Taxi

GRI short stories

Time shows at 11 pm, seungri sat quietly listening to music in his taxi that parked at the end of the street Johansen. He busy checking on email on his phone till someone rushing entered the taxi.

"let’s go drive" he said.

"Where do you want to go" Ask Seungri while look into the front rearview mirror to see the passengers.

"Just drive first .. fast !!" he said again.

Then seungri immediately drive his taxi. Five minutes passed, Seungri looked again at the rearview mirror, a man with dark blue jacket and black mask seen occasionally turned to the way behind.

"Are you on the run?" Is someone after you? "

"Yes sort of that" the passenger replied.

"Do I need to speeding?" ... "But you're not a criminal right ?!"

"Oh ... No!" The passenger replied as he leaned forward towards Seungri.

"Don’t worry, I'm not a criminal… I just don’t want to meet some people ... and I don’t think you need to speeding, they don’t follow me anymore" said the passenger.

“OK.. so.. do you have decided where do you want to go?”

“hm...”

“I think I want to go to Ballemon Hill”

“That’s out of town, need 2 hours to get there”

“I know, can you take me there then?”

“sure.. enjoy your trip..”

10 minutes past..

“it’s fun actually having passenger to go to ballemon hill, I like the view, so peacefull. Usually  at night I get drunk passengers, some of them even threw up in the taxi.” The passenger just nodding hearing that.

“Or couples who can not restrain themselves until got home and make some whispers and a lot of noises in the back seat “ At this moment the man chuckles.

“I’m sorry.. my friends always said that I talk to much.. I can bore you or maybe  I should play some music for you”

“That’s ok, actually I think you are funny.. and like hearing stories too”

Half an hour past seungri keep talking and the man only nodding and sometime laughed  so hard for the joke seungri gave.

“What’s your name?” suddenly the passenger ask him

“I’m Seungri, my friends usually call me Ri”

“You are not Lee Sang Yoon?” the man looks at the name card on the dashboard.

“Oh.. he is my uncle. This is his taxi, he got cold so I replace him”

“I see..”

“Don’t worry, I’m not stealing this taxi, I’m too handsome to be a thief”

“and you too handsome to be taxi driver too”

“well.. thank you, but I already heard it from a lot of my passenger too… “ grinning at his own answer.

The passenger looks chuckle too.

“You still look young, should you still be a student?” he tried to make conversation.

“I am, but i will graduate in two months”

“Do your parents allow you to work like this?”

“My parents died when I was 12 years old, since then I lived with my uncle”

“Actually my current job is to teach private Japanese language and dance in the evening, and my uncle did not let me replace him, but I just told him I need his taxi to go to hangout with some friends.”

“How about you, what’s your name sir?”

The man is looking outside the window and not answering Seungri’s question, suddenly..

“I'm hungry, can we stop for a while at the store?”

“sure.. “

Then seungri stopped at the nearest shop they met. The shop was deserted probably because it was already late at night.

“You should come out and have some eat with me” said the passenger. And so Seungri did come out of the taxi and sit at the bench outside the shop.

A few minutes later, that man go out from the shop bringing a tray of two cups of noodle and some cans of drink and sit infront of Seungri.“Let’s eat!” he says while removing the mask.

He put a cup of noodle and a can of coke in front of seungri when suddenly..

“OH MY GOD…”

“What…?”

“Y..you.. Kwon Jiyong.. the rapper right..?”

“GOD.. you scared me.. yes I am Kwon Jiyong, just call me Jiyong” he said while opening his coke.

“don’t be to shock.. we already talking nearly for an hour” grinning seeing the shocking Seungri.

“Oh my God… why don’t you tell me earlier so I can be more polite”

“come on.. I like the way you are.. just seat down an eat with me..” Jiyong look at Seungri and smiling.

So Then seungri ate the noodle silently while looking at Jiyong with disbelief.

“From whom you ran earlier? Why are you leaving alone, should you go with a driver or bodyguard?”

“i'm escaping..”

“From what?”

“I’don’t know... I feel bored.. a lot of people around me always pay attention to my moves, I just want to be alone for a while. But back there some people start recognizing and following me.”

“For how long did you have escaping?”

“well..” Jiyong look at his watch “it’s official 24 hours”

“Do your family or your manager know where are you now?”

“No, they don’t”

“They don’t call you?”

“I left my phone at house”

……………

“Don’t you think they might get worried, maybe they will call police or something”

Finaly Jiyong finished his noodle and they just sat there in silent.

……………

“I ever ran away from home when I was 12. For some reason I do it because of embarrassment every time my father or mother takes me wherever I go, unlike my friends who go everywhere on their own. I want my parents give me some space to go alone without their . And when I left home, I was hit by a motorcycle. I was taken to the hospital and the hospital called my parents. They were very panicked and caught me up. They were not mad at me after that incident.”

Seungri ruffle his hair for a while

“Two month later my parents got car accident.. since then.. they realy give space to me to go all by my own... and I regret it”

Without realizing it suddenly Jiyong hugging him from behind.

“That is very sad, I hope I can comfort you”

Seungri trying hard to hold his tears, he never tell his story to anyone before and this hug make him comfortable.

“I think people around watching you because they love you, you should be happy because they care, don’t get regret later like me”

“what should I do?” Jiyong Let go of his hug.

Seungri pulls the phone out of his pocket and hands it to Jiyong

“Call whoever you have to call, do not worry them for too long”

With that Jiyong go a little bit away and start calling his sister. Seungri sees Jiyong start talking, like arguing something then speaking softly and then he smiles.

“Done” Jiyong hands the phone back and Seungri smile widely.

“So.. do you want to go home now?”

“How about to go to your house..”

“What? ..  what for?!”

“I want to see your uncle and ask his permission”

“His permission?.. for what?”

“I want to escape again tomorrow, with his taxi and you, and this time my family will know where I am”