I Will Alwas Love You

GRI short stories

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is Jiyong's second year in the university. The lecture had started two weeks ago, but Jiyong just went back to college because he took longer days off for vacation with his family aboard.

The campus atmosphere back to normal again, crowded and many of new faces that must be the new students.

The trees around the campus looked green and refreshing, many people sitting on the lawn enjoying the warmth of the morning.

 

"Jiyong" Yongbae shouts from the bench beside the basketball court where he and his squad usually hang around.

Hugs and joking punches from his friends greeted him. There is Youngbae, Dae, Jonghoon and some other friends already gathered there.

"What's up bro ... how is your holiday"

"Great .. great man" Jiyong replied with laughter. "So .. what have I missed this two weeks?"

"A lot man... new students this year are amazing"

"You have to get around my friend ... lots of pretty girls and guys in architecture majors"

"We already met and get phone numbers of some girls but there is a guy that Top hyung doesn’t allow us to approach. He himself wanted to try to approach him.”

“You will not believe it, Top hyung has been attending 1st semester classes for this whole week just to be able to approach that guy. He even got expelled out by prof. Yung Shuk because he knows Top hyung should not be in that class.” Dae explains with enthusiasm, while Jiyong and the other friends laugh at the story.

"I think Top hyung will soon get that person, we all know his ability right .. that's why he was called Top"

Youngbae shakes his head "Top hyung says this guy is hard to get, and that makes him even more curious and excited"

"Wow .. I wonder how that guy is look like"

 

After a while, there is Top and some people walk toward them. From a distance Top appears to smilingly speak with someone next to him, someone like Jiyong never knew before.

Could it be him?

Could that be Seungri?

The longer they got closer and Top waved at them. Top pull the guy’s hand and separate him from his friends, so that guy is come along with Top to the place where his friends gathered.

That's Seungri! That's really him ..

He's grown up now, his body is bigger and muscular, his face .. the bagy eyes are still there, his sharp jaw line and his smile ..

“Hi Ji .. what's up! where have you been?” Top greets and hugs Jiyong then proceeds to greet the other friends. Behind Top, that guy is standing there smiling than bows and politly greet his seniors.

“Good morning hyung”

Then Dae come to him and link his hand to the guy’s shoulder. “come on Seungri.. don’t be so polite.. we are friends now.. I want to introduce you to our gang leader here..” Dae laughing and pull the man closer to Jiyong.

“Hello Jiyong hyung .. long time no see” Seungri bows and smiles to Jiyong

Jiyong stunned for a moment then smiled awkwardly “hi Seungri.. how are you?”

“I’m fine thank you.. and you?”

“I’m fine too..”

His friends look at them in surprise. “Have you known each other?” asked Top

"Yes .. we used to go to same school in senior high school" Jiyong replied.

"Jiyong hyung is my senior" Seungri added and Top sees them suspiciously.

“I don’t know that you continue to study here” Jiyong asked Seungri seriously

“I’ve got scholarship here hyung…”

It looks a bit awkward between them

"So ..you have long know Jiyong right .. Tell me how Jiyong while at senior high school, is he a good boy? How many guys he has been dating? Ask Dae while guiding him to sit on the bench with them.

"Yes .. tell us his mischief at school" other friends teasing Jiyong who just sit there still stunning.

Seungri feels awkward to be near Jiyong after not meeting him for quite a while, but he tries to talk well.

"Hmm .. i think Jiyong hyung is a good person, even he got the big 3 the smartest in school. I don’t know how many guys he's been dating, but I know many of my friends were idolize him."

"Are you among those who idolize him" asked Top curiously

"I want to be like him, be smart and be a good senior"

"Did Jiyong used to bullying you? You answer like fear, don’t worry tell us the bad side of him, there is Top hyung here, he will protect you" They all laughed, but still Jiyong smiled awkwardly.

After they chatted and joking around, a few minutes later they all went into their class, Seungri went up the stairs to the 3rd floor followed by Top. Jiyong sees them with uncertain feelings.

 

In the classroom Jiyong unable to focus at the lessons, his mind is filled with questions about Seungri.

How can Seungri continue studying here, same place with me?

Does Seungri still have feelings for me?

Did Seungri deliberately follow me?

What should I do? Why do I feel good but also feel awkward to see him?

Does he hate me? Why is he different from he used to be?

Seungri was very cheerful, he could not stay silent, when he saw me from afar he would immediately call out my name. As he near he will always be spoiled and clinging to me.

But he was ... He changed, does he hate me now?

Jiyong continues drift in his mind until the time passes by and he wakes up when the class ends.

 

Since that day Jiyong often thinking about Seungri. He remembered the days he was still in senior high school. At that time he was in third grade when Seungri moved in on second grade.

They knew each other in the math club. Seungri is a lovely person, always open. He can always express whatever he feels right then and there. He also acts as he is. When Seungri likes Jiyong, he is also not ashamed to show his feelings in front of his friends. He will stick to Jiyong and follow him wherever he goes.

Jiyong never knows his feelings towards Seungri are. He just feels good when Seungri is always around and cares for him.

Jiyong also remembers a week before his graduation. At that Seungri confesses his love feelings, but Jiyong gently reject him. He never knew that Seungri had hurt his feelings until he realized since then that Seungri never came to him again. On the day of his graduation, a friend said that Seungri came to see him from a distance. Likewise while at the train station when Jiyong will leave to Seoul, he sees Seungri standing and crying hiding to see him on the train that start departed.

At that time Jiyong felt that was the best decision for them. They are still very young, they should not playing around with love. There are still many things they must learn and pursue for their future. That's also what he has told Seungri, he hopes Seungri can understand.

 

The next days Jiyong and his friends do their college activity as usual. As they hang out together, Seungri is often forced to join them by Top or Dae. Every time Jiyong meets him, Seungri will always bows and greets him politely. Jiyong sees Seungri and his friends often joking freely, but when talking to him Seungri will speak politely.

There is something painful in his chest when Top is close and spoiled on Seungri, or when Seungri is busy chatting and joking around with Youngbae.

Didn’t I mean anything to him anymore?

 

That afternoon they play basketball, Jiyong just watch them on the bench at edge of the field. He feels gloomy. His days were gloomy because he felt that maybe what he has done in the past to Seungri was wrong.

He is not liking to see his friends too close to Seungri. He is not liking how Top praising Seungri so much.

He feels jelous because Seungri not paying attention to him anymore.

 

Suddenly he sees Seungri falls on the basketball court, the nearby Dae reaches out to help Seungri to stand up, but Seungri looks in pain. Jiyong immediately stood up and wanted to run up to him, but the other friends in the field had already raced ahead of him. Jiyong remains standing there and worried. Some friends then carry Seungri to a bench on the edge of the field.

"What happened?" Jiyong asked worriedly

"His legs dislocated" Dae replied while holding Seungri's feet and Seungri winced in pain.

"Let me help him, leave it to me" Jiyong take over Seungri's legs from Dae's hands

"Go there, just go back to play, he'll be fine" Jiyong repels Dae and the others subtly.

Jiyong kneels and slowly removes Seungri's shoes, then massages his legs.

Seungri grimaced in pain

"It's okay hyung leave it, later my leg will heal itself." Seungri tries to pull his leg but Jiyong keeps holding it.

"No .. it will not be okay .. let me help you"

Then Jiyong started massaging his legs again. After a while Seungri felt better.

Jiyong offers to drive Seungri back to his dorm but he refuses it. But after Youngbae joined forces him, Seungri finally willing to drove home by Jiyong and Young bae.

Arriving at the dorm, Jiyong helped him walk into his room and Jiyong asked Yongbae to leave him there.

 

"Thanks for your help hyung" Seungri said when they got in the room.

"Sorry to bother you" he said softly

"No need to apologize, I want to do it for you" Jiyong replied while looking around Seungri's room.

"May I sit down?"

"Oh .. yes .. please hyung .."

Moments later they were silent

"Seungri .. can I ask you something?"

"Yes hyung ..."

"Why are you studying here? I know you got a scholarship, but why choose at this university? "

"Hm .. I think you know the reason why"

is it possible..

"And I think everyone also knows the reason why .. this university has the best architecture majors in this country"

"Aah ... you are not following me?"

Seungri laughed softly and looked at the floor "is it your real question whether I still like you and chased you up here?"

"A few months ago I signed up to get a scholarship at this university, maybe it was my motive to be close to you again .. Maybe then I also hope your feelings will change to me"

"But that was before hyung ... over time I realized I was wrong, I always remembered our last conversation"

 

 

flashback

"i like you hyung.. No.No.. i love you.. i know you like me too right? Be my boyfriend and i promise i can make you always happy."

"i like you Seungri.. but not like this.. i like you as a brother. You should not thinking about love, what do you know about love. We are too young, just think about school and how to make your future bright."

“But I really love you hyung, should I not feel love?”

“ School.. of course I do well. You also know my grades are very good hyung. I just want you to know my feelings before you graduate and get out of here.”

“Your feeling is just a moment Seungri .. tomorrow when I leave, you will soon forget me”

“No hyung .. I will not forget you .. NEVER!”

“SEUNGRI!!” Jiyong shouted at him "Grown up!! You can not keep spoiling like this!"

Seungri's eyes began to tearing

"You may hate me now Seungri, but I'm sure someday you'll understand"

End of flash back

 

“I've changed hyung .. I'm not spoiled anymore like I used to. I studied earnestly, proved I can get a scholarship here. And I consider you as my brother, I'll be as smart as you hyung .. "

"You don’t have to worry, I will not bother you anymore like school days" Seungri laughed at his own statement.

"I'm sorry I'm close to your friends, I don’t know before that they are your close friends. If you feel disturbed, starting tomorrow I'll stay away from them"

"No Seungri ..."

Knock. Knock. Knock. "Seungri ... are you in there? Can I come in" someone shouted from outside the room.

"Yes hyung .. come in" Seungri shouted then Top goes into the room

"Seungri .. are you okay?" Top went straight to Seungri who is sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Ji, what are you doing here?" Top asks as he sees Jiyong who also sees him in surprise.

"You .. what are you doing here hyung?"

"Me .. of course to see Seungri" Top look back at Seungri and hold his aching feet.

"Is it still painful .. .. sorry I should have been there. Should I take you to the doctor?"

"It's okay Top hyung .. Jiyong hyung has helped me, he massaged my leg and now it feels much better."

Top glance at Jiyong "then you should rest now" Top is trying to help Seungri to lie down.

 

Why is Top hyung so care to him.

Why my chest feels sick watching them together

Am I jealous??

 

For two days after the incident Jiyong didn’t see Seungri at campus. He began to worry that perhaps Seungri’s leg had not healed. Jiyong decides to go to Seungri's dorm. But when he gets there, when Jiyong still parks his car, he sees Top entering the dorm carrying some pizza boxes.

Jiyong thinks whether Top is visiting Seungri again.

Jiyong is upset, he can not decide to go inside or wait until Top comes out.

With uncertainty feeling Jiyong continues to sit in his car and staring at the dorm’s door.

After about two hours finally Top comes out of the dorm.

After ensuring Top's car out, Jiyong immediately get out of his car and go into Seungri's room.

Cautiously Jiyong knocks Seungri's room.

From inside Seungri sounded replied "Yes hyung .. come in .. are you forgeting something?"

Jiyong goes inside and Seungri is shocked to see him.

"Oh .. Jiyong hyung .. sorry I guess you're someone else"

Jiyong sees Seungri sitting on the couch, his leg is bandages. On the desk there is an open pizza box and two cans of coke. Seeing it all Jiyong’s heart burned, he was jealous, thought about what have Seungri and Top do some time before.

Jiyong looks at him sharply

“Are you dating Top hyung?”

"hah..?" Seungri is shocked by Jiyong's sudden question

“No.. we are just good friends” Seungri tries to smile.

"Do you hate me Seungri?" Jiyong asked again quickly

"what …?! No .. no hyung I don’t hate you .. why should I?" Seungri begins to straighten up his sitting, he feel the tense of their conversation is getting high.

"Do you still like me Seungri?" Jiyong’s gaze sharply stared into Seungri's eyes.

"of course I still like you hyung.. you are my role model, and .. my brother."

 

"Do you still love me Seungri ? " Jiyong asks firmly and slowly walks towards Seungri

"You should not asking me that hyung ..."

"Answer me Seungri!!" Jiyong is getting closer

Seungri looks down and closed his eyes. Tears began to trickle down his cheeks and his voice trembled.

“I still love you hyung.. I’m sorry..”

“Liar!! You lie to me Seungri .. How could you not hate me. I used to reject you, hurt you, I never even tried to call or texting you since I was here. I saw you crying at the train station but I still ignore and not try to cheer you up. How can you not hate me Seungri?!  I even hate myself for all of that"

Jiyong kneels in front of Seungri, his hand holding the younger’s knee, he looks down and his tears flow.

Seungri was surprised to see the older, he also cried, his hand slowly holding Jiyong's hand.

"Hyung ..."

"I hate myself Seungri ... how could you still love me .. I've been mean to you .."

Seungri could not bear to see the person he loved crying in front of him. He immediately pulled the older and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry Seungri .. forgive me .." Jiyong sobbed in Seungri’s arm.

“I'm sorry for rejected you. I'm too naive. I like you, I miss you, but I don’t want to admit it. When I see you close to my friends, I get very jealous.”

"It's okay hyung .. you did what you think is good, I respect your decision ... please don’t be sad"

"Oh .. Seungri .." Jiyong hug him back tightly

"Please give me another chance .. I wish I can be someone that you love again"

Jiyong releases his hug, holdings the younger's both hand and looks into his eyes

“I love you Seungri .. be my boyfriend .. I will not leave you anymore, I will love you with all my heart. I want to be with you always.. and I want you to be part of my future too. “

Seungri looked into his eyes and smile

"I love you hyung .. I will always love you" Seungri said softly

Jiyong smiled relief and they hugged each other.

That was the day that they finally back together.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________