09101422.13141515

Being in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: Chapter Update 5/7; I highly advise to bookmark the last chapter you read since it might get confusing with the multiple updates I will be making.

09101422.13141515

“Park Jinjoo. Park Jinjoo!”

“Ah yes?!” Namjoo fixed her glasses, facing the handsome man calling her ‘other’ name. “Was unnie playing while making my documents?”

“I’ve been calling your name for quite a while now.” The man laughed. “I’m Jung Ilhoon, and you will be working under me here in the Human Resource Department.”

“Nice to meet you, sunbaenim.” Namjoo bowed.

Ilhoon extended his hand for a shake. “I’d like it if your mind is present when we’re working. We don’t want an employee spacing out.”

“Ahh yes…” Namjoo shyly looked down on her feet.

“Welcome to AG Linings, I guess,” Ilhoon said. “The things you need to accomplish are on your table already. It must be finished by lunchtime, okay? I have things to do too so I have to get going.” He waved goodbye as he entered his own room.

The blonde woman searched her pocket for a small, wireless earpiece Hayoung gave her and placed it in her ear. “I’m assigned in the HR Department. Over,” she said in a hushed voice.

“Okay. Can you insert the slips right now? Over,” Hayoung asked.

Namjoo looked from left to right and saw her busy officemates using their computers. “I don’t think I can until lunch. Over,” she replied.

“Alright,” Hayoung said. “Good luck on your first day, Love. Over.”

Namjoo felt her ears turn red, slightly surprised with what she heard. “T-thank you, Love. Over.”

-----

“Bomi unnie, please put your feet down from the monitor,” Hayoung said to the brunette lazing around inside the cramped van.

“Bomi, listen to Hayoung,” Chorong said in a stern voice which got the brunette seated properly right away.

“Good.” Hayoung sighed. “Now where is Eunji unnie?”

Bomi glanced at her wristwatch. “I remember her saying she’ll send the map of the building by 10AM.” She checked the monitor and Eunji’s message suddenly popped up. “It’s here! Three photos are attached corresponding to each floors of the building.”

“Can you print them?” Hayoung asked.

“Sure,” Bomi answered. “I’ll paste them on the van’s wall afterwards,” she added, earning a thumbs up from Hayoung.

“Are you guys there? Over.” Eunji’s voice boomed from the speakers inside the van. “This mic thingy is so cool.”

“Unnie! Place it in your ear! Not in front of your mouth! It’s too loud!” Hayoung shouted with her ears covered, hoping Eunji heard her instructions.

“Oh, sorry.” Eunji wore the earpiece accordingly. “Did you guys receive it? Over.”

“Yes,” Chorong replied. “Where did you find it?”

“We have them in our locker room,” Eunji answered. “By the way, I’m currently assigned at the third floor and there are three departments there.”

“So that’s a total of four departments, including the one where Namjoo unnie is right now. There are still two out of six that we can’t access,” Hayoung said to herself, biting her thumbnail. “Eunji unnie, can you get the slips on all three of them by the end of the day?”

“I’ll try…” Eunji replied. “There are twenty computers in each department but I’ll do what I can.”

“Yah! Don’t forget to put the slips for the security cameras!” Bomi reminded her so she could finish her own job of viewing the cameras inside the van.

“Yeah, yeah,” Eunji answered.

“Thank you, unnie. Over,” Hayoung said, turning off the microphone afterwards.

“Should we check on Naeun?” Bomi asked.

“We didn’t give her an earpiece,” Hayoung said, circling her temples. “It might blow her cover, she said.”

“So we can’t contact her? What if something wrong happened?” Chorong asked.

“I gave her a tracking device so at least we can have an idea where she’s at.” Hayoung checked Naeun’s location on her computer, “and she’s not nearby as of now.”

The three of them were quiet for a moment. Looking at each other, they felt the nervousness in the air.

“W-we’re just starting…” Chorong stuttered, masking a smile on her face.

“I know, but…” Bomi was most worried about her daughter if they failed, making her heave a deep breath.

Hayoung leaned on the backrest of her chair. “As long as we stick to the plan, everything will go smoothly,” she said, trying to convince herself as well.

-----

“There he goes again…” said the bored woman beside Namjoo

“Hmm?” Namjoo hummed. “What is it, Wendy unnie?”

“You wouldn’t know since you’re new, but the president has a routine he never missed out,” said the man across Namjoo, pointing his chin towards the president who was leaving his room. “Not even once. Though I’m envious of the CEO the most. He’s never in the office.”

“Hyunsik oppa’s right. He leaves at exactly this time in the afternoon and returns after thirty minutes,” Wendy explained. “Exactly after thirty minutes.”

“What does he do?” Namjoo asked.

“I don’t know.” Wendy shrugged. “Smoke, I guess?”

“While all of us here are not allowed to leave our seats until our work is done for the day.” Hyunsik sulked, propping his head on his table.

Thirty minutes have passed, and true enough, the president was back in his office.

“So he does that every day?” Namjoo whispered to Wendy.

“Who? The president?” Wendy asked, the blonde woman nodded in reply. “Yeah. He does that every single day.”

“Interesting.” Namjoo rubbed her chin at the peculiar behavior of the president.

-----

Everyone, except Naeun, was back at the club. It was closed down for the second night. All of them were surrounding the same large, round table again, but this time they were all tired from their respective ‘jobs’.

“I already placed the slips in two departments. Did you guys find anything?” Eunji masaged her shoulder, but Chorong and Hayoung shook their heads. “Oh… I’ll get the next department tomorrow then.”

“By the way, where is Naeun?” Bomi asked.

“She said she’s on a date with the CEO,” Chorong replied.

“A date? At this time of the night?” Bomi raised an eyebrow.

Hayoung immediately widened her eyes at Bomi then at Eunji, silently telling the brunette to keep shut.

Bomi glanced at her same-aged friend, noticing her curled fists below the table and her furious expression hidden behind the forced smile she was wearing.

“Sorry,” said the brunette.

“So I guess we didn’t get anything for today…” Chorong sighed dejectedly. “What if all of these are in vain?”

Namjoo snapped her fingers when she recalled a random memory from her work. “Bomi unnie, did you already have access to the security cameras by 2PM?”

“Yeah. Eunji already attached the slips for the cameras at 11AM this morning,” Bomi replied. “Why?”

“Did you record the footages?” Namjoo asked again.

“Mhmm.” Bomi hummed. “Do you need it?”

“I’m not sure… can you search for the videos I will be needing?” Namjoo pleaded. “I also need the map of the office.”

“Sure.” Bomi stood up from her seat and went to van parked just outside the club, returning with a laptop and a bundle of papers. “Here it is. What do you need?”

“Can you follow the president starting from 2PM?” Namjoo glanced at the laptop Bomi was working on.

“The president?” Chorong asked, raising an eyebrow suspiciously.

“My officemates were very certain about this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter