Birthday Present

GRI short stories

It was raining outside, his whole body was aching, his head was dizzy and snot kept dripping from his nose. He looked out the window with a blanket covering his body. A mug of warm tea in his hand accompanied him through the night.

It is Friday, usually on Friday night Jiyong went to hang out at the Park's cafe, a café that belongs to his friend. There is something special on every Friday night. The acoustic band called ‘VI’playing there. He really likes the songs from the band and moreover he has a crush with the vocalist, A guy with a shady face,  sweet smile and voice. Jiyong knows his name is Seungri because every time they gig, he will always introduce himself and his team.

This has been going on for 2 months that he has regularly come every Friday night to The Park's to watch Seungri and he quietly became his fans.

He will always order drinks for 'VI' without naming himself. And once they finish playing, Jiyong will go home. Because his only desire to came there was watching Seungri singing.

Once Park  asked him about 'VI' and Jiyong sheepishly admits he likes them especially Seungri. Park has also been going to introduce him directly, but Jiyong is embarrassed and asks his friend to let Jiyong be Seungri’s secret admirer.

But today he has a severe flu that makes him really unable to go even though he is desperate to leave.

All Jiyong can do is imagine Seungri's face and listen to the raindrops like Seungri's melodious voice.

Jiyong missed him. If only tomorrow he can recover and can see Seungri. But he knew he had to wait another week to be able to see and hear Seungri singing.

 

 

The next morning Jiyong felt a little better, but the snot was still dripping. He went to a pharmacy a few blocks from his house.  Actually he just wanted to sleep quietly without taking any medicine, but he felt like something pushed him to go there.

In the pharmacy he immediately went to the counter and ordered some medicines. He feels like someone is looking at him, Jiyong immediately turns to see who that is and there Seungri standing just a few meters away. The world seemed to stop, his heart beating fast and he froze for a moment.

"Hi .. it's you" Seungri said with his sweet smile and he came up to him. But Jiyong is shocked and he takes a step back when Seungri approaches him. Jiyong did not expected  to meet him.

How could he can greeted Seungri in such a state. His face is mess, his nose is red from the cold, he's just wearing pajamas and a coat, it's really not a good situation to give a good impression to talk to the person you're crush on for the first time.

But then Jiyong wonder if Seungri knew him. He never approached or even spoke directly to him while at The Park's.

"Ah .. hi ... do you know me?"

"At The Park's, corner of the left balcony, table number 8. You're always at the same table every Friday night."

Jiyong is shocked to hear him, he did not think all this time Seungri will notice him.

"That's you.. right?"

"Ah .. yes that’s me" Jiyong replied embarrassed, then stretched out his hand

"My name is Jiyong"

"I'm Seungri" he grabs Jiyong's hand and shakes his hands

"I know .." and they both smile

 

"So .. are you sick? That's why you did not come last night?”

What…  he even know that I’m not coming? Jiyong shock even more.

Jiyong nods while looking at his face. All this time Jiyong can only see him from afar and it can already make him fascinated. But this time Seungri is really in front of him and talking to him, this really makes him blush. By meeting and talking with him, Jiyong suddenly felt healed.

He felt he did not need any more medicine. All he needed was more time to be with Seungri.

For a moment he remembered that he was a shy person, but he really did not want to miss that opportunity.

"Do you want to have a cup of coffee with me?" Jiyong asked quickly then he looked at the floor, worried about hearing rejection.

"I will love to" said Seungri happily.

 

Some time later Jiyong and Seungri are already in the coffee shop. They talk so pleasantly. Seungri is a very nice person, talking to him makes Jiyong feel happy.

Since that day, Jiyong is become good friends with Seungri. Jiyong still comes every Friday night to watch Seungri at The Park's and beyond that they often call each other and hang out together.

Jiyong feels more fond of him, but he doesn’t know how Seungri feels about him. Jiyong feels Seungri is considerate and kind to him, but he is also good towards his other friends.

Jiyong just hopes someday Seungri will understand his feelings.

 

A month later on a Friday night, it was the 18th of August. Jiyong as usual sit at table No. 8 to see Seungri's appearance. After two songs he sang, Seungri then announced

"Tonight I want to sing a song that I made for someone who means so much to me.. maybe he doesn’t realize that his secret presence has made me miss him all the time."

Jiyong felt stiff, his heart pounding, he thought who is the guy Seungri was talking about right now.

Then he sees Seungri suddenly looking at him

"Jiyong .. This song is a birthday present for you…  I love you"

 

The strains of the guitar echoed as Seungri sings 'in my world'. His voice was so sweet it made all the visitors at the cafe shudder at it. All eyes were on him.

He sings while he approaches Jiyong who can only be stunned. Seungri ends the song right in front of him. His right hand brings cupcake with a candle on it.

Jiyong is fascinated, he does not realize the other diners at the cafe are cheering him on.

"Make your wish Jiyong" said Seungri gives the cupcake.

Jiyong sees Seungri's eyes lovely.

"My wish already come true.." he smiles and blew out the candle

“Thank you...” Jiyong hugged him and whispered "I love you too.."  

Seeing all of that, the diners cheered happily.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

This story I dedicate to welcoming Jiyong birthday.
Pls give me some comments and thank you for your support ^^

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________