Rose

Roses

"Erm, I lost my student card, I was wondering if I could make a new one my name is Choi Junhong." He was currently in the administration office talking to the smartly dressed lady seated at the front desk.

"You're Choi Junhong? Your card was found and the person wants you to meet him at the rooftops at 2." the lady spoke.

"Er, why didn't he just pass it to you and at the rooftops, aren't we not allowed there?" Junhong was utterly confused, why go through so much trouble to pass a student card and more so at the rooftops.

Though he did went there, no one was allowed but the lock was broken for awhile now and nobody cared to fix it.

"I don’t know why either and for the rooftops, I don’t care and its none of my business either. I'm just here for the pay." the lady said while looking at her computer screen probably bored out of her mind.

"Erm ok,thanks" Junhong then headed for the exit, deep in thought while receiving a grunt from the lady.

Junhong still didn't get it, he was basically a loner, noone talked to him, more like he didn't want to talk to anyone so why was this one person wanting to meet him just to pass back his card.

He glanced at his phone, it was only 1pm so an hour more to go. He didn’t have a really good feeling about it though, his gut feeling told him that whatever he worked for is going to be crumbling apart.

 

Its 1.55

Junhong made his way up the stairs leading to the roof

Its 1.58

Junhong reached the top of the stairs, he opened the door and stepped into the afternoon sun.

Its 1.59

Junhong saw a figure facing the sun. The figure had shiny black hair, he wore a purple flannel and black jeans and was definitely shorter than he was but there was this aura of dominance that came from him somehow.

Its 2.00

The figure turned around revealing pretty brown eyes, a playfulness loosely veiled. A straight, sharp nose and a smirk ghosting on his lips.

 

Do you want the same thing to happen again

No? then stop it

 

Junhong snapped out of his awe and speechlessness(is this even a word?) and said, "the counter lady said you have my card, can I have it back?"

"Sure but on one condition." Youngjae walked towards him

"What, are you serious?" Junhong furrowed his eyebrows

"Yeah, go on a date with me and you can have your card back." Youngjae smirked.

"No," Junhong narrowed his eyes at him wondering whether this was all a joke. He honestly was shocked and kinda flattered but this person was being kinda ridiculous.

Youngjae's eyes widened, a gasp and a hand to his chest, "Wow, is this the feeling of rejection?"

Junhong resisted the urge to smile and instead scoffed, "Can I seriously have my card back?"

"No, not unless you go on a date with me."Youngjae went back to his playful demeanor.

Junhong sighed and proceeded to leave the roof not before Youngjae caught his wrist(woah the cliché)

"Stop it, stop being like this. We just met, you don't even know me."Junhong turned around, slowly getting annoyed.

"Well, I want to. Can't you give me a chance?" Youngjae held on tighter to the younger's wrist.

 

Tick tock tick tock  

Would you give him a chance? 

A chance to ruin everything you built? 

 

"Sorry, no" Junhong pulled his arm away from the other's grip, leaving the roof.

 

 

It was after class, Junhong was packing his things when a familiar face showed up. Junhong ignored him and continued packing his things, lifting his bag over his shoulder ready to leave the classroom

"Wait." A hand blocked his path, he looked towards the owner of said hand. "Here." A flower of some sort was given to him. It was a pink rose.

Junhong felt a blush slowly rise up. "Thanks, its really pretty" he accepted the flower, hands brushing against the other. Junhong was never given this much attention before, it felt so foreign, weird and he flustered at the touch.

"Glad you liked it." Youngjae was liking the fact that he made the younger blush.

"Why aren't you giving up?" Junhong found it weird when he so plainly rejected the other just yesterday and he's still here giving him a rose, trying to court him. That thought made him bite on his lower lip shyly.

"I still wanna try no matter." Youngjae smiled, finding the younger really adorable as his gaze travelled to the younger's lips

Feeling flattered was really an understatement right now for Junhong, he felt special, felt cared for.

 

You know what happened the last time. Hmm

Do you want a repeat of that?

 

"Stop it, im not interested."Junhong forced himself to look away from the other's gaze.

"I'm still going to try no matter how many times you stop me."Youngjae challenged.

"Fine, do whatever you want" Junhong huffed, turned and walked out of the classroom though still holding onto the rose

Junhong went to the bathroom, still holding on to the rose. His mind slowly becoming a jumbled mess.

 

What if he's being genuine?

 

What? Are you second guessing now?

 

He's still trying to court me even though I rejected him twice

 

And? Doesn't mean . He's just going to charm his way through, spit you out when he had his fun and then again you will be left broken.

 

I..

 

Speechless? Besides, who would genuinely love you. He's probably playing you

 

He's probably playing you

That reality jabbed into his heart like a knife.

 

Aw, don't get so heartbroken now. Where was the wall you built up? Don't tell me just a few words and a measly flower can make it crumble

 

Junhong steeled himself, washed his face, eyeing himself in the mirror. He left the bathroom, throwing the rose into the trashcan.