Seven

Our Love Never Dies

After the movie is finished, Nayoung broke the silence. "Let's just forget about it, I mean that night."

 

Jieqiong wants to ask for her reason, but she's afraid it will cause more tension that it's already now. "Fine, so will we still be friends?"

 

"Of course, just be usual like before that happened, I'm tired of avoiding my favorite dongsaeng." Nayoung smiled and move closer to Jieqiong, hugging the younger one. 

 

"Yeah, me too unnie." Jieqiong burries her face into Nayoung's neck. 

 

Both of them fell asleep just like that. Not wanting to bring up the topic anymore. Their friends are glad they're normal with each other, they think that both of them have clear their feelings and dating each other but they're wrong. They're just having normal friendship without any romantic feeling. Everything is just fine until one day, Jieqiong is frustated by how Nayoung only looks her as a dongsaeng. 

 

Jieqiong decided to make Nayoung jealous by liking other boys, she has been dating twice, with Minghao and Junhui, but it seems like it didn't affect Nayoung. Of course it didn't affect Nayoung since Nayoung knows the two boys Jieqiong is dating are Jieqiong's cousin. Nayoung have seen three of them together in a family photo album when Jieqiong is just moving in and sorting her items. 

 

Getting more frustated by Nayoung, Jieqiong started to think that maybe Nayoung never like her. But being stubborn, Jieqiong decided do another trick. Chaeyeon, Jung Chaeyeon crossed her mind. She's her only friend which Jieqiong's college friends didn't know. Jieqiong only meet Jieqiong if both of their parents attend the same party. Jieqiong is close to Chaeyeon since they're in kindergarten but since Chaeyeon moved to Japan with her parents in highschool, Jieqiong never see her again. They only communicate through Skype once in a while, but the last time they talk, Chaeyeon told her she'll back to Korea for college but a different one with Jieqiong's. Chaeyeon is attending a prestigious college since her 'friend' is there. 

 

Jieqiong remembered that the 'friend' name is Heehyun, a rude senior in her highschool back then. But according to Chaeyeon, Heehyun is such soft fluff inside. Jieqiong called Chaeyeon whipped which making Chaeyeon whined in protest. Everytime it happens, Chaeyeon always shows Jieqiong the screenshot of their chat on how caring Heehyun was, not forget to show Jieqiong all the present Heehyun sent to Chaeyeon everytime. But when Jieqiong ask Chaeyeon about are they in a relationship, Chaeyeon puts on a sad face, saying maybe she's just Heehyun's favorite dongsaeng. 

 

Just when Jieqiong opened her skype, she saw that Chaeyeon is online. So she skyped her.

 

"Hey Chaeyeon, wassup?"

 

"Jieqiongg! What a coincidence, I just thought of skype you just now." Chaeyeon smiled her brightest smile to her friend. 

 

"Really? It's cool, actually I want to ask your help Chaeyeon." Jieqiong looks desperate. 

 

"What? I just want to ask for your skype too, it's not a coincidence, maybe it's fate." Chaeyeon playfully smirked at Jieqiong. 

 

"Not gonna have a fate with you, let's get to our point Chaeyeonie." Jieqiong quicky changes the subject because she knows that if they continue the topic, they'll end up chatting until midnight without actually bringing up what they want to say.

 

"Okay, since our college is not really far away, how about hang up once in a while in my place?" 

 

"Huh? It's not a help, it's just a hang out Chaeyeon."

 

"Well, actually we need to do couple things when we hang out, I need to make someone jealous." Chaeyeon pouted. 

 

Suddenly Jieqiong's mind clicked and she excitedly said "Heehyun? I thought both of you are already dating." Jieqiong teases Chaeyeon but then she continues "We have the same problem Chaeyeon, I need to make someone jealous too." 

 

"You have a crush on someone? How come you never told me Jieqiong, I feel betrayed." Cheyeon showed Jieqiong her betrayed face while playfully sulked. Jieqiong laugh at how childish Cheyeon is, then she tell Chaeyeon everything about Nayoung, including that night. 

 

"I don't expect you have done it, Jieqiong..." Chaeyeon shocked when Jieqiong told her about 'that'. 

 

"I know right, I just can't control myself anymore that night. I try to ask my cousin to help me but she's having no reaction. 

 

"Maybe she found out that they're your cousin and laugh her off because of how hard you try to make her jealous." Chaeyeon now having fun teasing embarassed Jieqiong. 

 

"Yah, don't make fun of me." 

 

"Okay then, so we need to prentend dating? To make them jealous?" 

 

"Yup, perfect. Should we start tomorrow?"

 

"Yeah. See you tomorrow Jieqiong-ie." Chaeyeon winks at Jieqiong. 

 

"Yah, don't wink at me Jung Chaeyeon."

 

"You should get used to it Jieqiong-ah. I'll flirt very much in our date."

 

"Fine then if it's like that." Jieqiong bit her lips and stare intensely at Cheyeon's lips. 

 

"Stop it Zhou Jieqiong! Don't stare at my innocent lips!!" 

 

"You should get used to it too Chaeyeon-ie."

 

Chaeyeon cuts off their skype and Jieqiong laugh at how adorable her friend is. Tomorrow will be such fun. 

 

--------------------------------

 

After the last class done, Jieqiong bids goodbye to her friends saying she has something to do then speed walks out from the class. Seeing her weird behavior, Nayoung followed Jieqiong. Jieqiong knows Nayoung is following her, her plan is going her way. 

 

Jieqiong meets Chaeyeon in a cafe near her college. They take a place near the window so that Nayoung and Heehyun could see both of them clearly. Yea, Heehyun is following Chaeyeon too because Chaeyeon never reject hanging out with her. Chaeyeon said she has plan today, but when Heehyun ask her, she just said that she's already late and then runs away from Heehyun. 

 

Jieqiong and Chaeyeon's order has come, a cup of milkshake and a plate of hotdog. Yes, they only order one of each because of they'll share. Both of them start feeding each other while eyeing the two people outside the cafe. Nayoung is sitting at the park's swing watching them while Heehyun is near the fountain. Jieqiong smirked at how jealous Nayoung's face was and so is Chaeyeon. An evil plan crossed Jieqiong's mind and she whispered it to Chaeyeon. Being a devil herself, Chaeyeon agreed to it. 

 

So Chaeyeon starts eating messily and Jieqiong act like she's about to lean in to kiss the sauce away but stopped by an embarassed Chaeyeon so Jieqiong just uses her thumb to wipe away the sauce from Chaeyeon's lips. Now both of them could see the anger in the eyes of Nayoung and Heehyun, thinking what they did is not enough, they continued their plan. Both of them lean in almost at the same time to reach the milkshare. Resulting their forehead bumped into each other and then they stare intensely while drinking the milkshare from their own straw. 

 

Finishing their 'date', they walk out from the cafe and hugged each other tightly before bid each other goodbye. When they finally parted, Jieqiong starts walking toward the park to find Nayoung, she'll just pretend that she meet Nayoung without knowing the older was there. 

Arriving in front of a 'stoned' Nayoung, Jieqiong greets her happily. 

 

"Unnie! What are you doing here?" Jieqiong ask a dumbfounded Nayoung. Nayoung tries to hide her anger and jealousy away because if she doesn't hide it, Jieqiong will know that Nayoung is following her like a creepy stalker. 

 

"Umm, just getting a fresh air? How about you?" Nayoung hoped that Jieqiong doesn't questioned her further. 

 

"Just meeting a friend." Jieqiong smirked, she could see jealousy in Nayoung's eyes. 

 

"A friend? Do I know him or her?" 

 

"Nope. And it's a her."

 

"Why don't I know her? I thought that I've known all of your friends?"

 

"Because she studied abroad and just comeback weeks ago for college, a different one from us. I usually communicate with her through Skype but now that she has comeback, I'd love to hang out with Chaeyeon-ie more often." Jieqiong smiled her widest grin. 

 

"Ohh.." Nayoung doesn't know what to say anymore, she's jealous. Jieqiong'd love to hang out with 'Chaeyeon-ie'.

 

Sensing Nayoung's jealousy, Jieqiong smirked and go to her next plan. 

 

"Bye unnie, I should go home now and make sure Chaeyeon gets home safely." Jieqiong walks away without offering Nayoung to walk back together even they're neighbors. 

 

Nayoung is surprised on how Jieqiong puts Chaeyeon over her. Jieqiong never did it before. Leaving Nayoung to walk home alone, the younger always waited for Nayoung even her class is over hours ago, just to walk back home together. 

 

------------------------------------

 

Jieqiong skyped Chaeyeon to ask her about Heehyun's reaction but the older girl is not online. Jieqiong waits for her until late at night but still, there's no sign of Chaeyeon. Feeling worried, Jieqiong called Chaeyeon's number. After six attempts, finally Chaeyeon picks up her phone. 

 

"God, Chaeyeon. Where have you been? Why don't you pick up my calls? I thought you were kidnapped or what!" Jieqiong shouts into the phone. 

 

"Aww relax man, I'm perfectly fine. But I don't think I could help you anymore Jieqiong-ah~" 

 

"What? Why?"

 

"Heehyun confronted me after our 'date' and then she angrily take my wrist and walks to her apartment. There she pinned me against the wall and kissed me and then..." before finishing her story, Chaeyeon is cut off by annoyed Jieqiong "Stop telling me your make out session and tell me what's the point."

 

"Okay so the point is Heehyun getting jealous and cursed you about stealing me and whatever, after that I told her our plans and she hit me in the head saying how dumb I was, really matched with my dumbface. She asked me to become her girlfriend which I happily accept so I'm taken now that I can't going on 'date' with you anymore, my 'still single friend' Jieqiong-ie." 

 

"How can it happened so fast for you? It's bot fair! Nayoung only said that she's getting some air and even not trying to question me when I walk home alone without her. Anyway, congratz." Jieqiong groans in frustation. 

 

"Maybe she's crying now, just go to her~"

 

"You and your teasing, just go taste Heehyun there." Jieqiong hangs up before Chaeyeon can protest. 

 

------------------------------

 

Next door, Nayoung is walking lifelessly to the couch. She keep thinking about Jieqiong, Jieqiong is just hanging out with her friend. She shouldn't feel like this. But again, do friends share their meal and drink with an extra close distance while drinking? Does Jieqiong liked Chaeyoon or Chaeyoung or Chae-whatever? Nayoung feels her eyes get teary just with the thought of it. That should be her is she's not being stubborn and all. Another flashback come to her mind while she's crying her heart out. 

 

-------------------------------

 

"Im Nayoung? Please come inside." The nursed waves her hand at Nayoung who's sitting in the waiting room. Nayoung walked into the doctor's office nervously, she's scared of the results. The doctor mentioned her to sit. 

 

"Nayoung, your result is out. Your heart condition is getting worse and worse. I'm afraid that you'll only have limited time to live."

 

The doctor's words hit Nayoung like a truck. She can feel her heart beating faster with a sting of pain. Then she remembered she's often sick when she was a child, the reason why her parents postponed her study in school for three years. 

 

"So, could I do anything? Or just I only have to wait for my death?" Nayoung asked desperately. 

 

"If you can find a heart donor and do a surgery, you probably will alive and live a happy live, Nayoung. But the problem is that heart donor is rare and even I put you in the list now you need to wait for years for your turn to get one." The doctor explains. 

 

"So if I get a heart donor and did a surgery, I will survive?" 

 

"Yeah, but the surgery is pricey too. So you not only need to wait for the donor, you also need to prepare money. I know it's hard for you to find those money alone, Nayoung."

 

Nayoung choked at how true the doctor's words is. She's just a highschooler with no parents, her part time job can only let her living normally without saving any money at all. Maybe she can save money but it's just a small amount, she needs to study so she can't do a proper job with proper salary. 

 

But with the hope that she can find a donor and maybe winning a lottery for her surgery, she's living until now. Having a normal college life and hoped that her heart can hang on. 

 

---------------------------------

 

Crying will just make her condition worse, Nayoung knows that. She could be just with Jieqiong, but the last time she contacted the doctor, there are still no donor for her, and she's not having enough money for surgery. If she's with Jieqiong, Jieqiong will suffer a lot when she's gone. She couldn't do that to Jieqiong, she can't let Jieqionf suffered because of her. So that's why they aren't together even though Nayoung knows exactly that Jieqiong  loves her.  She could feel her condition worsen everyday, and now seeing Jieqiong is happier with another girl (only once and not even sure about it) , she feels that her hope to live is slowly decreasing.