Trapped!

Best Friends Drag You Out Of Bed™

Prince Samuel and Daehwi spent the next few days as they normally did. Little did they know that the kings were up to no good.

"No, place that camera over here!" King Jeonghan ordered his spouse in the spare room. "It needs to be here exactly."

"Wow, you're extra bossy today," grumbled King Seungcheol. Obeying his husband, Seungcheol put the camera where Jeonghan wanted it. "Is that all?"

"I think that's it." Jeonghan wiped his hands together. 

Seungcheol muttered, "I still think this is a terrible idea."

Jeonghan glared at him haughtily. "My plans always work. I can prove it when my ship sails."

"What does that even mean?" 

Jeonghan cleared his throat to respond, but Seungcheol cut him off. 

"Never mind, do not answer that."

A light rap on the door was heard. 

"Come in!" called Jeonghan.

Hansol, a butler, stepped into the room. "What time shall I send for Prince Samuel and Daehwi?"

Jeonghan though for a quick moment and said, "7:17 pm."

"Why is that time so specific?" Seungcheol wondered out loud. His husband looked at him, probably ready with a full on explanation. "That was rhetorical."

"Thank you your highness." Hansol left the room with a barely suppressed chuckle.

"Ooh, I can't wait!" squealed Jeonghan. "What about you?"

"I'm so enthusiastic," agreed Seungcheol. "Let's see what the kids are doing now."

...

The prince concentrated on pulling the toy block out of the tower without it falling. Because it was in an easy spot, Samuel didn't need to try as much.

"Be careful Sammy!" Daehwi said at random times to scare him.

Samuel bumped into the tower, but it stayed upright. He gave his best friend a look and triumphantly stacked the block on the top. 

"Beat that."

Daehwi made a funny face at his friend and started removing a wooden piece. This block was near the bottom and on the outside edge, so it was important to focus. Daehwi could feel his hand starting to shake. He wiped it on his clothes and continued.

It was almost out when Samuel quietly went beside him and whispered "Boo."

"Ah!" Daehwi's hand slipped and the tower of blocks came crashing down. "Sammy!" He tried to be all serious about it, but it was hard when your best friend was rolling on the floor laughing. "That wasn't funny!"

"I'm sorry Daehwi." Samuel wiped his eyes with his sleeve. "It was just hilarious to see you caught off guard."

After a few seconds, Daehwi joined into the laughter. "I suppose it was," Daehwi said. "We should go to sleep soon. King Seungcheol might get upset because we're playing a game of Jenga and not sleeping."

"But it's only 7:15 pm!"

"I know, but you're the prince. You're more important to me and the kingdom. You have to take care of your health." Daehwi fiddled with a Jenga block. 

"Then maybe in an hour," argued Samuel. "Is that alright?"

"That'll be fine."

"We should clean up now," Daehwi told the prince. "I would feel bad if one of the servants had to clean this mess up."

As they were cleaning up, Hansol entered the room. "Prince Samuel and Daehwi, please follow me to this room." He showed which one he was talking about on a map. "Let's go." The butler began striding ahead of the pair.

Samuel gave Daehwi a confused look. "We'd better follow him," the prince said. "I'm sure it won't take long."

They got up and trailed after Hansol. Soon, they were in front of the room the butler was talking about. Hansol opened the door for the two boys.

"Enter please," Hansol told them.

The pair obeyed and they didn't notice that Hansol locked the door after they went in. 

"I don't recognize this room," Samuel said. "It seems so off."

Daehwi nodded. "I haven't been in here either."

"Welcome!" a crackly voice from a hidden speaker boomed. "Hey Seungcheol, is this thing working?" More static was heard and finally it stopped. "You'd think being the king would entitle you to a well working microphone." Samuel and Daehwi heard King Jeonghan grumble. 

"I'm taking over now, you'll mess the system up again," King Seungcheol said. 

"It was an accident! I was leaning and I pressed the button!"

"The kids are still listening to us."

Samuel giggled. His parents were really funny.

"Anyway, you guys are stuck in that room until you figure out what we want at the very end. It's like an escape room!" said King Seungcheol cheerfully. "The first clue can be found on the brown table. I do hope that we didn't put any of the clues in the wrong place. Oh, if you want help just call press that red button by the door. We'll answer over the intercom, but I can't say we'll be helpful." He chortled. "Good luck!"

The speaker turned off.

Warily, Samuel and Daehwi looked at each other. 

Finally, Samuel said, "At least this is going to be interesting."