Four

Our Love Never Dies

Finally it's the first day of college, Nayoung happily change into her favorite set of cloth and applying her usual vanilla scented perfume. After ensuring she's taking everything she needs, Nayoung skips out from her apartment happily. At the bus stop, she is greeted by her friends Chungha and Sejeong, both of them are waiting for the bus while flirting with each other. It's a usual sight for Nayoung, both of them are always extra touchy with each other but none of them want to admit that they have feelings for each other. They said that they are only same-aged-bestfriend so they get along well. Nayoung doubts it either, because everytime the one of them initates skinskip too much with other people, the other one will get jealous and avoid each other. After a few days, they'll forget about that and be all flirty and touchy again.

 

"Hey lovebirds!" Nayoung greets them.

 

"Oh hi Nayoung-ie!" Chungha and Sejeong greeted Nayoung back at the same time and none of them denied that they're lovebirds.

 

"Where's Doyeon and Yoojung?" Nayoung asked. She's confused why both of the younger ones don't appear. They're not people who usually get late.

 

"Maybe they decided to postpone their college to next year." Sejeong laughs but Chungha smacked her head.

 

"Shut up, they're coming, look." Chungha pointed at two bodies that coming over them. But it's a little weird, it seems like one of them is not walking properly that the other need to support the one. After they're closer, the unnies can see that Yoojung is limping and Doyeon is supporting her. The three of them run to Yoojung and Doyeon.

 

"What the hell happening to you?!" Chungha exclaims. She sounds worried, Chungha always look at Yoojung like a baby because Yoojung is actually a baby too.

 

"Your favorite dongsaeng tripped over a stone and fall straight to the pavement fantasticly while hurting her ankle in the process of falling acrobaticly." Doyeon said in amused tone.

 

"Yah! It's not my fault. I don't see the stone." Yoojung pouted. Doyeon is always teasing Yoojung, but deep down everybody knows that Doyeon really treasures Yoojung, she just don't show it often. According to Nayoung's theory, both of them do have feelings with each other but tragicly like Chungha and Sejeong, none of them want to admit it.

 

"So the stone are supposed to see you walking over him and move itself?" Doyeon sarcasticly asked Yoojung.

 

"Don't bullied my dongsaeng you devil!" Chungha said to Doyeon.

 

"Are you okay? Can you still attend college?" Nayoung asked Yoojung.

 

"It's okay unnie, it's my first day and I want to attend college. Doyeon will help me, don't worry unnies." Yoojung calmly said.

 

Before any of them can respond to Yoojung, the bus arrived and the five of them get into the bus. They sit at the last row and happily chatting with each other about their plans in college.

 

Meanwhile, Jieqiong just wake up from her sleep. She forget to set up an alarm yesterday. She looks at the clock, only 30 minutes left for class. Jieqiong quickly take a short bath and grab anything to dress herself. Getting ready in 15 minutes, Jieqiong take her car key and drive to college.

 

Jieqiong is running in the hallway. Well, it's still 5 minutes to class but she doesn't know where her class is, so she is running around searching for her first class. English class. Untill she bumped into someone while running.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm searching for my class, I don't know where it is." Jieqiong said quickly, she's still panting from the run.

 

"Jieqiong?" Some familiar voice asked her.

 

"Yebin? What the hell are you doing here? Aren't you going to the same school with Siyeon and Eunwoo?" Jieqiong asked her in surprise. Yebin is her friend, best friend, in highschool. Both of them with Eunwoo, Siyeon, and Yebin's 1 year older gilfriend, Minkyung are the most popular group back in Pristin.

 

"I'm j-just.." Before Yebin can finish her sentence, here comes other two people.

 

"Yah, where are you going to Yebin? We searched you everywhere, come on class is starting in 3 minutes." Eunwoo shouted. She's ready to drag Yebin to class before she look at some familiar angry face, Jieqiong.

 

"Umm hi Jieqiong.." Eunwoo say in low voice.

 

"The hell are the three of you doing here? Aren't three of you supposed to go to those luxurious college?" Jieqiong asked in disbelief she would see her three bestfriends here.

 

"Hey chill, we changed our mind last minute and decided to attend here like you. Besides, Yebin wants to see her senior girlfriend more often." Siyeon smirked at Yebin, resulting her head smacked by embarassed Yebin.

 

"So why the hell didn't you guys tell me? I feel betrayed." Now Jieqiong is pouting, she's mad at them of not telling her but she's happy too because her bestfriends come to the same college with her, that means she won't be alone.

 

"We're going to surprise you but it seems like we're meeting too quickly." Eunwoo smiled at Jieqiong. Jieqiong rolled her eyes in respons but hug three of her bestfriend in a group hug.

 

"I know I'm not fun to ruin this moment, but class in starting in 1 minute, come on let's go together since we are all in the same class." Yebin said.

 

The four of them get into class just few seconds before the teacher enters. They sit at the back since the other seats are already occupied. The class started and Jieqiong looks at her classmates, there are so many unfamiliar faces until she spotted one familiar figure. But Jieqiong couldn't tell who, because it's only her back that Jieqiong sees.

 

Every class seems like happening very fast. It's lunch time already. Jieqiong walks with three of her bestfriend to the cafetaria. The cafetaria is so crowded that they split into two groups. Eunwoo and Siyeon will be buying them food while Yebin and Jieqiong will search for a place to sit. As soon as Eunwoo and Siyeon walks away, Yebin and Jieqiong start looking for empty table. Most of the table are full until someone tapped Yebin's shoulder.

 

"Unnie!!" Yebin jumps in joy seeing her girlfriend. It's already a few weeks last time they saw each other. Well because they live in the different part of the city when Minkyung graduate highschool year ago and go into college while Yebin is still in her last year.

 

"Hey Yebin, hey Jieqiong, come sit here I've take place for us. Sorry for not meeting you guys in the morning. Our class is so far away and I've only got 5 minutes left since I wake up late today." Minkyung said in apology.

 

"It's fine for me unnie, it's this whipped puppy who pouted in every class and whined on how much she miss her girlfriend." Jieqiong rolled her eyes playfully.

 

"Don't embarass me you devil!" Yebin slapped Jieqiong's shoulder because she's embarassed, but Minkyung finds it cute and wrapped her arms around Yebin's waist. Yebin smiled at Minkyung and put her hand in Minkyung's neck.

 

"Oh my god, don't be all touchy infront of me." Jieqiong complains to the lovebirds infront of her.

 

Before Yebin nor Minkyung can tease Jieqiong that she's just jealous because she's single, Siyeon and Eunwoo are back with foods.

 

"Oh hi Mikyung unnie, we don't know you'll join us for lunch. We didn't buy yours." Eunwoo said apologetically.

 

"Never mind, I'll share with Yebin. You don't mind right Yebin-ah?" Minkyung winked at her girlfriend.

 

"Yeah, I won't mind." Yebin answers.

 

"But I do mind. Both of you will be feeding each other foods and be gross infront three of us!" Siyeon complains.

 

"Then let Eunwoo feeds you and you won't mind at us again." Yebin smirked. Eunwoo and Siyeon's face are really red for now, they decided to just be silent and eat their food peacefully ignoring the lovebirds.

 

Jieqiong is happily eating her burger when she spotted some familiar figure, it's the one in her english class. When the figure is closer, she recognize it as Nayoung, her neighbour. She seems like looking for a table. Being a Jieqiong, she stands up and shouts to greet Nayoung.

 

"Nayoung unnie!" Jieqiong shouts in the crowded cafetaria, some of the students look at her weirdly. Hearing the name Jieqiong shouted, Minkyung choked on her food. Yebin worriedly patted her girlfriend's back and offering her water.

 

Nayoung hears somebody calling her name so she turned away and spotted Jieqiong. She's super excited for seeing her crush, but she keep her cool so she won't look too excited. Nayoung walks to Jieqiong's direction, she sees Jieqiong is eating with her friends. One two three four and five including Jieqiong. Their faces are all unfamiliar for her, but one of them caught her eye. Could it be? No, it's not her. Nayoung shooed the thoughts about that person away and greeted Jieqiong, she hoped that that person is not the one who is sitting beside Jieqiong.

 

"Hey Jieqiong." Nayoung greets Jieqiong, trying not to look at the person beside Jieqiong.

 

"Unnie, let's sit with us. Here's my bestfriends, this is Eunwoo, Siyeon, Yebin, and Minkyung unnie! I hope you'll get along well with them." Jieqiong said eagerly but she didn't expect Nayoung to show a shocked face. Nayoung is staring at one of her friends, Jieqiong follows Nayoung's gaze and it landed on Minkyung, who's staring at Nayoung too.

 

"Hi, long time no see." Minkyung said to still stoned Nayoung.

 

"You guys know each other?" Siyeon asked.

 

"Yeah, we're friends." Minkyung said in a low voice.

 

"So why don't you ever introduce her to us?" Yebin asked but before Minkyung can answer her, Nayoung quickly said "I'm sorry but my friends are calling me, nice to meet you all." Nayoung walks away just like that. How the hell is she entering the same college with Minkyung. She knows that Minkyung attend a normal college but she didn't expect this one. She feels regret not to ask Minkyung which college she attend to when Minkyung texted her she got accepted to a normal college. She just doesn't know how to face Minkyung when the memories with her is still so vivid. To make it worse, she's also in the same college with Yebin, even in the same class since she saw that girl leaving the english class this morning to go to the toilet. On top of that, both Yebin and Minkyung are Jieqiong's bestfriend. Have Minkyung tell their stories to her group of friends? Will Jieqiong asked Minkyung anything? Will Minkyung tell Nayoung's secrets to her friends? Nayoung knows that Minkyung probably won't do that since Minkyung is trustworthy even after their breakup, Minkyung always try to be a good friend but Nayoung never want to tell her anything anymore.

 

Watching Nayoung slowly disappeared in the crowd, Jieqiong looks at Minkyung, asking for explanation. The same goes to the rest of the group, demanding answer from a silent Minkyung.

 

"Don't stare at me like that guys, I don't know too. We're friends but something happened to us so that we're very awkward now. Honestly, I don't really want to tell it since I've promised Nayoung not to say anything about us and forget it." Minkyung raps in a fast pace.

 

"Okay, we won't bother you. Since now she's friend with Jieqiong, I think she'll join our group soon." Eunwoo states. Jieqiong looks like in a deep thought. Minkyung promised Nayoung not to say anything about them? What happened between them? Are they ex-es? Jieqiong begins to plot some scenario in her head but Siyeon interupted her.

 

"Jieqiong, stop daydreaming and eat your food. Next class is starting in 10 minutes and this class is quite far away."

 

They finished their food and walks to the next class with Jieqiong still plotting things abstractly. Minkyung looks normal, flirting with Yebin all the way to Yebin's class before going to her own class. But deep down, she's worried how to face Nayoung. She's still want to be her friend, but Nayoung seems so stubborn. It's been years and Nayoung is still ignoring her. Sometimes she'll send long texts to Nayoung only to be read or replied with simple "Ok", "Wow", "It must be fun", "Ooh", "Congratz". Well, she's not giving up this easily. She'll make Nayoung comfortable around her.

 

On the other hand, Nayoung is cursing how reality is not fair and trolled her. But finally she gives up and hoped that the awkwardness between her and Minkyung will fade. She really miss Minkyung. Well, she doesn't have any romantic feeling towards her now, but she missed her bestfriend.

 

After few hours of classes, finally they can go home and take a rest. Nayoung walks out from her class and walks to the bus stop with her friends. While waiting for the bus infront of their college gate, she saw Jieqiong and her friends walked to the car park. Jieqiong is getting into a nice sport car with her friends, it seems like it's Jieqiong's since Jieqiong get into the driver sit. Nayoung saw Minkyung too getting into Jieqiong's car. Nayoung is staring at the car when Sejeong drag her into the bus since calling her name didn't move Nayoung a bit. Sejeong thinks that she must be deaf so she decided just to drag the stone into the bus.

 

Nayoung walks to her apartment room with her friends. They decided to hang out in Nayoung's place watching movies. As soon as Nayoung reach her door, Jieqiong and her friends arrived too, seems like they're hanging out in Jieqiong's place.

 

"Nayoung unnie, what a coincidence. Are they your friends?" Jieqiong pointed at Nayoung's friends.

 

"Yes, they're Chungha, Sejeong, Yoojung, and Doyeon. They're my bestfriends and co-workers at the cafe." Nayoung said while her own friends are eyeing her, maybe asking who the hell is pointing at them excitedly.

 

"This is Jieqiong, my neighbour guys, and here's her friend." Nayoung trying to remember Jieqiong's friends name for a while before continuing "Eunwoo, Siyeon, Yebin, and... umm Minkyung." Nayoung said Minkyung name is extremely small voice but still audible.

 

"Hey, since we're going to have similar things to do let's go watch in my place." Jieqiong pointed at the DVD in Yoojung's hand. All of them agree so they end up watching movies in Jieqiong quite large apartment. After the movies end, they introduce themselves and chat to know about others better. Unexpectedly, all of them get along nicely. They even joked around now.

 

The ten of them soon merge their group into one. Hanging out together and do other college stuffs together. The awkwardness between Nayoung and Minkyung slowly disappeared and now they can joked with each other freely. Much to Minkyung surprise, Nayoung is very open to her now, Nayoung start telling Minkyung her worries, even it's only about the college stuffs, Minkyung is happy. Nayoung is happy too, because she can tell her worries to someone now, not that she can't share it with Chungha or Sejeong since Yoojung and Doyeon are too young for have a serious chat, but Chungha gets worried easily that she didn't want to burden Chungha and Sejeong only make thing worse. Minkyung gives her the right answer and solution to her problems, Minkyung can always understand what's the best for her. That's why she loves sharing her problems with Minkyung, maybe she'll tell Minkyung soon about her crush.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author note : Is it too boring guys? I think I make things happen too slow? Please comment if you guys think so. You guys can comment your suggestion for the next chapter too if you want. I'm sorry if this fic is not good enough ^^