Three

Our Love Never Dies

Jieqiong wakes up in the morning and find out that she's sleeping with Nayoung with Nayoung's hands wrapped around her waist. Tightly. She burries her face into Nayoung's crook and inhaling her scent. Nayoung smells like vanilla, it's really intoxicating that Jieqiong doesn't want to move away from Nayoung. After a while, Jieqiong move back a little so that she can watch Nayoung's sleeping face. Cute. Jieqiong thinks, how can someone be so cute when sleeping. While admiring Nayoung's beauty, Jieqiong can feel Nayoung's hands move, Nayoung's hands move to Jieqiong's back and start drawing circles. It seems like Nayoung is having a dream.

"Don't go, please..." Nayoung mumbles in her sleep.

Jieqiong frowns, is she dreaming? Or she's asking me to not leave her sleeping alone? After hesitating for a while, Jieqiong decided to wake Nayoung up.

"Nayoung-ah, wake up, it's already morning." Jieqiong said in soft voice.

"Unngg... No, I don't wanna." Nayoung grumbles.

Jieqiong finds it cute but she doesn't want to kiss Nayoung in the lips when they just met less than 24 hours ago so she pinched Nayoung's cheek.

"Auch! It hurts!" Nayoung's eyes jolt open.

"Wake up sleepyhead, I'll make breakfast for us." Jieqiong walks away before sleepy Nayoung can process whatever is happening.

In 15 minutes, both of them already sit in the kitchen table, ready to eat their cereal. Jieqiong offers Nayoung cereal for breakfast because she hasn't have any chance to go to the supermarket to buy things. For extra, there are the apples Nayoung gave her yesterday. Both girls eat the cereal in peace until Jieqiong has finished her bowl of cereal and move to the apple. She's taking a knife from the drawer and looks at the apple for a while before start trying to peel the apple. Nayoung has watched Jieqiong's every move secretly because Jieqiong's way of holding a knife is a little weird.

"Ouchh!!" Jieqiong winched in pain. The knife should be used to peel the apple's skin, not cutting Jieqiong's thumb. But Jieqiong never peels apple before, she always had her apples peeled and she just need to digest them.

"Oh gosh, are you okay?" Nayoung sounds worried.

"It h-hurts.." Jieqiong's voice is starting to crack. She's going to cry soon but she held it in. How can she cry because of a small cut in the thumb infront of the person she just met few hours ago? It's too embarrasing, but still it hurts. Jieqiong never get hurt before since her parents took a really good care for her. They always prioritise her safety, her skin is rarely exposed, she's always wearing long sleeves with stockings. Maybe that's why she has a really pale skin without any scar. When Jieqiong is 16, she frequently complained to her parents about why should she wear such clothing. She wants to wear mini skirt and tank tops, like how the fashion is back at that time. Her friend teases her because she's always wearing those clothes. But her parents said that she can be free choosing her clothes when she graduated from high school, it means now. She's super excited that she asked Eunwoo to help her buy lots of trendy clothes. Now, she's feeling pain for the first time, her hand is cut by a knife. A knife which her parents won't let her near because they said it's dangerous.

"Where did you put your medicine box, Jieqiong-ah?" Nayoung asked, she's very worried with Jieqiong, it looks like a deep cut. Actually it's just a small cut but Nayoung extraggerates things since it's Jieqiong who get hurt.

"I-in the drawer next to my b-bed.." Now Jieqiong's tears started to fall. She doesn't like the pain, it's very disturbing, she just sits,watching Nayoung rushing to her bedroom and hope Nayoung can heal her wound.

"Let me see." Nayoung take Jieqiong's wounded hand. After examining it for a while, she says "It'll be okay in a day if we put the antiseptic."

"O-okay" Jieqiong sobs.

"Don't cry, the hurt will gone soon." Nayoung uses her thumb to wipe away Jieqiong's tears. And then she put the antiseptic in Jieqiong's cut.

"Aah!! It hurts more!!!" Jieqiong shrieked, the pain is doubled now.

"It's okay, it is just for a while, hang on." Nayoung reassured her. Because Jieqiong is still crying, Nayoung wraps her arms around Jieqiong, embracing her. Maybe this will comfort her a bit. Nayoung thinks.

After a while, Jieqiong stop crying but her head is fixed on the floor, unable to look at Nayoung's face. She's embarassed, how could she cry because of a small cut? She's not a child anymore, she's 19 now. But she can feel Nayoung is watching her, maybe waiting for an explanation why she's such a crybaby.

"I'm s-sorry." Jieqiong speaks out finally after 2 minutes of silence.

"Why are you sorry? Does it still hurt? I'll wrap your thumb with the band-aid now since it's dry already." Nayoung reach for a band-aid in the box and gently stick it on Jieqiong's wounded thumb.

"Thankyou. I'm sorry for such a crybaby, it's the first time for me to feel such pain."

"First time? You mean first time bleeding?"

"Yeah, it's the first."

"Wow you take a good care of yourself. I've feel those kind of pain so many times when I was a kid" Nayoung chuckles.

"My parents do take a good care of me. They really love me that they don't want me to get hurt."

"They sure did a good job. So since it's your first one, let me tell you something you need to know. Don't let you wound contact with water until it's fully recovered, because it will make it hurt if so." Nayoung feels like she's talking to a kindergarten who just fall in the playground and hurt their knee. But much to her surprise, Jieqiong believes her.

"Thanks agaian Nayoung unnie, I'll keep that in mind."

"By the way, why are you peeling your apple? You don't eat it unpeeled?" Nayoung curious, because she always eat apple with it's skin, not peeled.

"Actually I don't know, my parents always peeled it for me, they said that the skin is not delicious. But I think I'll eat it unpeeled this time since I think that I'm not great in peeling them." Jieqiong looks sad.

"I can peeled it for you if you want." Nayoung reach the apple and a knife, skillfully peeled them. She cut the apple in small piece and feeds one to Jieqiong.

"Say a-ahh..."

Jieqiong's cheeks reddened but she opened anyway. Wow the apple tastes really good, especially when it's peeled by Nayoung and she's fed by Nayoung. Jieqiong beams her widest smile to Nayoung as her silent thankyou.

Feeling satisfied with Jieqiong's reaction, Nayoung keeps feeding her the apple. They chat again while doing so and Jieqiong tell Nayoung that she never did any heavy jobs, her life is just playing and studying, she's just having fun with her life without any worry. Nayoung teases Jieqiong for being such a princess. Jieqiong did the most of the storytelling, she tells her about her future plans in the college, about finding a boyfriend which made Nayoung jealous but of course she doesn't show it, how can she show it to Jieqiong when she herself is in a war with her thoughts. She's aware that Jieqiong is rich, totally not her level, but she can't help it, she just fall deeper and deeper to the other girl. Jieqiong is continuing with her story while Nayoung is just watching her, admiring Jieqion's beauty. But soon, Jieqiong's phone rings and she excuse herself to pick up the phone.

"Hello? Yes Eunwoo, I'm still moving things. No, I can't hang out today. Tomorrow? No, I need to prepare for college next day. Okay, okay don't exaggerating things, we'll meet next month at Siyeon's birthday party. Okay, bye."

Nayoung heard the whole conversation, it seems like Jieqiong will be very busy these two days so she walks to Jieqiong and said "Jieqiong-ah, you must be busy, I'll go back to my place, just call me if you need any help."

"Okay unnie, thankyou so much for today." Jieqiong walks Nayoung to the door and bid goodbye to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nayoung enters her apartment and jumps into the couch. She's so tired, she never knew that her intention to say hi to the new neighbour become this complicated. It's complicated because Nayoung is complicated, she thinks she has a crush on her neighbour but she doesn't want to have a crush on anybody ever again. That one accident is enough, that one time is already broke her heart in thousand pieces. She lost her first with that one too. They make promises but nothing is being kept by the one too. She really doesn't want to think about that 'one' again. She's so done with love and Jieqiong will be the same with the 'one' too, because they both make her heart races, they're both pretty, pretty eyes, they're both cute, and in the top of that, they're both rich kids from Pristin. The memories came back, and it's still vivid.

Flashback

The bell rings and finally it's lunch time, Nayoung goes to the library like always to avoid those rich brats. She walked to the library in her usual fast pace, so that she won't have to be seen by any bully. But today she's too fast that she bumpe into someone. A very cute and pretty girl. The said girl has a pretty eyes, who will make everyone fall for those pair of eyes. She said sorry to the girl and quickly run away because it seems like the girl is some rich kid too, maybe the girl won't beat her up, judge by her looks which is very feminime. But who knows? It's better to run away and not to take risk. As soon as Nayoung trying to walk away, the girl stops her, grip her wrist and said "Hey, where are you heading to? It's lunch time, why don't you go to the cafetaria?" The girl ask Nayoung in a soft voice.

Because it's rude not to answer, Nayoung said "I always eat in the library, I have my lunch with me" Showing her lunchbox, the rich girl mouthed an 'O'.

"I'm Minkyung, Kim Minkyung, nice to meet you." The girl said.

"Nayoung, Im Nayoung, nice to meet you too."

"Can I go with you to the library? I want to find some peace eating my lunch, the cafetaria is filled with ert guy." Of course the guys will go crazy for Minkyung, she is tall and pretty.

Nayoung just nods and both of them walk to the library and everything starts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nayoung smiled bitterly at the flashback, she gets up from the couch and get into the bathroom to wash. But as soon as she take off her clothes and step into the bathroom, another memories comeback.

Both of them are getting close, they spend so much time with each other. Whether it's in the library or just hanging out like normal highschooler. Slowly but surely, Nayoung developed a crush to Minkyung, her one and only friend from Pristin. She's the only rich kid who didn't look down on her and will defend her from the bullies, she understands Nayoung well too, they become bestfriens real quick and they tell each other secrets.

Until that one day, both of Minkyung's parents are out of town so Minkyung is home alone. She didn't like to be alone so she asked Nayoung to come over to have a sleepover. Of course Nayoung will say yes to her bestfriend and crush. Feeling exciited, Nayoung walks to Minkyung's house and both of them end up cudding in Minkyung's bed talking about random stuffs. Everything is normal until Minkyung suggest Nayoung to play 'truth or dare' game. So many things happened because of that game, both of their feelings are said from the 'truth' and some activities are done from the 'dare'.

Just like that, they became a couple. They did their first with each other. They promised to love each other forever. Forever. But everything that comes fast, leaves quick too. In their first anniversary, it's rainy day. Nayoung waits for Minkyung in the park where they promised to meet up. After waiting for an hour, Minkyung haven't come out too, Nayoung feel worried so she decided to call Minkyung. To her surprise, somebody else pick up Minkyung's phone. It's a girl. The girl said that Minkyung left her phone at her place and MInkyung has just go out a few minutes ago.

Feeling suspicious why Minkyung left her phone in some girl's place, Nayoung is shocked when Minkyung appeared infront of her house.

"Hey Nayoung-ie, I'm sorry that I'm late. I have umm some urgent things come by."

Nayoung can sensed that Minkyung is lying but she let it slide anyway since she trusted Minkyung so much. Those trusts are build up from the time they were best friend, it's amazingly strong.

"Actually, Nayoung-ah. I want to say something." Minkyung looks worried and hesitates with every word.

"What is it? Are you okay?" Nayoung is calm because she thinks that Minkyung is just acting in their anniversary and will give her surprise soon. The phone call accepted by other girl must be a prank too, to make Nayoung jealous.

But reality hits Nayoung in the face like a thousand tons of brick.

"Let's break up, I mean let's not be couple and be best friends, Nayoung." Minkyung looks guilty saying those words.

"Huh? Are you joking Minky? Don't try to hard to give me surprise babe, I know it's our anniversary but you don't need to make such prank." Nayoung feels insecure now, but she's trying her best to be positive.

"No Nayoung, I'm serious, let's break up." Minkyung silent for a solid 10 seconds before continuing "I already love somebody else, I don't love you like how a couple should, I love you as a best friend only now Nayoung. I have a romantic feeling to other girl. I'm so sorry."

Nayoung didn't know how to respond so she just cried on the spot in Minkyung's arms. After Nayoung had calmed down, she realize it's not a prank, it's a reality, a full year become Minkyung's girlfriend and now her place is taken by other girl. She's replaced.

"Nayoung-ah, I know it's hard for you and it's selfish for me, but I really love her."

"Okay." Nayoung said in a low voice.

"Huh?" Minkyung frowned.

"It's okay, just let's break up and be friends."

"Thankyou Nayoung, you'll always be my friend."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nayoung let out a sigh, the memories she want to forget comes back. Again. Minkyung, Kim Minkyung, she never see her again that day. Minkyung never go to the library or ask her to hang out anymore. Minkyung is busy with her new girlfriend, which Nayoung later found out is Yebin, Kang Yebin, a equally pretty girl and of course rich too. Minkyung have texted her a few times to tell her about her life and to say sorry she can't go to the library because since she is dating Yebin, she joined Yebin's group of friends which is popular in the school so they're always have occasion to attend. They're still in contact but yeah, never meet up in real life, only in chats.

After the Minkyung case, Nayoung officially become a stone, not only in school but also in the cafe she works in. Her co-workers is confused by her, but she never tell them what happened. Her relationship with Minkyung is only kept by both of them. So she doesn't know how to tell her co-workers too even when she really need to let out her frustation. From that time begin, Nayoung tell herself to stop falling in love. The pain is more impactful than physical pain. But now she can't do anything, she can't control her heart and her mind. Her heart beats fast when she thinks about her time cuddling with Jieqiong, her mind runs wild imagining things she want to do with Jieqiong. , Nayoung cursed herself, she has fallen in love, again, with a girl from Pristin.

Finishing her bath, Nayoung dry herself and put on fresh clothes to go to work in the cafe. She wonder how will her college life will be with the presence of Jieqiong. College starts in two days, she'll be meeting Jieqiong, they're in the same major. Well, most of her co-workers, actually go to the college this year too. The younger Yoojung and Doyeon is such a smart kid that they skip a year back in the schooldays so they're entering college this year. Even the older Chungha and Sejeong who stop studying after graduating from college two year ago, is being nagged by the younger to take the test and get accepted. It's predicted, because Chunha and Sejeong are smart, they don't go to college that time because their house is facing financial problems so that they work hard to earn money. Now that their financial is stable, they're going to school again even they're late two years. Yoojung, Chungha and Doyeon is taking dance major, same with Nayoung. Sejeong is taking music major by herself since she can't dance well but her voice is so goddamn y.

She wonder who will be Jieqiong's friends, she has heard of the name Eunwoo and Siyeon from the younger's phone conversation earlier but she believes that the younger have a larger circle of friends. Nayoung is really eager for college. She wonder will the Jieqiong's friends will get along with her and her friends.

Well, college day sure will be fun, but Nayoung's will have ups and downs. The situation she will be in in next two days will be very surprising and hard to accept. But that's the reality Im Nayoung must faced. Hope she'll strong enough to face it.