When the rain pours

When is the Right TIME

I parked my car on the side to buy a coffee and some pasta for my breakfast. It is still raining hard. And I forgot to bring an umbrella with me. I sigh.

 

"Great Yuri! You're so genius." talking to myself. 

 

I ran to the store to buy my breakfast.

 

"Good morning mam! Your order please?" the cashier greeted me with her genuine smile. She looks happy.

 

I smiled back, "one caramel machiatto and carbonara please."

 

I pay the bill. "Thank you mam. Have a nice day. Please wait for a moment. The staff is already preparing your food."

 

"Thank you."

 

I waited for at least 10 minutes for my food to be prepared.

 

As soon as I received my order I immediately went outside of the store but to my luck the rain suddenly became stronger. 

 

I sigh "what a great way to start my day." 

 

"Excuse me miss, you look troubled? Mind if we share an umbrella?" a guy next to me offer his umbrella.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= THROWBACK =

= 6 years ago =

 

*the bell rang at 4 pm*

 

"Okay class we will just continue the lesson tomorrow. Do you have your umbrella with you? The rain looks like it will never end. Go home now and be safe. "

 

"Yes ma'am" 

 

The teacher bid her goodbye. As I look at the window i sigh knowing i will end up running through the rain since i don't have my umbrella with me.

 

I get my bag and leave the room. I have no choice but to go home. If I wait till the rain stops, there is no assurance what time i will be home. 

 

I started walking when i realized a familiar back of a man holding an umbrella with his right hand and his left hand embracing the waist of the girl beside him. 

 

My feet immediately stops. My heart suddenly ache and A tear fell from my eye.

 

"Why am i still hurting.?" 

 

Seeing Hyukjae with another girl is the last thing I wanted to see. I've been avoiding him for a month. It is easier since his 2 years ahead of me.. But this time destiny is playing with me. 

 

I am soaking wet. I don't have the strength to walk. I don't have the courage to step my feet. I closed my eyes and just feel rain. 

 

No one will notice the warm water running in my face because of the rain. I'm tired of fooling myself that i am strong.

 

"Just this one. Just this time." i cry my heart out knowing no one will ever notice. 

 

 

"Making yourself sick doesn't make him go back to you." 

 

I look up to see an umbrella that shields me from the rain and a man beside me holding it for me. 

 

"You. You're  the guy at the garden." I recognized him. He's the guy who gave me a handkerchief last month when hyukjae dumped me. 

 

He  was just standing beside me looking straight to the couple in front of us. He didn't even bother to glance at me. 

 

"The rain is getting harder. Let's go home." he started walking leaving me behind but when he notice that I didn't follow him he came back, grab my hand and started walking.

 

I grab my hand from him. "Yahh! I don't know you. Why do you think i'll come with you?!" i shouted at him. With my tears running on my face I covered it with my hands. 

 

He grabbed my hand and give his umbrella.

 

"Go home. I'm sorry. That's not what i am trying to.. Aishhh. Nevermind. Go home now and be safe."

 

And he started walking away in the middle of the rain. 

 

I just look on his back while his walking with a question in my mind. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! So yes it literally took me a week for an update. 

I am so sorry. Cause ive been usy with my work. 

But just as i promised. 1 chapter per week. 

And if i will be blessed for a free time a 2 chapters per week is better.

 

Comments will be well appriciated.