right?”

“It wasn’t love, we were just friends that met at the park. I liked her but I don’t think it was anything more than that? I'm sure it's her, I saw the picture on my phone, and she looks exactly the same. The only thing that changed is that her hair used to be brown and now it’s blonde.”

“What if she’s a natural blonde though?”

“Eunha, we’re in Korea. Pretty much no one is a natural blonde here.” 

“She has a point.” Sowon said, nodding at SinB.

“Okay, but.. Are you going to tell her?”

 

“..I’m not.”


“What?!” Eunha and Sowon both suddenly said, a little bit too loud, looking confusedly at SinB.

“SinB, I’m confused, why not? You remember such a special moment but you’re just going to keep it to yourself instead of telling her?”

“I feel like.. If she knows and well, ends up liking me, it was kind of affected by that fact? That we already met before?  But if I don’t tell her, everything would happen naturally, you know? Plus, it happened a long time ago, we were just two kids that met up at the park to feed ducks and talk about some designs.”

“..SinB, isn’t she like pretty much the whole reason that you decided on becoming a fashion designer? Stop saying it like it’s not that important when it is. And yeah, I understand what you mean but it’s still a special way of thinking though.”

“What can I say, I’ve always been special right?” SinB said with a wink, making Eunha roll her eyes.

 

“Anyways, we received an invitation from WT-Company to go to their fashion show. I’m too busy though, so is it okay if you go without me?”

“Alone?”

“I thought it might be best if you and Yerin would go. In that case, when photos get taken of the two of you attending the fashion show, the Angel Line would get more recognition since she’s the new face. I noticed that you recently have some trouble with making new designs, so I thought it might be nice for you to go to get some inspiration?”

Eunha knew that if she’d say that SinB could take one other person with her she’d have chosen Yerin anyway. What she didn’t know is that SinB’s lack of making new designs was thanks to SinB only being able to think about her though.


“Okay, when is it though?”

“This evening.”

“This evening?? When did you know about this?”

“SinB, it’s Friday, you’d do nothing but laze around all day at home so this shouldn’t be a problem.” 

She was actually planning on watching some movies at home and just sleep till 11 am the next day, at times like this SinB regretted that Eunha knew so much about her.


Going with Yerin to the fashion show it is.

 

 

Evening – 7PM 

SinB didn’t see Yerin the whole day since she had some photoshoots for magazines today, and SinB was busy with speaking to business partners from all over the world again. The fashion show started at 9 PM, so she had quite some time left to quickly go to her apartment and put some other clothes on. Her current clothes looked fine of course, but since she was going somewhere with Yerin she wanted to put some extra effort in her appearance.

Yerin received a phone call from Eunha a little bit earlier, asked about being able to go to the fashion show from WT-Company together with SinB. Yerin has always liked watching fashion shows so she accepted, but the reason she was excited about going to one was because she was going with SinB.

She was exhausted from the photoshoots she had to do before, so it was a pleasant surprise when Eunha suddenly told her about it. Even though a photoshoot sounds like someone just having to stand and do some poses, which sounds super easy, it’s utterly exhausting. It takes ages, people constantly discuss the pictures, you have to take about a few hundred of pictures, and you often need to stand the whole time, and standing while doing your best at not looking like you could die any moment for a few hours isn’t exactly easy or relaxing.

Yerin liked doing this job though, so she was okay with it, as long as she could rest and gain some strength again after a long day of work.


Since she still had about two hours before the show began she decided on quickly going home to change her clothes and fresh herself up, so she’d look okay when SinB and her met up to go to the fashion show..

Wait, did they decide on where they’d meet up? Eunha told Yerin the address, but what if SinB would stay at the company to wait for her even though she’s not there anymore? Normally Yerin’d see SinB when she goes outside of the company, but SinB wasn’t in the hall today when she left so they didn’t see each other, maybe SinB wasn’t even at the company anymore.


As Yerin got nervous by thinking that she’d make SinB wait or that she’d wait but SinB would wait somewhere else she suddenly remembered that she and SinB exchanged their contact info.

Her phone screen lit up as she pressed on the cold metal button on the side of her phone, tapping on the messages app that was placed in the middle of her homescreen.

She saved SinB as Ttinbi <3, referring to how SinB introduced herself the day they met at the café since Yerin found it so cute.


SinB would probably jump off a bridge if she knew that Yerin saved her as Ttinbi, since she meant to say SinB but bit on her tongue, and the introduction traumatized her.


Yerin inhaled, feeling dumb as she was nervous about sending a text message to someone. The reason she was nervous was because that someone was SinB though.

 

Friday – 19:43
SinB? It’s me, Yerin~ 


HklSv


sorry


Is something wrong?


..Wait before I ask, are you ok..?


Yeah, sorry. My phone freaked out

 

SinB was washing her face when her phone suddenly vibrated, her phone screen lighting up and showing that she received a message from Yerin [Duck emoji], making her flinch and hit her phone with her elbow, making it almost fall into the sink if she didn’t quickly catch it with her other free hand, accidentally typing some random letters and, ofcourse, she accidentally send it too as if it wasn’t bad enough.

She knew they exchanged contact info but she didn’t expect Yerin to suddenly send a message, even though SinB told her that she could when she wanted to.
To make her embarrassing random message less embarrassing she quickly send that her phone freaked out, since “I got nervous since you send me a message and messed up” would be weird, even though that’s the truth.

 

 

Ah, okay. So about the fashion show, where are we meeting up?


..


I forgot about that part. We can meet up in front of the building itself?


That’s good ^^ when are you coming?


Is 20:45 okay? I don’t want to be late there, Hani is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter