Tulip

Roses

Junhong walked into school, everyone's eyes on him. They started to whisper and Junhong could faintly make out certain words, mainly 'youngjae' and 'ex'.

He remained unbothered while walking down the corridor, he wasn't that affected by those words but the amount of people looking at him really set him off. 

 

Well, looks like you're the campus  

How nice and shameless of you to show your face around 

 

Junhong continued walking, his footsteps picking up pace as it was getting increasingly overwhelming to say the least.  

"Didn't expect the loner to be such a !" A nasally voice shouted. 

He stopped walking, somewhat recognising the voice, it was Min In. He turned back to see that indeed it was her. She had her hand against her hip, while being surrounded by the crowd, probably just hungry for some drama.

She held her head high as she walked towards him, stopping just a few steps away. 

"Finally, I'm able to explain why i was so cruelly dumped and it's all because of you. You seduced my man, made him fall for your stupid charms but too bad, your charms don't work and it ain't even lasting, now he's back with who he rightfully belongs to." Min In sneered at him, the crowd listening intently to whatever she was saying.  

Junhong wasn't going to just swallow down whatever bull the other had spewed out of .  

"It's my fault you got dumped? I'm sorry but I have nothing to do with you getting dumped, you getting dumped is your own fault." Junhong retorted. 

"Oh now you are saying it's my own fault when you are the one that seduced him, you . Haven't you got any shame." Min In scoffed. 

Junhong's eyes narrowed, feeling the annoyance surging in him. 

 

Youngjae was on his way to find Junhong when he heard the overly-cringy voice that spoke to him through the phone the night before. He turned around, trying to find the source of the sound.

He saw both Min In and Junhong stood, surrounded by a crowd. He immediately rushed to Junhong, internally praying that everything was ok though it definitely don't look that way. He reached the crowd to hear Junhong retorting.

He felt pretty surprised since he have never heard the younger ever being like this but his heart swelled with pride as he saw how Junhong was handling it pretty well. Min In looks pissed as . Looks like he didn't need to interfere yet. 

 

"Well, shouldn't you be the one without any shame? Crawling back to someone that supposedly cheated on you." Junhong smirked, feeling kinda victorious seeing the enraged look on Min In's face.  

"Crawling back? He was the one that begged for me to go back to him." Min In said with an almightly look on her face. 

"Really? you were the one that was clinging on to him yesturday, not the other way round." Junhong raise an eyebrow, looking at her knowingly. He could tell that the other was losing it, getting exposed and all. 

 

Min In suddenly walked towards him, holding her head down, hands travelling to her face. She stopped in front of him and looked up, her eyes red and teary. Junhong getting caught off guard didn't realise the hand that was rising up, reaching for his face.

He suddenly jerked sideways, turning in the process and he heard the unmistakably sound of a slap resonate through the silence of the corridor. He turned around to see Youngjae with his head at an angle and a shocked look on Min In's face.  

 

Youngjae turned, glared at her, "Stop doing whatever you are doing, it's ing disgusting." 

"What's ing disgusting is you cheating on me." Min In cried out. 

", i met Junhong long after we broke up, stop trying to get pity from other people by putting on such an act." Youngjae was infuriated, here comes her pretentious 'i need your pity' self.  

Min In was just sobbing uncontrollably right now. The crowd was pretty much silent, some glaring at Youngjae, some openly judging the girl while the rest had faces full of confusion, glancing to and fro.  

"Why are you being so cruel to me? I love you, I did so much for you. Come back to me" Min In sobbed.  

Youngjae rolled his eyes, "Stop being so ing dramatic."

Junhong stepped forward, holding on to Youngjae's wrist. Youngjae turned to see Junhong slightly shaking his head at him.

 Youngjae sighed and turned back to face the still crying Min In. 

"This is just a waste of time, don't bother either of us anymore." Youngjae said firmly before taking Junhong's hand, dragging him out of the crowd towards the roof. 

They settled down at their usual spot, leaning back against the wall. 

"Why did you stop me?" Youngjae asked, looking at the younger. 

"You were really harsh just now."  

"She wanted to slap you, who gave her the rights to use any violence." Youngjae explained. 

"And you took the slap for me, I'm sorry." Junhong looked at him with guilt in his eyes. He hesitantly brought his hand up, reaching for the reddened cheek.

He gently placed his hand on the older's cheek, feeling the heat radiating from under his palm. 

Youngjae nuzzled into his touch making Junhong blush, feeling that the older was being too cute for his own good. 

"Don't be sorry, it's okay." Youngjae murmured. 

"What if she continues to stir up trouble?" Junhong asked, thumb caressing the elder's cheek.  

"I really don't want to have anything to do with her anymore. She can do whatever she wants, i really can't be bothered with her." Youngjae replied, closing his eyes.

Junhong removed his hand, allowing Youngjae to scoot closer and lay his head onto his lap. He took Junhong's hand, guiding it onto his head, before closing his eyes once more.   

Junhong ran his hand through the black fluffy hair, feeling the older relax underneath his touch. 

"Youngjae, what are we exactly?" Junhong spoke softly, breaking the comfortable silence. Honestly up till now, Junhong is still unsure about their relationship, call him dumb but they never spoken about it, there was no clear cut area that they were in. 

He received a snore in reply. Junhong sighed before leaning down slowly, planting a peck on the older's forehead.  

"Aish, my legs will go numb." Junhong pouted to himself, leaning back against the wall, resuming his of the hair.