Forget-me-not

Roses

Days later, Junhong found himself at a cafe that was near his campus. He was seated at one of the tables, fiddling with his fingers obviously waiting for someone though he was slightly earlier, like an hour earlier 

"Is anyone seated here?" A voice brought him out of his daze. 

Junhong looked up to see a guy probably just slightly older than him and black hair that was gelled up nicely. He had tan skin and a bright smile. Junhong felt pretty awkward seeing that this random person was being really random.  

"Erm...there isn't-" 

"Great!" The person plopped down on the seat in front of him. Junhong didn't know what to say considering the look on the other's face. He felt bad asking the other to go away. 

"Sorry for being so creepy but i need your help, just act natural, pretend we are a couple." The guy spoke sheepishly. 

"What?" Junhong asked, wondering if the person was being serious. 

"I'm really sorry but please?" The guy said, showing him his puppy eyes.  

Junhong glanced at his phone noting the time, there was still 50 mins for him to wait so it should be fine.  

"Ok...." Junhong reluctantly agreed. 

"Thanks so much!" 

"What is it for though if you don't mind me asking?" 

"Haish, well don't judge but I'm actually sorta spying on my best friend." The guy answered. 

Junhong tilted his head, looking at the other curiously. 

"Well, i just wanted to make sure his first date goes well. He's coming soon, I guess and i wanted the most inconspicuous disguise so here i am." The guy continued saying though looking slightly dejected. 

"You don't seem very happy though." Junhong asked. 

"Huh, even a stranger can tell, so why can't he." The guy said, looking down at his lap.

The atmostphere just turned dark in an instant. It seemed like instantly a dark cloud loomed over the other. 

At that moment, the cafe bell dinged and in walked a couple, a slender, tall male and a really pretty girl with long amber hair.

As Junhong was sat facing the door, he saw the male glance over, eyes lingering on the back of the male that was infront of him. (does this make sense) 

"Is that your best friend?" Junhong asked the other. 

The other lifted his head, glancing backwards slightly. "Yeah, it is. Him and his pretty date." He confirmed, looking more than sad now. 

Junhong felt like he needed to do something as the other just looked so in pain.  

"Should we order something?" Junhong suggested, hoping it would distract the other but the other didn't even look up. 

"Sorry, i shouldn't have done this. Why did i even come." He spoke.  

"It's okay, erm..." Junhong said awkwardly as he still didn't know the other's name. 

"Oh, My name is Jongin, you can also call me Kai." Kai spoke, finally looking up. 

"I'm Junhong." Junhong slightly bowed his head in greeting. 

"Kai-ssi, are you okay?" Junhong felt dumb for asking such a stupid question, the other didn't look okay at all. 

"Yeah, I'm feeling peachy," Kai scoffed. "right, ing peachy. I told myself that his happiness is more important and i should be a supportive best friend but i just." Kai sagged in his seat, burying his face into his hands that he braced against the table. 

Junhong felt so useless as he didn't know what to say to the other to comfort him. 

"Do you want anything? It might distract you abit." Junhong spoke up lamely. 

Kai sighed before removing his hands, looking at Junhong with his sad eyes, "Just get me something really sweet. Thank you." He spoke before sagging back into his seat. 

Junhong immediately stood up, heading to the counter. He glanced at his phone, 40 mins left. He glanced at where the couple were seated, locking eyes with the male.

He felt really uncomfortable as the male seemed to be glaring at him. He diverted his gaze to the menu that was above the counter, before asking the cashier 

"Erm, can you recommend something that is really sweet?"  

"Really sweet? Caramel frappes are pretty sweet but if you want something that is sweeter, a vanilla cookies and cream frappe would be nice." The cashier answered. 

"Then, I'd have the Vanilla cookies and cream frappe then and a hot mocha."  

"Right, one vanilla cookies and cream frappe and one hot mocha coming up." The cashier replied, before shouting out the order to the barista that was at the back chilling away. 

Junhong paid for the drinks, waited for only a moment as the barista whipped up his drinks in a flash, before taking them back to his seat. 

"Here you go, I'm not exactly sure whether it's gonna be really sweet but the cashier said it's sweeter than a caramel frappe so i guess it should be." 

"Thanks, to imagine i came here to spy and in the end, i need someone to comfort me. How pathetic." 

"It's fine really, maybe you wanna talk about it?" 

"Haish, I've always liked my best friend but since we were friends, It's just impossible to not ruin everything thus i never said anything." 

"Does your friend really not have any feelings for you?" 

"I doubt so, he never showed anything. He's also really shy so when the girl asked him out, he freaked out so I'm here, trying to make sure everything goes fine but i never expected it to be this hard or maybe I'm just an idiot, holding on to something that i should let go." 

"I've never been in your situation so all i can say is it's gonna be okay?" Junhong said, still feeling really useless. 

"Thanks, i needed that. Come, i gotta distract myself. So, what's your situation?" Kai asked, suddenly sitting up straighter. 

"My situation? What do you mean?" 

"You look like someone that has been through a bit, don't mind to share?"  

"Erm...er..." 

"It's fine if you don't want to, I'm just some random stranger after all but since i shared something with you, maybe you could share something back to make it seem like I'm not the only one talking," Kai sipped on his drink, making a face at the sweetness of it. "the cashier is right, this is really sweet." 

"Erm, its not that i don't want to say but i want to tell someone else first."  

"Oh i see, your lover?" Kai asked with a cheeky grin on his face.  

"N-no." Junhong stuttered, denying though the blush that rose on his cheeks was pretty self-explanatory.  

The other smirked, "Oh really?" 

"Y-yeah" Junhong diverted his eyes and took a sip out of his cup. He looked up again, looking towards the couple again. The male was looking in their direction yet again. 

"Erm...your friend is looking at us," 

"What, he's definitely suspecting whether it's me. Come, we gotta act."  

The other took a napkin, reached over the table and wiped off the coffee moustache that Junhong had. The latter tried not to lean too back as the other was slightly too close for comfort, just to make the act look alot more real. 

 

To make it even more drama mama, that was the scene that Youngjae walked into.  

 

Junhong looked up, meeting eyes with Youngjae and he immediately paled. He wanted to rush over to him and explain himself but the look in the other's eyes just made him freeze in his seat. 

"Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" Kai waved a hand infront of his face, turning back to see what the other was staring at, to immediately turn back again. 

", Sehun saw me." Kai facepalmed.  

It became silent in the cafe, even the staff looked up to see what was with the shift in atmosphere.  

"Jongin, what are you doing here and who are you with?" A voice spoke up. Junhong still had his eyes on the newcomer that was stood near the entrance even though the other already looked away from him. 

"Oh hi Sehun, i didn't realise you were here." Kai said, smiling up at his friend. Junhong finally snapped out of it, looking up to see the guy that Kai was spying on.  

The Sehun guy glanced at Junhong, eyes narrowing at him before looking back to Kai, "Who is this? You two look really close from the way you were behaving just now." 

"He's a friend and don't you have a date to go back to," Kai asked the other, sudden anger surging through him. 

"Jongin, what's wrong?" Sehun asked, the concern obvious. 

Junhong could see Kai's facade breaking down. 

"Nothing, I'm sorry Junhong but I gotta be going." Kai said, standing up to leave, not before taking his frappe. 

Junhong just followed the other's movement, can't help but feel worried for the elder, to the entrance of the cafe where he locked eyes with Youngjae again.  

Sehun followed the other out, leaving the girl he was with confused and not to mention annoyed. 

 

Junhong suddenly remembered what happened and he immediately stood up, rushing towards Youngjae. 

"Youngjae hyung, it's not what it looks like. It really isn't." Junhong panicked. 

"Who was he?"  

"He was just a stranger that needed my help." 

"What sort of help?" 

"Some acting help." Junhong was squirming under the gaze that the elder was giving him. 

"Let's sit down." With that, Youngjae walked past him to where he was seated. The latter walked back to his seat warily, atmostphere turning so much more stiffer if it weren't already.  

"The guy was spying on his best friend and wanted a good disguise so he asked for my help, i really don't know him. The best friend was the other one and he's supposedly on a date with a girl and the guy just wanted to make sure everything was fine so he asked for my help, it was really, I really, I just, I'm sorry." Junhong rambled on, saying all of it in one breath, his head lowered as he couldn't meet the other's gaze, feeling really ashamed even though nothing really happened. 

"Apology not accepted."  

Junhong looked up to see Youngjae looking boredly at him, his face fell, panicking even more. 

"i couldn't not help him, he had those puppy eyes- 

"What" 

"No, i mean, he looked like he really needed help so i just helped him. Don't be mad at me, I'm sorry."  

"You could help him by not letting him lean so close to you." 

"I, erm....it won't happen again. I'm sorry." Junhong was just staring at his lap, biting his lower lip, looking exactly like a kicked puppy. 

"Damn right it won't happen again but I'm still not forgiving you." Youngjae crossed his arms, looking away from the younger. 

Junhong felt so helpless, he didn't want the other to be angry with him. 

 

Youngjae knew he was being petty but how dare Junhong let some random stranger get so close to him, the younger was his. 

"Youngjae-hyung, what will i have to do for you to forgive me." Junhong was just desperate now. 

"Well, I can forgive you if you do something."  

Junhong immediately sat up right, looking up with hopeful eyes. 

"What is it?" 

"Go beat the guy up." 

"What!? I can't do that."  

"Relax, i was joking." Though the look on Youngjae's face was far from joking. 

Junhong sagged back into his seat.  

"Be mine and i would forgive you." 

"What," Junhong looked up again, red staining his cheeks, "Aren't i-i already y-yours?"  

"Not officially yet, so what do you say?" Youngjae asked. 

The younger's face flamed," Yes, of course." 

Youngjae finally smiled, turning his face to show his cheek  "Good, now i want a kiss for you to be fully forgiven." 

"What,n-now?!" Junhong's face becoming even more redder if that was even possible, he glanced around, seeing that there wasn't much people in the cafe.  

"Or I will continue being mad at you."  

Junhong sighed, leaning forward to plant a quick peck on the older's cheek. Youngjae smiled at him, looking all innocent like he wasn't being childish a few seconds ago. 

"Now, what should i order?" 

Junhong just stared at the other, feeling partly relieved and partly worried. Wasn't Youngjae all mad a few moments ago and now he's smiling at Junhong like nothing ever happened.  

"You were playing with me just now, weren't you?" Junhong accused. 

"What, no. I was mad, how dare you let some stranger get so close to you." 

Junhong looked down guiltily. 

"but I could never stay mad at you for long. Plus, you were cute when you're flustered. " Youngjae smiled. 

 

Junhong felt his heart flutter, the same feeling he had whenever the elder would say something really cheesy. What did he do to deserve the elder, he didn't know.

From the day he met the elder, he felt that things were going to be different and things definitely were going to be. He could feel himself becoming whole again, feeling better than he had ever felt in his entire life.

He was so glad that he decided to give the older a chance, so glad that Youngjae was persistent, so glad he risked his all for the elder. He had no idea what the older saw in him, but he was thankful that Youngjae did.

He was grateful for the other who changed his entire life ever since that day and honestly he felt indebted to him.  

 

"Hyung, thank you. I don't know how to ever repay you." 

"For what?" Youngjae asked confused. 

"For liking me."  

A light pink rose on the older's cheeks, "Why do you need to thank me for that, it's you who attracted me." 

Junhong decided that he liked that blush on the other's cheeks, "I still want to thank you, thank you for everything that you've ever done for me. Thank you for being persistent in chasing me, just thank you." 

"I..." The blush deepened on the other's cheeks, looking really cute and all.  

Junhong just wanted to reach over and squish the older's cheeks and coo over him. 

"Well, I'm glad you're happy, love" Youngjae cleared his throat, trying to appear all calm and collected though the tips of his ears are still red. 

Junhong beamed at him, "With you around, I really am," 

"Should I get a vanilla cookies and cream frappe?" Youngjae asked, brushing off the younger's declaration to try to contain his flustered self.  

“No! I mean, it's sweet, very sweet." Junhong said, "You'll probably won't like it." 

"Hmm, then a rose tea?"  

Roses Junhong thought back on to when they first met, and how the other courted him with it. He blushed a soft red, agreeing with the suggestion.  

 

Life is definitely full of ups and downs, no doubt Junhong's life is the same. Just that now with Youngjae, he has someone to go through those ups and downs with.

Someone to rely on, someone to love and be loved by. His demons were still there, still haunting him but he's willing to help himself for the elder, no matter how long and hard it takes, he's willing to.  

 

 


Thank you for reading! The ending was pretty rushed, i'm sorry bout that and i hope i didn't disappoint.