Two

Our Love Never Dies

After 2 hours of moving things, finally Nayoung and Jieqiong can grasp some breath. Both of them passed or in the couch, unconciously cuddling each other in their sleep. 

 

--------------------------------------

 

JIEQIONG's POV

 

Ah, I'm so hungry, wait, what is this? Oh , I'm cuddling with Nayoung! Is she asleep? Thanks god she's still sleeping, but look at her face, so cute, I wanna pinch her cheek... And her lips... I really wanna taste them... 

 

--------------------------------------

 

Jieqiong shocked at how her mind was imagining things about Nayoung. Feeling embarassed, Jieqiong carefully untangled Nayoung's hand from her waist, Nayoung lets out small sigh but still sleeping peacefully. Jieqiong looks at the clock, 22.18, great, now she skips dinner too and make Nayoung starve with her.

 

Being a good friend, last-6-hours-made-friend, she decided to make ramen for Nayoung and herself. Jieqiong walks to the kitchen and take two packs of Ramen, boiled the water and cooked the ramen. Adding kimchi, egg and beef her mom gave her make the ramen smell so good. Jieqiong really want to eat the ramen straight away, but being a behaved child, she walks to the living room to wake Nayoung up.

 

--------------------------------------

 

NAYOUNG's POV

 

Why am I sleeping here? Oh yes, I'm helping Jieqiong moving her things. I'm not sleeping with her right? I see nothing beside me so I assumed that I felt asleep alone and Jieqiong is kind enough to let me sleep. Wait, what smell is this? Ramen? Wow smells so good! I'm really starving.

 

"Oh? You're awake!" Jieqiong happily said.

 

"Umm, sorry, I felt asleep.." I'm really embarassed at myself.

 

"Never mind, I felt asleep too." Jieqiong smirked and then she continues "Sleeping beside you feels good Nayoung-ie~" And now she winks at me.

 

Oh no, no no no, I sleep with her, I must be cuddling her!! It's my old habit, always cuddling into anything beside me when I'm asleep, she must be feeling uncomfortable, oh my god what should I do? 

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I mean it's my habit..." I'm really nervous but Jieqiong cut me.

 

"Hey, come on it's nothing to sorry about, besides, your hugs make me feel loved! Come on let's eat ramen, you must be hungry." 

 

I choked at the statement 'make me feel loved' but then Jieqiong links her hand with mine and takes me to the kitchen.

 

"I made it myself, have a taste!" Jieqiong smiled at me with her widest grin, she unlink her hand with mine and I feel empty. Why am I feeling like this? I shouldn't be like this! Ignoring those thoughts, I take a seat beside Jieqiong.

 

"Thanks for the food." I smiled at Jieqiong.

 

"Itadakimasu~" Jieqiong happily said and start eating her ramen.

 

After 2 minutes of eating, Jieqiong breaks the silence.

 

"Nayoung-ie, we're friends now right? Can we be close friends since we're neighbours and I really comfortable with you! Tell me more about yourself pleasee~" Again, Jieqiong use her aegyo.

 

"Yeah, of course. But I don't know how to start it." I'm still shocked at Jieqiong's words. Man, she's so straight forward. Does she always gets what she wants with her aegyo? Well, who won't fell for it?

 

"Umm maybe our age? So that we can tell who's the unnie! But I got a feeling that you're older than me"

 

"I'm 95 liner and you're 98 liner so you can tell who's older" 

 

"What?! I just think that we're the same age and about to ask you about your date of birth, unnie~"

 

"Why did you think we're the same age?" I frowns.

 

"Aigoo are you always this blank, unnie? We graduate in the same day it means we're in the same level so that means we're in the same age!" Jieqiong giggles at me.

 

"I'm late 3 years getting into school, that's why I'm older and still in the same level with you." 

 

"Why is it unnie? Are you dumb or what?" Jieqiong let out a big laugher but I get it that she's just joking with me.

 

"Yah! How rude are you! I get into Pristin by scholarship!" Realizing that I just said that I'm not one of the rich kids, I feel regret come. I expect Jieqiong will look down on me but no, she's smiling even more brightly.

 

"Unnie!! Fantastic! You must be very smart! Only the smartest in the town can get into Pristin by scholarship!! You're so amazing Nayoung unnie!" Jieqiong looks at me impressed.

 

Wait, she doesn't look down at me? But why?

 

"Umm, you don't look down at me?" I find myself asking that question out loud.

 

Jieqiong looks confused. "Why must I look down on you unnie? You're very smart, genius maybe!"

 

"But that means I'm not as rich as you guys."

 

"That doesn't matter to me! You look amazing with your scholarship! What is it the matter?"

 

I'm speechless, is she from Pristin? Why is she so different? I've heard that there are a group of most influential kids in Pristin who never look down on scholarship kids once, but at that time I already decided to cut off any contact with any students. I feel scared to be bullied and look down to, so I never find out who's those people are. But here is one of them, Jieqiong, sitting beside me and cooked ramen for me, saying I'm amazing because I get into Pristin by scholarship.

 

--------------------------------------

 

JIEQIONG's POV

 

Why is Nayoung unnie become quiet? Did I say something wrong? 

 

"Unnie~ Hello? Are you there unnie?" I waved my hand in front of Nayoung's face.

 

"Umm, yes I'm here eating ramen with you." 

 

"You're so cute." I mentally slap my face when I find myself saying that out loud. 

 

"Huh? What did you said?" Nayoung looked confused.

 

"Nothing~ By the way why are you late 3 years unnie? You're so smart! You can skip 3 years, not late 3 years." My curiousity starts to take place as always, I'm such a curious type.

 

Nayoung hesitates for a while and said "I-I don't really want to talk about it..."

 

"Oh that's no need to answer then unnie, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." I feel guilty after seeing her face become gloomy, it seems like she's remembering something bad from her past.

 

"It's okay, I didn't mind. Thanks for the food Jieqiong-ah, I think I should go back, it's late already. I don't wanna disturb you. You should take some rest." Nayoung said in a motherly way, making me let out a chuckle. Nayoung seems realize about this.

 

"Why are you laughing? Is it funny?" And now her face become so funny when she questioned something.

 

"Aniya unnie~ You're just like my mom~ But can you stay for a while unnie? I can't sleep right away after eating food, can we chat until I feel sleepy?" I used my best puppy eyes to beg her staying with me.

 

"Fine, let's go to the living room then" 

 

I smiled at Nayoung and links my hand with her, interwining our fingers, it fits so perfectly that I think that we're puzzle pieces which are meant together. Arriving at the living room, I can see there's are too many things around, too messy to have a comfortable chat.

 

"Let's go to my room instead, it's too messy here unnie." I dragged Nayoung to my room before she can even say a word.

 

--------------------------------------

 

NAYOUNG's POV

 

What's wrong with this girl? Her room? My mind will be running wild if I get into her room with her. Alone. Just both of us. It's just our first day become friends and hell it's not even 12 hours!

How if things go wrong? How if I say something I shouldn't say because I can't control myself? How if she hated me? How if she know that my heart beats fast when I'm with her? I should remove this thoughts now! Her room is just inches away!!

 

We entered her room, her room is very neat, with pink wallpaperand pink bedsheet snd pink pillow and pink cupboard and pink desk, hell, almost everything are pink!

 

"I still haven't move anything into my room, that's why it's so neat. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow."

 

"I'll help you." 

 

"You will? Wow thanks unnie! You're the best!!"

 

Jieqiong faced me and hugs me so tight. I can feel me heart beats several miles per hour! Her hugs feels so warm and comforting. I hug her back after a while and both of us just standing in her bedroom hugging each other. Jieqiong rests her head in my chest because of our height difference. I hope she didn't hear my heartbeat or I will be damned.

 

Jieqiong then pulls away from me and I feel empty, again. She walks to her bed and sits down, she tapped the space beside her and gestured me to sit beside her. I sit down obediently and look at her.

 

"So what do you want to chat about?" I try to keep my cool to hide my fast beating heart.

 

"Can you tell me which college are you going unnie? I want to know if we go to the same college by chance!" Jieqiong looks at me with hope. 

 

"I don't really think we can go to the same college, I'm going to a normal college, not luxurious one Jieqiong-ah."

 

"But I'm going to a normal college too!"

 

"What? Why? Aren't you rich?"

 

"Unnie! Stop talking about my family's wealth! I'm moving here because I want to have a normal life, go to normal college and work part time job as everyone would."

 

I get shocked by what Jieqiong has just said. But I just go with the flow and keep my cool even I have so many question to what she just sakd. Well, she's sure weird rich kid who didn't want to be rich and try to be a normal kid.

 

"Huh? You're so weird Jieqiong-ah. I'm going to IOI University by the way." 

 

"IOI? I'm going there too unnie!! I'm taking dance major!" Jieqiong looks like an excited puppy now. How cute.

 

"Really?! I'm taking dance too!" I feel excited too honestly, but 3 years of not having any expression making it not really expressive like Jieqiong.

 

"Then we can be best friends!" Jieqiong scoots closer to me.

 

"Well I hope so too."

 

We chat about the school for a while and both of us fell asleep in Jieqiong's bed. Cuddling and dreaming of each other. My college days will be amazing. A normal college life with a normal neighbour and normal friends. That's what I dream about. I wonder what's Jieqiong's is.