Moving In

Best Friends Drag You Out Of Bed™

Finding Seongwoo's apartment was a success thanks to Daehwi. He grudgingly charmed someone to show them the way. Samuel and Seongwoo were in awe of him. Daehwi still refused to talk to either of them. Instead, he communicated by using his cell phone.

"So Daehwi, how are you feeling today?" Samuel asked cheerfully.

'Betrayed,' Daehwi's phone displayed.

"What's your favorite color?" Seongwoo tried.

'Whatever color you hate.' 

"When will you start talking again?" This time Samuel was trying not to burst out laughing.

'When you stop this petty act.'

"What act? Seongwoo is my good friend!" Samuel glanced at Seongwoo. "Right?"

Seongwoo was quick to agree. He considered this so called Sammy good company. In fact, helping him was the best part of Seongwoo's day. It was interesting to be his sidekick. 

"How're you holding up back there Daehwi?" The eldest asked. Seongwoo had given Daehwi the task to carry the suitcases. 

'I'm not holding up, you first slice of bread in a loaf that nobody wants.'

"Ow, what a burn! Sammy help me!" Seongwoo latched onto Samuel's arm and pouted cutely.

Samuel gave Seongwoo a pat on the head. "There, there, Daehwi has said worse. Be glad you weren't there when he found out he was going to have to be by my side for a while." He gave Seongwoo his trademark smile.

'For the last time, I was surprised! I didn't mean half of the things I said that day!'

Ignoring Daehwi, Samuel spun his father's package on one finger. "Hey, Seongwoo hyung, what do you think is in here?"

Seongwoo thought for a moment. "Ice for healing our wounds Daehwi gave us." 

They both gave each other a high five and erupted in laughter. Daehwi began regretting his decision to communicate with his phone. Seongwoo and Samuel kept chattering away, not bothering to include Daehwi anymore. Great. Sometimes Daehwi forgot to think things through.

"Here we are!" exclaimed Seongwoo. "My new apartment building!"

"It looks…great," lied the prince. 

The building looked run down and not properly cared for. Its features were a bit unpleasant to be honest. 

'It looks like someone blindfolded themselves with the purpose to make the ugliest building ever.'

Samuel flicked Daehwi in the forehead. "Manners, Daehwi." He motioned to the door. "Let's go in, shall we?"

Kang Daniel felt irritated. His day wasn't going as he planned at all. The job he had was stressing Daniel to no end. Annoying customers, rude people, and whining students were always in his shop. He quickly rid his head of these thoughts. There was no time to think about his job.

Daniel focused on the note and the stuffed animal in front of him. Earlier he had found out from his landlord someone new was moving in today. He decided to welcome them with a dish of food or an object to make their new home more welcoming. When he got off from work, he decided to buy a stuffed animal from the Yuehua Gift Shop. Daniel felt as if Justin, the cashier, was laughing internally at him. Or he might just be paranoid. At the same time, it wasn't everyday that a grown man bought a teddy bear and stationary.

Now he wondered if the colorful stationary and the fluffy stuffed animal was too much. It was too late to turn back now. Daniel remembered when his neighbors welcomed him with a party at their place. They called themselves Nu'est and they were the extra of extra. (They threw him a party because he was moving in, what do you think?) He considered giving this present as passing along the good neighbor vibe.

Daniel smile at the thought of the memory. He began to scribble a few words onto the paper, but he determined his hand writing was too messy. The paper crumpled as he crushed it and threw it into his trash can. It was a good thing Daniel bought a whole package of stationary. He rubbed his face and started again. In the end, he wasted 1/5 of the paper. Satisfied, he folded the note and placed it next to the teddy bear.

"There. All finished." Daniel the stuffed animal's fur. He hoped the new neighbor would like it. 

"Are you kidding me?" Samuel's jaw went slack at the sight before him.

The apartment Seongwoo was renting looked terrible. Insects were littering the place, cobwebs hid in corners, and a thin layer of dust covered dark surfaces. Good thing they were only standing in the doorway.

"Nope, this is my new apartment!" Seongwoo replied. The peppy tone of his voice seemed forced. "It looks like it could use some tidying."

'It's just as unattractive as Seongwoo is.'

Samuel playfully shoved Daehwi. "Daehwi, be nice to my friend! He isn't THAT ugly is he? For example, I like his moles on his cheek, they're unique."

'No comment.'

"Ok, I'll get the bugs out of here. You guys can start dusting the dust," instructed Seongwoo.

'What are we even supposed to dust with?'

"Look for a disposable towel or something."

'Great. Thanks for that.'

"No problem!" Seongwoo scampered off before Daehwi could do anything else. Behind them, Samuel stifled his giggle.

Daehwi wheeled towards Samuel. 'This is all you fault we're in this mess!' 

The prince raised his hands in surrender. "What did I do?"

'You HAD to pull this stunt on me and now we're stuck helping some peasant move into an apartment!' If Daehwi's glare could hurt, the look he was giving Samuel was murdering him. 

"I have not the faintest idea what you are saying."

'YOU'RE SO FRUSTRATING! Let's dust some things and go to the festival.'

"Um, what are you talking about? Seongwoo hyung is going to take me to the festival!" Samuel stubbornly crossed his arms. "It's not like anyone was going to take me besides him."

Daehwi clenched his fists, but hid it from Samuel. He didn't want to make Samuel realize how unnerved he was.

"By the way, do you know where any paper towels are?"

Still not talking, Daehwi started to help Samuel look for paper towels.

A/N: I'm sorry it's so short! I'm out of town, please forgive me! I'll try my best to update soon! -Veil