Flurries

Best Friends Drag You Out Of Bed™

A/N: My heart hurts so much. I miss Hoya... *cries for the 124844838282756960403 time* ft. my semi-rant(?) at the end of the story. You don't have to read it if you don't want to. How many of you actaully listen to the links I provide? I won't get offended if you don't, haha. 

"We're so dead." Daehwi glared at Samuel. They boarded the gondola a few sconds ago, and the door just closed. "Seongwoo is suspicious of us now. I can tell."

Samuel chose not to respond. He was too busy admiring the view from the ferris wheel. 

"Samuel!"

Samuel rolled his eyes. "Lighten up, we're on a ferris wheel. This is supposed to be fun!"

Daehwi groaned. "You almost blew our cover."

"We'll be fine! I doubt he'll know who we are anyway. He's going to find out eventually."

"Ugh, why do I put up with you?" Daehwi slumped down in his seat. "We need to go back, pronto. Guanlin said the king, your father, is looking for us."

"He didn't say that exactly..." the prince thought about it for a few seconds. "Did he?"

"No, but he implied it! We were only going to go out to this festival, but we're in this mess now." Daehwi put his head in his hands. "What are we going to do?"

"Enjoy the wonderful scenery! It's really cool," Samuel said, looking out the window.

Frowning, Daehwi rebuffed all the pleas from Samuel to look out the window with him.

"Please, hyung?" pleaded Samuel. "I just want you to see it."

The elder softened at the honorific and allowed himself to be pulled on his feet. Daehwi was guided to the open window. Luckily, the flurries weren't obscuring much of the town.

A burst of chilly air hit Daehwi, and he unconsciously stepped closer to Samuel for warmth. 

"It's so beautiful." Daehwi stared at the gently falling snow. Some had latched itself onto Daehwi's glove and he wiped it off with Samuel's scarf.

"Hey!" Samuel hit his hyung playfully. "I demand respect."

"Whatever you say," grinned Daehwi.

Samuel pointed to the outline of the castle. "I can see my home!" 

"We're almost at the top of the ride," Daehwi informed Samuel. 

"Ooh, the view is going to be so awesome up there," Samuel said. He sighed contentedly. "Snow is amazing."

Daehwi hummed in agreement. 

They reached the top of ferris wheel soon afterwards. The scenery at the highest peak was so majestic. Both of them were in awe of the ethereal beauty of the town. They started descending down, the pair at a loss for words. 

Samuel looked at Daehwi. "Wow."

The ferris wheel stopped abruptly and they went to the exit. After the friendly worker that looked like an alpaca bid them a farewell, they found Seongwoo. He was waiting for them on the bench with Guanlin. 

"How was the ride?" asked Seongwoo. He tried to wipe the silly grin off of his face from the stranger.

"It was good." Samuel took a seat next to Guanlin. "Where's Jihoon and Jinyoung?"

"They let an elderly couple before them. They'll be getting on at the next stop," explained Seongwoo. He pointed the bakers out. "They're both too kind for their own good. We'll have to wait for them."

"We can wait, it isn't a problem," Samuel reassured Seongwoo.

Opening his mouth to argue, Daehwi was silenced with a stare from Samuel. Silently, he sulked down in the seat next to Samuel.

"I'm a little skeptical about waiting..." muttered Daehwi.

"Cheer up, we'll go home soon," said Samuel. He played with his scarf while talking to Seongwoo.

Seongwoo lifted his eyebrows. "You two live together?"

"Unfortunately," replied Daehwi while Samuel responded with a nod of his head. 

"I wouldn't have guessed," the oldest said. Interested, Seongwoo continued the conversation asking about other things. 

Daehwi looked around the festival from his spot. The atmosphere in the air was cheerful, and he liked that. People were beginning to head home. Some were clustering at the field with snacks and drinks to chat.

"Hey, Seongwoo, what's going on over there?" inquired Daehwi.

Seongwoo looked to where Daehwi was looking. "I don't know. Maybe a display or presentation of some sort. You can ask one of the staff members about it."

"When will Jihoon and Jinyoung get off the ride?" Samuel asked curiously.  

"Your ride took about five minutes, so I'm going to assume it's also five minutes for them," answered Seongwoo.

"Ok. Five more minutes until we can go home Daehwi," the prince said. "Hopefully my parents won't be mad about me getting home late."

"Do you have a curfew?" Seongwoo said, surprised.

Samuel's eyes darted away. "My parents are really protective." He refused to reveal anything more about the subject.

Guanlin watched, amused. The prince was really something. He didn't lie, but he didn't tell the whole truth either.

"Hey guys!" Jihoon ran to them, with his stuffed bear tucked securely in his arms.

"Hi!" greeted Daehwi. "Did you have fun on the ferris wheel?"

"Definitely!" Jinyoung exclaimed. "It was very enjoyable. We got to see the castle from where we were. I wonder if I'll ever visit the castle." He turned to face the castle's outline. 

Samuel gulped. The guilt was building in his stomach. He didn't even know why he was feeling guilty. It was probably because he didn't reveal who he was. At the same time, it was nice to hang out with people who wasn't put off by his status. Would they still be his friends even if he told them who he was?

"Samuel? We're leaving now." Daehwi stood in front of him with his hand outstretched. The crown prince took his hand and Daehwi pulled him up. 

The two of them walked together to the rest of their friends. They walked past the shopping booths, the games section, and many other stands. Two people at a game booth waved to the group. Jihoon and Jinyoung waved back.

Soon, they reached the exit of the festival. They all faced each other to say their goodbyes.

"Goodbye, I hope to see you guys again!" said the Jihoon. Jinyoung waved and said goodbye after him. Jihoon and Jinyoung left first. Jinyoung was still carrying the stuffed animal.

"I guess I'll see you around town, right?" Seongwoo said.

Samuel and Daehwi didn't have the heart to say that it was likely that they wouldn't see each other again. They said their goodbyes to him and Seongwoo set off for his apartment.

"Bye Guanlin!" Samuel said. He adjusted his cap.

"Ok, bye!" Guanlin walked behind a shop, but started following them again after he was sure they couldn't see him.

...

All of their schedules intervened the tightest on that winter day.

A/N: Where do I start...? So ever since Hoya left, I've been a little upset. I really wish him the best on his solo activities, I really do. But I'm feeling a bit sad that Infinite will never stand as 7 members again. I miss Hoya so much. OT7 will live in my heart. I'll treasure the days when Hoya was in the wonderful group called Infinite.

Don't get me started on the Carat problems. The arguing among us and the invasion of Dino's privacy... I feel so helpless. 

To top it off, I lost ALL my drafts of this chapter earlier. It disappeared. Poof. I don't know where it is anymore. So here is the chapter written in one day. I lost ALL of my other stories I started writing. This includes the Howons story. I'm lucky enough that I managed to have backups of some covers I made. I'm sorry for the delay in posting those. (THE HOWONS STORY WAS 2K WORDS ALREADY. TWO THOUSAND WORDS.)

On a positive note, Jung Sewoon debuted! His song, Just U is so catchy. Please support him! MXM deserves your love too~ 

If you guys want to watch a foreign romance film, may I suggest Kita Kita/I See You? It's SO good. The characters are from the Philippines and it has a mix of Tagalog, Japanese, and English (I can't remember if there's English, I'm guessing now.) in it. The lead characters are so soft, fluffy, and perfectly balanced?? How?? Tell me if you watch it and your reaction! 

So my week was really bad. How was your week? -Veil