Well then

Best Friends Drag You Out Of Bed™

Samuel blinked his eyes open and scanned his clock. His dark brown orbs widened. It was past the beginning of his schedule! He jumped out of his bed and saw Daehwi sitting on his chair.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I'm late to everything! My parents are going to kill me!" Samuel scrambled to summon a servant to help him get dressed.

Daehwi smirked. "Don't get so worked up. King Jeonghan cancelled all of your plans for today to let you sleep in."

"Really!?" The prince would have jumped for joy if one of his servants was not dressing him. "But why?"

The older person just lifted his shoulders. "Ask him yourself."

"I'll do that later. Why are you in my room so early?" Not trusting his friend, Samuel squinted at him. 

Pointing his fingers to the package, Daehwi said, "To help you deliver the package. We'll say some servants gave it to us thinking we were the ones whom this was intended to. Alright?"

The prince nodded in agreement. "Let's eat first then give the package to the rightful owner. My dad can wait until after our meal."

When the pair finished eating, they took the box and gave it to King Seungcheol. 

"Ah, my order finally arrived!" The king ripped off the tape and removed the tissue paper covering what Samuel and Daehwi had handed over. He revealed some pasteries and bread rolls.

"That's it?" Samuel stared at the food, dumbfounded. "You mean we-I mean the servants had to give you food? Why couldn't you just ask one of the chefs to make all of this for you? I'm sure Mingyu would have made this for you even though he still has to work as a guard."

Daehwi considered hitting Samuel with a pillow for his slip-up. 

Samuel's dad laughed. "That bakery, ah what was it called? Um, I think it's Bakery 101 or something... But I know there's a 101 in there, but I don't know the actual name of the store. Anyway, I used to go there when I sneaked out of the castle. Their goods are so good!"

An awkward silence ensued.

"So was that a bad dad joke or...?" Samuel asked.

"Yup!"

"Your highness, we're going to let you eat in peace now. Enjoy!" Daehwi called over his shoulder.

"Are you leaving because of my joke?"

There was no answer.

...

A screech from the floor made Seongwoo frown. He had been trying to move his couch into the position he wanted, but it kept making loud noises from friction. Running his hand through his hair, he groaned out of frustration. Seongwoo looked around the living room to examine his handiwork so far. 

The coffee table was already set up, seats for relaxation were in their spots, a rug covered the bare floor, and a random assortment of trinkets were set on the table. A box with more furniture pieces and knick knacks took up some space in the corner. He'd have to set those things up later.   His phone buzzed in his worn pocket and Seongwoo read the message he was sent.

Unknown number: Hey! It's the person from the ferris wheel. I wanted to know if you still exist haha. Wait that sounds weird. Anyway, I'd like to know if you'd like to hang out sometime. Just tell me when and I'll be there. Oh that sounded so desperate. Well, contact me soon! -From, Ferris Wheel Boy

Seongwoo smiled. He wasn't the one to reach out first and dread looking like an idiot. The stranger's message was clumsy like a school girl confessing to her crush, but Seongwoo didn't mind. He started to type out a reply, however he wondered if replying immediately would make him look desperate too. So he put the phone down and resumed his work.

After he got most of the living room done and he had started some work on the kitchen's layout, Seongwoo allowed himself to text back. 

...

Daniel paced around his bedroom, frazzled. The text message he sent was a mistake! He was only fooling around with typing and adding negative comments to try to make them funny. Why did the send button have to be so close to the backspace button? Now the person he met would never answer his text. 

Daniel's bed creaked as he collapsed on it. Why was the world so intent on making him a laughing stock? He sneezed into his elbow and frowned. Great, he was getting sick too.

With a surprisingly loud sound, his phone signaled he had received a text message.

The boy gulped and hesitantly read the reply from the person he had met at the fair. His hands shook and Daniel sank into his pillows.

"Well, then," Daniel said to himself. "it looks like I have an outing soon."