1: Eternity

Way Back Into Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Note: The arrangements are not in chronological order.

Chapter 1: Eternity.

Baekhyun

The first time he met Jiwoo was just like any other time people cross path like they were meant to be. Baekhyun was a heartbroken figure like any other who had failed his relationship. Another failure, he almost thought there was no use to try searching for new love to heal for temporary time before it hurt him again.

“You don’t need her anymore. Give me your phone.” Chanyeol tried to reach for his friend’s phone but failing when Baekhyun wrapped it around him like a treasure, eyeing the man’s hands that were trying to break the phone free from him. Chanyeol sighed, in defeat. “You’re just making it hard on yourself.”

“Ya, you went half-crazy too when you and Nana decided to take a break. Remember who was there for you at those times?”

“Now, I’m trying to be here for you as well. She’s too old for you, anyway.”

“She said I’m too young for her.”

“Well, what an old school thinking. Who cares about age anymore these days?” Chanyeol grunted. “There are so many beautiful girls out there. And I’m going to make you meet one today. Get ready.” He threw one of the shirts hanging on the door of their dorm to Baekhyun.

“Who?”

“One of Nana’s friend.”

“Are you trying to set me up on a blind date?”

Chanyeol nodded. “Something like that. Hurry up!”

Baekhyun got out of his bed and fixed his tousled hair to look proper. He then stopped when he thought of something. “What if it didn’t end up well? Are you trying to get me into double heartbreak now?”

“Tch,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “I don’t want to make you look forward too much since she doesn’t really know you, yet but she has seen you around campus and she agreed to it right away when Nana mentioned your name. So, she might have a little interest in you.” He murmured the last sentence.

Baekhyun now, tucking his shirt into his pants as he acted like he was giving a thought. “What’s her name?”

Chanyeol grinned. He knew so well Baekhyun wouldn’t last long with her current ex-girlfriend. The woman was so dominant and expected he would listen to her like a puppy but anybody knew the rebel Baekhyun wouldn’t bow to that. In the end, he was called childish instead by her.

Baekhyun believed that he was heartbroken by the woman. However, Chanyeol believed he was just hurt because his pride was damaged by someone who called him a kid. He didn’t even like that woman that much except she was a total beauty in campus.

“Kim Jiwoo. I know you’re going to thank me later so, you’re welcome.”

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

“I’m sorry.”

Baekhyun tried so hard to muster up a smile until it hurts even though Chanyeol couldn’t see him. He believed if he smile, at least he wouldn’t feel so sad.

“There’s nothing to be sorry for. I have so much to thank you for so, you should’ve said you’re welcome.”

“Baekhyun – ,”

“I have never loved a person this much, Chanyeol. I don’t know even if it’s possible to love someone this much. And I never knew there is someone who would love me as much too.”

“Baekhyun – ,” He heard Chanyeol spoke in shaky voice, and there was gasping in between his breath like he was sobbing and Baekhyun felt like crying too.

“Why are you crying? At least now, she doesn’t have to be in constant pain anymore.” The smile faded and it was replaced with a tear streamed down his cheek instead.

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

“Guys, this is Jiwoo, my friend and Jiwoo, this is Chanyeol, my boyfriend and his friend, Baekhyun.”

Jiwoo gave both of them somewhat a bashful smile, before she settled next to Nana and opposite of Baekhyun. It was awkward somehow, Baekhyun saw how Jiwoo would look down most of the time and interacted with Nana when she wanted something and Baekhyun also could feel constant nudging in his side from Chanyeol, asking him to talk and giving him a look that was saying “Why are you a mute suddenly?”

“I’m going out for fresh air. I’ll be right back.” Baekhyun muttered lowly, leaving Chanyeol wide eyed.

“Smoking is not really a kind of fresh air.” Chanyeol retorted sarcastically, loud enough for the other two ladies to turn to them questioningly from their own conversation and Baekhyun had to fake a smile and mouthed “I’ll be right back.”

The blind date didn’t go as smooth as it was expected, more like two of them seemed like the third wheeler instead of a supposed double date. Chanyeol was frustrated at how Baekhyun didn’t seem like making any effort and Baekhyun didn’t feel like arguing with his friend either so he just acknowledge all of it until Chanyeol was tired of it and leave him alone.

It might have not gone smoothly, but it was a start of something new between them. He knew both of them came from different majors but he never realized how he had the same French class with her. He couldn’t take his eyes off her in the class from when he first noticed her when he walked in.

Jiwoo seemed to sense someone staring at her and looked up to meet Baekhyun’s eyes which resulted both of them looking a little startle. Baekhyun flashed her a smile then, instead of turning away and she smiled back and pointed her index finger towards the front of the class before she turned back into her book, that smile stayed on her face.

It started with a cup of coffee to discuss about the French project they teamed up together – because she was the closest to Baekhyun familiar with in the class. Baekhyun believed his friends must have gang up on him because the others took Japanese instead, that time he was too late to drop the subject and change it – to a glass of beer near midnight that they had secretly without any of their friends knew while having honey marinated chicken Baekhyun grew to love despite he like it spicy better but Jiwoo insisted he should try them once for her.

A casual wave of goodbye when they usually parted ways slowly turned to a kiss on the cheek and a smile too bright that Baekhyun found he’d wished the walk to her dorm would be farther than usual.

“Why are we using this way instead? We usually walked the other way.  I only know that one way.” Jiwoo stated when she realized Baekhyun was walking in different direction.

“I found out a new shortcut.” Baekhyun whispered like it was a secret. When Jiwoo found out that Baekhyun had just take her walking around another block before they came back to the familiar road towards her block, she just burst into fit of giggles and Baekhyun squished that adorable face and kissed her on her lips.

“Don’t go.”

“I don’t want to go too but we can’t stay here all night.”

“I can stay here all night.”

Jiwoo flicked his button nose while scrunching hers. “You’re ridiculous.” And she made her way towards the entrance of her block.

“You know, Chanyeol started to ask me what’s going on between us.”

“While wiggling his thick eyebrows like this?” She attempted to wiggle her eyebrows that ended up into making funny faces, imitating Chanyeol.

“Yeah, he looks awful I almost wanted to punch him in the face.” Baekhyun retorted.

“What did you say?”

Baekhyun could feel his jaw starting to get hurt from smiling too much. Weird how when he thought about their first meeting, Jiwoo seemed like nothing he would have expected. He had no idea the shy girl he met at that restaurant could make him laughed so much when she jokes, or when she let out her frustrations at certain coursemates that were giving her headache or the lecturers that was pissing her off, or when she exposed a little of herself like she has trusted him enough.

“I said, I think I’m in love with her.”

She nodded while smiling, but her eyes trailed somewhere else before it met his back that was fixed on her all this while. “I told Nana the same too.”

“About what?” Baekhyun knew better what she was saying but he wanted to listen to the exact words from her.

“That I’m in love with you. And she said, you’re so whipped.”

Baekhyun hurriedly trudged his feet closer to Jiwoo, making her eyeing him in wonders. “I love you.” He slipped those three words pass his lips, he never thought he had such confident

Please log in to read the full chapter