Chapter 8

At a moment of carelessness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Remember to keep him well rested and avoid anything that could distress him, especially those related to his memory lost” the doctor adviced, eyes switching between the pale unconscious man and the obviously worried man.

Eric thanked the doctor once again before he send him away. As he closed the door, Eric realized the weight of his sin. Recalling how Hye sung trashing in his sleep make Eric hate himself to another level that he doesn’t know exist. If only he could returned back to that time, he would choose differently. He would rather faced his family anger and disappoinment, than seeing Hye sung suffer a heart break and memory lost. With a small steps, he entered Hye sung’s bedroom and sat by his side. Eric stares deeply into the face of his beloved, painfully reminiscing the stupid decision he made.

‘Why did I left you back then? Why didn’t I fight for us a little bit more, Syung-ah? Why didn’t I come back for you after the marriage? Why didn’t I try harder to find you for the past six years?’

“I’m sorry Hye sung…I..I am very very sorry…” Eric held Hye sung’s hand tighly as his tears running down. “I selfishly asked you to accept me again..I am so sorry for being stupid..I..I never realized what my sin did to you..I have no right to beg or hold onto you…I’m sorry Hye sung-ah..”

Eric continuosly begged for forgiveness from the unconscious man that he doesn’t noticed another person is standing at the door, literally breathing fire and glaring dagger at him. It was a little too late when he finally noticed the presence of the guest because Jun jin is coming at him with a face that promised an endless pain and forcefully dragged him out without any word.

Too shocked to even retaliate, Eric allowed himself to be pulled by the man he once know as innocent boy who used to follow him around back in the college. Jun jin released the tall man from his death grip once they are in the living room.

“How dare you show your face here?! What the you want from Hye sung hyung?!” Jun jin glared at the man in front of him, daring him to give an explanation.

“I..” Eric was suddenly speechless. He could only gaped at the younger dumbly. He never expect to encounter Jun jin again like this. Now that he realized the damage he had done, he could not say anything in his defence.

“Cat got your tongue?” Jun jin smirked. “Get lost then..you’re not welcomed here” Jun jin turned his back and walked toward Hye sung’s room. He chose to let his worry win over the anger inside of him. For now, he needs to make sure his cousin is alright. He pray hard that Hye sung didn’t get any flashback from the past.

“Jinnie..please…” Eric quickly gripped the younger’s hand, making Jun jin turned around and faced him. “let me take care of hye sung…until he get better at least..”

Jun jin scoffed. “Take care of him? You want to take care of him after you had throw him away? Don’t give me that bullsh*t! Hye sung hyung won’t get better as long as you’re around him. You better not show your face in front of him again!”

“I know I did horrible thing to him..he suffered a lot because of me..I know..so please…please Jin-ah..let me heal his wound..please..” Eric on his knee, pleading desperately.

Jun jin widened his eyes momentarily before he punched the man in front of him. “You know?” he laughed sarcastically, “You don’t!” Jun jin yelled. “You don’t know a damn thing!” He punched the man again.

“Then tell me!” Eric yelled too.

“You don’t deserve to know after what you did to Hye sung hyung!” Jun jin glared. “Now leave before I make you”

Eric wanna screamed and punched the younger back. He wanted to fight for his stay. He wanted to be close to Hye sung and make sure he get better. But no word of his could make Jun jin bulge from his decision. He seem determined to separate Hye sung from Eric. Sighing, Eric stared at Hye sung’s room before he reluctantly leave the apartment.

Jun jin screamed once the door closed. “That sick bastard! I will never forgive you!”

**

“Jinnie, stop staring” Hye sung rolled his eyes. He picked up the warm chocolate milk and let its warmness seep into his palm before he slowly sipped the drink.

“Mianhe hyung” Jun jin reached the remote control and changed the channel to cover his embarrassment. However, the corner of his eyes still secretly follow Hye sung’s movement. He can’t help it though despite the constant nagging from Hye sung asking him to stop. Even though Hye sung had recovered from his fever, his overall health doesn’t seem to improve for better but the opposite. For the past few days, he often find Hye sung crying out his eyes at the most odd time (like eating and doing laundry). When asked what had caused it, he only shook his head and said ‘don’t know’. If that wasn’t worrying enough, almost every night, Hye sung suffered from nightmare which left him trembles like a scared puppy for the rest of the night. To add his misery, his headache hardly leave him so Jun jin forbid Hye sung to go to work.

“When are you going back to your place?” Hye sung asked as he wrapped the comforter around his body. A habit he picked up after he recovered from the fever.

“When you get better”

“My fever went down already”

“I’m not talking about your fever, hyung” Jun jin glanced at the elder meaningfully.

Hye sung sipped his drink again. “Neh, Jinnie, will you tell me about the accident?” He kept his eyes on the mug.

Jun jin sighed and moves closer to Hye sung. Hye sung let his head falls on Jun jin’s shoulder as he closed his eyes, nervously waiting for the younger to say something.

“Hyung..you know I don’t want to talk about it..” Jun jin whispered. He keep his eyes on the television but his mind is no longer there. His head wickedly bring him back to the fateful day.

“But..I want to know about it..and only you can tell me about it”

“Truthfully hyung..I hope you never remember it…if possible don’t even think about it”

“Please Jinnie..I need to know what had caused the accident..and why I was so traumatized that I couldn’t speak for almost a year” Hye sung said with much difficulty. He wanted to appear strong so that Jun jin will tell him what he wanted to know. But he couldn’t lie to himself. He feel drained by just recalling how much effort it took him to walk again, to speak again, and to meet people again.

“Why suddenly you’re so into this, hyung? You weren’t like this before. You promised me to not think about the accident again”

“I know…but..” hye sung sighed. “I think it’s the right time for me to remember it again” he continued softly.

“Why?! Because of Eric?” Jun jin accused.

“No!” Hye sung retorted quickly. He sat up straight and faced Jun jin. “It’s not because of him.” Hye sung paused. “I feel empty..here” Hye sung placed his hand on his heart. “I know I forgot a lot of thing..but I got this feeling..that there’s something I need to remember” he explained.

Jun jin quickly hugged the brunette. “Hyung…” he tightened the hug as his eyes got teary. ‘Finally..’

**

Jun jin violated the bell button repeatedly until annoyed looking Min woo opened the door and barked, “What do you want?!”

Jun jin doesn’t say anything but invited himself in. Still annoyed, Min woo closed the door with greater force than necessary and tailed the maknae into the home-bar.

“Don’t you know what time is it now, brat?” Min woo sat on the stool. His already small eyes hardl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter